Body of young boy found on US military plane landing in Germany

zwiebel

Reaction score
'The body of a young stowaway was found inside a compartment near the wheel well of an Air Force cargo plane that had landed in Germany, U.S. military officials said Tuesday, triggering questions about the security of an aircraft that had made several stops in Africa.

Air Force personnel found the boy’s body Sunday night after spotting an orange cloth in a small opening by the landing gear during a detailed inspection of the C-130J aircraft when it landed at Ramstein Air Base. When they tugged on the wet cloth, they discovered it was attached to a boy in the compartment, officials said.'

This is a significant security breach. The plane had made several stops in Africa and one in Sicily en route to the base in Rheinland Pfalz, Germany and it's not known how the boy managed to breach security and get aboard the plane. Initial suggestions are it may have happened in Mali.

The Air Force is conducting its own investigation and the Pentagon Press Secretary tweeted: .

'@PentagonPresSec Cause of death and other circumstances of incident are under investigation and thoughts and prayers go out to the family
8:11 PM - 29 Jul 2014'

Rest in Peace, whoever you are.

http://www.suntimes.com/28945139-76...s-military-plane-in-germany.html#.U9iE5MsaySM

Photo Link, article in German from Bild: http://www.bild.de/news/ausland/ramstein/militaer-flieger-mit-leiche-gefunden-37030666.bild.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 91
Poor kid. He probably heard it had been done before so he would try it. It's not like hitching a ride under a train. It would be freezing. I imagine he would have been unconscious and would not have known anything. I hope that's how it played out.

So sad, poor kid.
I hope he just went to sleep and didn't suffer.

Last night on the news they said he tested negative for Ebola, thank goodness. imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back