CA CA - Los Angeles, Wht/HispFem UP4219, 15-23, butterfly tattoo, Aug'84

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking at this case in NamUs with no photo available, and going through my list of possibles. I was thinking Debra Frost fits the description. However, after realizing (1) that there was a NCMEC reconstruction available (that didn't resemble Debra), and (2) Debra was on the rule-out list, I decided to go ahead and start a thread for this Jane Doe anyway.

I'm pretty sure that there are no good possibles in the public listings. But maybe one will show up among the daily new listings, and we will all be aware of this case.

NamUs UP 4219 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4219

1984 Los Angeles Nutel Motel Jane Doe.jpg1984 Los Angeles Nutel Motel Jane Doe Tattoo.jpg

Unidentified White/Hispanic Female

The victim was discovered on August 21, 1984 in Los Angeles CA.

Body Condition: Recognizable Face​

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: Adult - Pre-30
Approximate Age: 15-23
Approximate Height: 5'4" (64 inches).
Approximate Weight: 105 pounds.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Tattoos: Tattoo of a butterfly on her lower abodmen, right inguinal area.
Clothing & Accessories

Clothing On Body: blue pin striped pants (“Je Taime” brand); dark top; panties; belt,
Footwear: Shoes (“Fayva” brand)
Jewelry: white and blue neckalce; pair of earrings found on table in room​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Available and Entered
Dentals: Available and Entered
DNA: Not Available

Case History
On August 21, 1984 the body of an unidentified female was found at in a motel room at the Nutel Motel located at 1906 W. 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA. It is estimated she had been deceased for several hours prior to discovery. The decedent is believed to be White, possibly Hispanic, with brown eyes. Her hair was light brown with darker roots and was approximately 6 inches in length. She had a butterfly tattoo on her right lower abdomen (shown above) and a round scar on the middle of her left thigh. She was found wearing blue pin-striped pants (“Je Taime” brand), a dark top, shoes (“Fayva” brand), and a white and blue necklace. A pair of earrings was found nearby. The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what the Jane Doe may have looked like. The photo of the tattoo has been enhanced to aid in visual identification and may not reflect the original case file images. Anyone with information should contact the Los Angeles County Coroner, reference case number 84-10453..​

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number8410453
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)15-23
Estimated Year of Death1984
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 4"(64 inches) , Measured
Weight105 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundAugust 21, 1984
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 10, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
General Location--California
CountyLos Angeles County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryThe decedent was found unresponsive in a motel room @ the Nutel Motel 1906 W. Third St. room #165 in Los Angeles.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionBrown
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye DescriptionBrown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Tattoo
tattoo of a butterfly on her lower abdomen, right inguinal area.

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
blue pin striped pants dark top panties belt,
On the Body

Footwear
shoes
On the Body

Jewelry
white and blue neckalce pair of earrings found on talble in room
On the Body

STREET VIEW OF HOTEL

Google Maps

Last edited:
I have asked nameus if there could be a possibility that it could be Denise C. Rodriguez who disappeared in March 1984 in CA. However, that should be an accident. But I can not get away from how much they are similar to each other and they are about the same height and approximately weight.

Attachments

• 20201227_171251.jpg
    20201227_171251.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20201227-170826_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201227-170826_Chrome.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 33
Update:

Unfortunately i have not heard back from nameus. Instead I contacted doenetwork.org today. However, I had a little trouble contacting them on the website but got hold of a very sweet lady Donna who helped me, so I could link a possible match in the system.

(I had written in my email that I could see from the above post that Denise had not been compared in this case)

Shortly after I received this email:

Thank you for the suggested match. I do not show any comparison of these having been done so I will have our panel look at it. If is proven to be a positive match, I will contact you further.

Best Regards, Mary Bell

Tips & Potential Match Coordinator Doe Network "International Center for Unidentified And Missing Persons"

I'm sure everyone has already seen it but Carl made a reconstruction for Jane Doe. I wonder what her story is...

https://www./media/janedoe-was-found-in-room-165-at-the-nutel-motel-located-at-1906-w-3rd-street-in-los-angeles-california-on-august-21-1984.1061/full

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back