NY - Kiam Felix, 11 mos, murdered, pics of body posted on Facebook, 6 July 2014

Constance

Reaction score
Good grief! There are others that would have wanted him....so selfish and cruel!

I know her statement makes it sound pretty clear-cut, but I kinda think this woman has mental issues. Dressing him up & taking pics is just so...IDK, out there to me.

WARNING!!!! There is a link to the dead baby's photo in that WTVR article. :(

WARNING!!!! There is a link to the dead baby's photo in that WTVR article. :(

:eek: OMG, you're right! Thank you for pointing that out. I'll see if I can edit my post to put the warning in there, too, for anyone who might click before making it this far down the thread.

The wtvr.com link says bio-mom said ---
- she killed the baby.
- she wrapped him in a sheet so tightly, baby could not move or breathe.
Huh ?!?!?!
She left him alone for ~1/2 hr, while she showered.
He turned blue and she called baby's father.
Huh?!?!?!?!

RIP baby Kiam.

Beautiful little Kiam, sleep peacefully sweetheart.

OMG. Looking at her FB, she killed him the day before her birthday. HOW?!?!?! just how? :tantrum:

Such a beautiful little boy.

Beautiful baby. There are no words for biomom.

I keep thinking about this case. Mercifully, the facebook page has been removed.

What comes across is that the mother seems to have a true affection for the child, and grieved while and after she suffocated him. In the way you would say "I dearly love the family lake cabin but I just can't manage it anymore, I have to get rid of it, I can't do it anymore". Or "as much as I've loved my involvement in wildlife rescue, I just can't do it anymore. I'll miss it terribly but I just can't manage it".

Her disconnect is just . . . so shocking. As much horror as we see on these forums, this particular case is shocking. You could see it developing on her facebook page - beginning with the post that said how much she missed the days when he couldn't move around. She doesn't seem as clearly insane as women who hear God telling them to kill their babies, or believe their babies are inhabited by evil, but there is a cold rational callous disconnect here that . . . is just baffling. By all accounts, he was a normal, healthy, pleasant baby to be around. But even before he was walking, he was just too much work and she made this cold decision - with this weird affectionate ceremony - that she couldn't do it anymore and it was time to kill the baby she honestly liked. This is a harder notion to understand, IMHO, than a monster boyfriend who beats a boy to death over a toileting accident.

Maybe because in those cases, you see it coming a LONG way away so it can be prevented. This? No one seemed to see it coming.

I keep thinking about this case. Mercifully, the facebook page has been removed.

What comes across is that the mother seems to have a true affection for the child, and grieved while and after she suffocated him. In the way you would say "I dearly love the family lake cabin but I just can't manage it anymore, I have to get rid of it, I can't do it anymore". Or "as much as I've loved my involvement in wildlife rescue, I just can't do it anymore. I'll miss it terribly but I just can't manage it".

Her disconnect is just . . . so shocking. As much horror as we see on these forums, this particular case is shocking. You could see it developing on her facebook page - beginning with the post that said how much she missed the days when he couldn't move around. She doesn't seem as clearly insane as women who hear God telling them to kill their babies, or believe their babies are inhabited by evil, but there is a cold rational callous disconnect here that . . . is just baffling. By all accounts, he was a normal, healthy, pleasant baby to be around. But even before he was walking, he was just too much work and she made this cold decision - with this weird affectionate ceremony - that she couldn't do it anymore and it was time to kill the baby she honestly liked. This is a harder notion to understand, IMHO, than a monster boyfriend who beats a boy to death over a toileting accident.

Maybe because in those cases, you see it coming a LONG way away so it can be prevented. This? No one seemed to see it coming.

Well said. I didn't poke around on her FB while it was still up, but I just find the whole thing so bizarre. IDK if I'll ever understand the way some people's minds work. Human beings are a strange lot. I hope the media keeps us updated as to how things unfold.

RIP Kiam.

There is definitely something wrong with this girl. If you get sick of having a baby you just kill it. She doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with this.

If she gets out of gaol while still in childbearing years, what's to stop here doing it again? There needs to be a psych evaluation to see what makes her tick. JMOO

I am beyond angry and sickened by this "mother". Who could ever do such a horrific thing to their child?!

This is just an awful case. So terribly sad.

Why could she not see that there were other options?

3202d77f.gif

A New York woman is accused of murdering her child and then posting pictures of the corpse on her Facebook page.

Nicole Kelly, 22, from Queens, New York told police, “I reached my breaking point, I didn’t want him anymore” when questioned about the child’s death. Police have charged her with second degree murder for the death of her 11 – month-old son, Kiam Felix, Jr. The father of the child has not been charged with any crime.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Afterward, police believe that Kelly may have posted a picture of the child’s lifeless body on her Facebook page with the caption “R.I.P Tinkabutt.” The photo appears to have be taken in the same clothes he was wearing when he was taken to the hospital.

Underneath the photo She wrote, Kelly left a message that read: Missing my baby boy so much wish there was some way I could bring him back to life. I feel horrible knowing he passed away Am his Mother I was supposed to protect him I know his spirit will always be around me
http://uptownmagazine.com/2014/07/ny-nicole-kelly-mom-suffocates-toddler-kiam-felix-facebook-photos/

BBM UBM

Ummm she murdered him so why post the above??? Sick and twisted IMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie