Identified! FL - Fort Myers, Woman's body along I-75, Aug'14 - Penny Seevers

Harlow

Reaction score
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ally-blocks-i-75-near-colonial-blvd/13622419/

About a dozen crime scene investigators combed the grasses off the southbound lane of Interstate 75 near the Colonial Boulevard entrance ramp for hours Tuesday, stalling traffic in their search for clues related to a woman's death.

They covered a third of a mile within 45 minutes, looking for anything that might lead to how the woman's body came to rest among tall weeds about 50 feet from the roadway.

A state mowing crew discovered the body around 10 a.m., said Debbie Tower, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Transportation.

The LCSO Public Information Office said it would not release any information Tuesday.

A video taken by a reporter, one of the first on the scene, showed a partially clothed female lying on the ground, her legs bare.

A LCSO deputy declined to answer questions about the identity of the victim, how long the body may have there or whether the death was suspicious.

apologies if I did this wrong or if I missed a thread.

Identified and has a history of prostitution arrests according to public record.
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...-found-alongside-i-75-in-fort-myers/13713859/

The woman found dead Tuesday along Interstate 75 in Fort Myers was identified this morning as Penny Seevers.

At about 10:25 a.m.., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a dead woman on I-75 in Fort Myers. Deputies located Seevers, 43, on the west side of the southbound travel lanes, just south of Colonial Boulevard.

Identified and has a history of prostitution arrests according to public record.
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...-found-alongside-i-75-in-fort-myers/13713859/

I've long wondered why there are SO MANY people that are buried without names, particularly women found alongside Interstates. There's been several of those in my state and that's what made me curious about that sort of thing.

There was a woman found in a refrigerator on the way to my grandfather's hometown in 1985.
There was a lady found just outside the 4-H camp I went to a few times a decade later.
To this day, no one knows who those women really were.

Fortunately, Penny Seevers was identified quickly.

But the way this story was written somewhat confirmed some occasional cynical reasoning that I had for why those women are still nameless...

Nobody misses her. Except for maybe her pimp. Or that coke dealer she owes a couple hundred bucks.

The sheriff's office had no further information. A spokesman did confirm that Seevers was not considered a missing person.The sheriff's office had no further information. A spokesman did confirm that Seevers was not considered a missing person.
Seevers has a lengthy record in Lee County dating back to 2006 when she was first arrested on drug charges. Since then Seevers has also been arrested multiple times on loitering, drug and prostitution charges.

Penny Seevers was just found murdered. Dead. Discarded.

Why is her criminal record and how far back it stretches necessary just yet? At least to general public?
That would definitely be useful to investigators now. But EVERYONE?
The same with being reported missing.
Who cares if she was reported missing? She's now been reported "murdered" and that should trump a missing person report, at least in my eyes.

I can't tell who it is that feels like what I said earlier. Law Enforcement? The newsmedia? Society at large?

Sorry for rambling. Maybe I'm just having a bad day.
I'd just noticed that more was said about HER minor crimes than was said about the more important crime committed TO HER and it made me mad.

I know it's useful info for people on these forums (myself included).

I was just thinking about what my parents or one of the many elderly Florida residents would think of this poor lady were they to see this on the news.

I completely agree with the above post. One of the things that really bothered me about the LISK and Shannan Gilbert's media coverage, is that so many articles referred to her as "Prostitute Shannan Gilbert."
So unnecessary, Regardless of the path she took, that was someones child, sister, etc.

Even then, it shouldn't matter that she's someone's child or sister. Shannon Gilbert and Penny Seevers were human beings, that should be enough of a reason not to harm them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back