I did a follow-up interview with the new case manager with new information

DrDMike

Reaction score
1. No one claiming to be his sister called shortly after his death.
2. No one claiming to be his mother had recently submitted a DNA sample.
3. They are confident he was NOT from VA.
4. They do not think the faint tattoo is a Grateful Dead dancing bear.
5. They did not check the contents of his stomach after he died.
6. They cannot do isotope testing on his teeth to see where he spent his childhood because he was cremated.
7. They are confident that he was no older than 21; most likely a teenager.
8. I asked if they were surprised that he had no drugs in his system with JD being a deadhead and he said he was not. I asked if that was because JD probably couldn't had afford drugs and he said that was likely.
9. I asked about the Amish theory and he said he does not believe JD was Amish.
10. I asked him about my theory that he could have been reported missing but the report was not available or lost. He said that they routinely use Namus as their primary source for possible matches but most missing person cases before Namus was created have not been uploaded. In other words, he probably was reported missing but the report was never uploaded on Namus.
11. The case was never publicized on a national level in the beginning but more in VA.

wow, very excellent information. good on you for following up with the case manager. fantastic to have several rumors squashed all at once.

I asked him about my theory that he could have been reported missing but the report was not available or lost. He said that they routinely use Namus as their primary source for possible matches but most missing person cases before Namus was created have not been uploaded. In other words, he probably was reported missing but the report was never uploaded on Namus.

I'm not a super sleuth pro here but I'd like to comment on this.

I often look for missing persons (for my 'pet' case) in state specific directories and on the county sheriff level. It is surprising sometimes how many people are in those missing persons listings but are not in Namus. Often they can be found in local Sheriff and/or Coroner web pages and don't necessarily show up in Google searches. So, for anyone looking for new possible matches, take a look at your state and then drill down to county level. We have people from all over looking at this case so maybe he will pop up on one of those lists.

Thank you for the info DrDMike. I was looking at someone recently for this but he would have been 26/27 so I can disregard that one.

What if he ran away from home prior to 1995, there is one case of a missing persons file on NamUs of a 14 year old thumb_8685.jpeg Darren Hillis, he would have been about 36 years old in 1995 and he was missing from Virginia in 1973, his eyes are hazel instead of Blue. But he has that similar look about him.... at a younger, possibly pudgier age...
The Link is : https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6187/0

For whatever reason, they will not list Canadians ruled out on NAMUS. IMHO, that needs to change.

He does have a resemblance to Jaime Lefebvre.... I would wonder as the police do that they group of boys, may have drowned. The other thought that crossed my mind is the intake valves for cold water, to the Pickering Nuclear Power Plant.... they are in the water, near the plant and they may have crossed over one.... that is not suppose to be open water for the public, just that if they did get over there, late at night, well it might not be a good thing.... http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ontario/lost_boys_of_pickering.htm

He does have a resemblance to Jaime Lefebvre.... I would wonder as the police do that they group of boys, may have drowned. The other thought that crossed my mind is the intake valves for cold water, to the Pickering Nuclear Power Plant.... they are in the water, near the plant and they may have crossed over one.... that is not suppose to be open water for the public, just that if they did get over there, late at night, well it might not be a good thing.... http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ontario/lost_boys_of_pickering.htm

I think the general consensus is that the lost boys did drown, however not one of their bodies have ever been recovered and for that reason it makes one think, maybe they are out there somewhere.

I think I found a match..... they look so much alike it is uncanny.... he is not on the list of those ruled out. They both have blue eyes and home done tatoo's which do fade, his name is Nicholas Barclay, who would have been 14 and a half years old in June of 1995, he went missing from San Antonio Texas, at the age of 13 and a half years old. His weight and height is out, but a growing boy can spring up almost over night. From personal experience with teen children of my own..... I have put his pictures together with Jason Doe. What do you think?
Jason Doe and Nicholas Barclay.jpg

I think I found a match..... they look so much alike it is uncanny.... he is not on the list of those ruled out. They both have blue eyes and home done tatoo's which do fade, his name is Nicholas Barclay, who would have been 14 and a half years old in June of 1995, he went missing from San Antonio Texas, at the age of 13 and a half years old. His weight and height is out, but a growing boy can spring up almost over night. From personal experience with teen children of my own..... I have put his pictures together with Jason Doe. What do you think?
View attachment 56110

the lips are exact!!! Good find!!! I thought Nicholas was found, I need to go backand look but didnt he kill himself in the woods?:waitasec:

the lips are exact!!! Good find!!! I thought Nicholas was found, I need to go backand look but didnt he kill himself in the woods?:waitasec:

i don't think so. nicholas was the one who was impostored by a french person who convinced his family he was nicholas. very sad and cruel story.

Regarding cremation, I am going to put this as delicately as possible. Even if a body is kept in cold storage, there most likely will come a time, years later, when it can no longer be preserved. Laws seems to vary from state to state on what can be done with UID remains. Some states, like Rhode Island , specifically prohibit the cremation of UIDs. Larger counties and cities have more storage space and more room to keep UIDs longer. Here are some links to show how practices vary from state to state.
This article is a little old, from 2007 but addresses MPs and UID remains. Link:
http://nij.gov/journals/256/pages/missing-persons.aspx

Link to a Wisconsin site:
http://host.madison.com/news/local/...icle_240fafbe-04be-11e0-bb3c-001cc4c002e0.htm

Virginia Link (Grateful Doe) https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/medExam/documents/PanfluMgmtPamphlet 2013.pdf Final disposition of UID/unclaimed remains is apparently left to the discretion of the county sheriff in the county where the death occurred, if I am reading it correctly.

View attachment 56110

I highly doubt they are the same. LE believes Nicolas was murdered by his brother. Also Nicolas has a gap between his front teeth, JD did not.

More info at the article. According to the article linked below; remains wearing red Levi's were found as well as another set of remains. Canadian LE do not want to DNA test them; so the family has a petition up that everyone here should consider signing.

Family marks 19th anniversary of Pickering's 'Lost Boys' case, point to possible new clue

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back