GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Click here to post a greeting for Abby -->>> Abigail Hernandez ** Post your Good Wishes for Abby Here **

TRAIvCg.jpg

Abigail Hernandez

Arrest made in Abigail Hernandez disappearance
Gorham man charged with 'knowingly confining Hernandez'
UPDATED 4:35 PM EDT Jul 28, 2014

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. —An arrest was made Monday in the disappearance of New Hampshire teen Abigail Hernandez who had been missing for nine months before her return home last week, the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office said.

Nathaniel E. Kibby, 34, of Gorham, New Hampshire, was charged with one count of felony kidnapping for knowingly confining Hernandez on Oct. 9, 2013, in Conway, New Hampshire, with a purpose to commit an offense against her.
LvZGuIZ.jpg

Nathaniel E. Kibby, 34

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/arrest-made-in-abigail-hernandez-disappearance/27185334#ixzz38o8kFPo6
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Hollye's key points map: Key points
Hollye's full map: Full map

NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 **MEDIA THREAD **NO DISCUSSION**

AmandaReckonwith's Case Archive

I just want to give strength to Abigail and her loved ones.
That's all.
Bless you.
All.

If more charges are not forthcoming...this is officially the strangest case ever. Jmo

Does LE think Abby was abducted while walking home from school? Or that she left voluntarily and was abducted by Kibby at a later date?

I hope it is ok to ask this but if she went willingly, is it still considered kidnapping since she is underage?

Does LE think Abby was abducted while walking home from school? Or that she left voluntarily and was abducted by Kibby at a later date?

LE and the AG are not answering that part about 'willingness' right now; they say she was kidnapped on the 9th of October on North-South Rd.

I hope it is ok to ask this but if she went willingly, is it still considered kidnapping since she is underage?

Yes. ETA: see I-a below:

If more charges are not forthcoming...this is officially the strangest case ever. Jmo

The only reason I could see more charges not coming forward is if it would save Abby having to relive this nightmare and testify. If they can get a conviction without having Abby testify I'd call it justice, even if they had to lose a charge or two.

During the arraignment I believe it was specifically stated the abduction he was charged with occurred October 9 2013 on North South Rd. (No details about the nature of the abduction known to the public yet, of course).

The only reason I could see more charges not coming forward is if it would save Abby having to relive this nightmare and testify. If they can get a conviction without having Abby testify I'd call it justice, even if they had to lose a charge or two.

That depends, Imo. If he is a sexual predator, he needs to be locked away for a long as possible. No possible reason to let him out in a max of seven years.
She could probably testify via video or something like that. But I can't agree with ignoring charges if he is a true danger (obviously he is, imo) and a predator, etc.

I don't believe for a second that she went anywhere with him willingly. Like Jaycee Dugard before her and Elizabeth Smart and so many others, I believe he forcefully grabbed her on that quiet, tree-lined path where the girls last saw her.

I have to say that the Mods have shown, even by the exceptionally high standards here, extraordinarily good judgment and taste with how they have treated this sensitive case and have diligently protected Abigail and her familiy. Thank you.

Please make a note that we have an arrest in this case. Any pointing towards, insinuations about, or other disparaging remarks about Abby or her family will be removed.

AH and her family are considered victims here. If anyone thinks otherwise, they can keep those thoughts to themselves or provide a legitimate link for discussion.

Salem

Please make a note that we have an arrest in this case. Any pointing towards, insinuations about, or other disparaging remarks about Abby or her family will be removed.

AH and her family are considered victims here. If anyone thinks otherwise, they can keep those thoughts to themselves or provide a legitimate link for discussion.

Salem

Is it ok to discuss that she might have gone willingly since it is illegal for him to have arranged it?

I don't believe for a second that she went anywhere with him willingly. Like Jaycee Dugard before her and Elizabeth Smart and so many others, I believe he forcefully grabbed her on that quiet, tree-lined path where the girls last saw her.

I should have read your post before I posted mine.:)

ITA!

I think this is exactly what happened and she endured it in order to survive just like Jayce, Elizabeth, and the three other young girls who were kidnapped <modsnip>

IMO

If he is convicted of felony kidnapping he could get LWOP anyway.

Abby in courtroom as bail set at $1M for alleged abductor

by Daymond Steer
"CONWAY &#8212; The man accused of kidnapping 15-year-old Abby Hernandez was ordered held on $1 million cash bail, by circuit court Judge Pamela Albee Tuesday afternoon. Abby was in the court room with her mother, Zenya, and sister Sarah.
Police say Nathaniel Kibby, 34, of Gorham, kidnapped Abby on the afternoon of Oct. 9 on North-South Road."

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/79154-abby-in-courtroom-as-bail-set-at-1m-for-alleged-abductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0