Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
7t9NcAy.jpg

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/13fb26130b91480a972e65b4beba40d3/WA--Missing-Bremerton-Girl/

Kitsap County sheriff's deputies are searching for a missing 6-year-old girl who was last seen Saturday night when she went to bed at the family home in east Bremerton.

The sheriff's office says Janice Paulette Wright was missing Sunday morning but the family didn't become concerned and call for help until Sunday night because she had left the home on previous occasions and wandered around the neighborhood.

A search began about 1:30 a.m. Monday with deputies and volunteers in and around the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park, where the girl lives wither her parents and six siblings. Searchers have used dogs and heat-sensing equipment.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/police-searching-for-missing-girl_54824653

They became concerned when they hadn't heard from her by 8:30 p.m. and went door-to-door in the mobile home park looking for her. After being unable to find her, they called 911 at about 10 p.m...

The girl is white and Native American/Filipino. She is 3 feet tall, weighs 45 pounds, and has brown eyes and black hair. It's not known what she was wearing.

Thread#1

The height reported on this child has to be incorrect. A 6 year old that is 36 inches has fallen way off the growth chart and needs immediate attention by a medical professional.
5ejasysa.jpg

All posts are MOO

I'm thinking maybe they do think the dad with the priors was involved somehow. Maybe they think she is already dead- so "missing" not "kidnapped"? If they thought she was kidnapped, wouldn't they have issued an Amber Alert?

Very good point. No Amber Alert. :(

Regarding posts about Jenise's size, from the photos she looked like she was of normal stature for a girl her age. I think parents as negligent as these probably have no clue how tall she is. My girl is 6 and is 47" tall and 41 lbs. She is very tall for her weight. She was one of the taller girls in kindergarten. The only two taller were almost a full year older. But even the shortest was at least 41-42" tall. My niece is also 6 and very small and even she, in her 3t pants, is taller than 3 feet. There would be a pretty severe medical issue for her to be so small, and we would know since she is in school and would likely have been receiving services through the school district to accommodate her needs. I think neighbors would mention that she had dwarfism or something. These parents probably don't take her to the doctor often and probably just pulled that number out of the air.

I hate to, but I've got to go to bed. I'm very upset about this little girl so I'm marking my place here.

Praying Jenice will be found soon! :prayer: But it's just not looking good for the poor little child. :prayer:

From the last thread, got caught in the door when it closed:
Tonia said:
Is it just me or does he not even really seem sad at all? It might just be me and the way im looking at it. He says " im hoping she just went to spend the night at someone's house" almost like "oh well if they find her they find her". He just doesn't seem to worried about it to me.
Totally agree. He seemed so unconcerned about his little girl as though it were no big deal that she was gone, just "send her home"!

Regarding posts about Jenise's size, from the photos she looked like she was of normal stature for a girl her age. I think parents as negligent as these probably have no clue how tall she is. My girl is 6 and is 47" tall and 41 lbs. She is very tall for her weight. She was one of the taller girls in kindergarten. The only two taller were almost a full year older. But even the shortest was at least 41-42" tall. My niece is also 6 and very small and even she, in her 3t pants, is taller than 3 feet. There would be a pretty severe medical issue for her to be so small, and we would know since she is in school and would likely have been receiving services through the school district to accommodate her needs. I think neighbors would mention that she had dwarfism or something. These parents probably don't take her to the doctor often and probably just pulled that number out of the air.

BBM

Maybe I'm confused, but aren't Amber Alerts only issued if they have details on something to look for (other than the child)? When I see them, I'm pretty sure they have always mentioned a car description and/or license plate number, etc.

Exactly! Who pulls a number out of their hat when a child is missing? I'd be reporting 1/4 inches!
If she were that tiny everyone that had ever seen her would report how tiny she was, and no one has.
Hopefully this child will be located sooner rather than later!

All posts are MOO

Makaroni said:
Past tense is weird for me ...
Yeah, use of past tense is often a slipup that indicates the perp knows she is dead.

Exactly! Who pulls a number out of their hat when a child is missing? I'd be reporting 1/4 inches!
If she were that tiny everyone that had ever seen her would report how tiny she was, and no one has.
Hopefully this child will be located sooner rather than later!

All posts are MOO

I'd have to call the doctor to find out how tall my 10 year old was at the last appointment - I keep track of lots of info. Height just isn't something I track except where she is to my shoulder...I don't think that's the issue, just something we can latch on to...not knowing where she was, even giving free reign in a neighborhood you think is safe, to not have her run in and out for a snack or bathroom break or anything - and to not know it - seems strange.

I haven't read through the whole previous thread, is there anyone that confirms the last time she was actually seen? Or is it the parent's word only at this point?

So, LE doesn't see anything wrong about not reporting a 6 yr. old missing that hasn't been seen for 24 hrs.? Because the neighborhood is tribal?? What?? Jerise had breakfast with one family and lunch with another because she had nobody caring for her at home!! I have no faith that this police dept. will find out what happened. They're brushing off the most OBVIOUS clues about this case.....poor little girl.

So, LE doesn't see anything wrong about not reporting a 6 yr. old missing that hasn't been seen for 24 hrs.? Because the neighborhood is tribal?? What?? Jerise had breakfast with one family and lunch with another because she had nobody caring for her at home!! I have no faith that this police dept. will find out what happened. They're brushing off the most OBVIOUS clues about this case.....poor little girl.

I don't think that's fair to say. The sheriff never said nothing is wrong with how the parents acted. He asked the public to put their criticism of the parents aside for now, and just focus on finding Jenise. They had search & rescue and K9 teams out to the scene within just a few hours, not to mention the FBI. I think they're doing all they can, but not releasing much information on the investigation. It's frustrating for us not getting any details, but I think they're covering everything and not brushing anything off.

I'd have to call the doctor to find out how tall my 10 year old was at the last appointment - I keep track of lots of info. Height just isn't something I track except where she is to my shoulder...I don't think that's the issue, just something we can latch on to...not knowing where she was, even giving free reign in a neighborhood you think is safe, to not have her run in and out for a snack or bathroom break or anything - and to not know it - seems strange.

I haven't read through the whole previous thread, is there anyone that confirms the last time she was actually seen? Or is it the parent's word only at this point?

But if your 10 year old went missing tomorrow, would you GUESS her height?
Or would you call the doctor and ask?
That's the point. These parents appear to have just guessed... or something.

I don't know if I know exactly how tall my girls are either...
but I certainly wouldn't guess on something this important.
Both of my girls were 40 inches at 4 years old... and one of them will likely never be taller than 5'0. :twocents:

I might not know exactly how tall my 6 or 10 year old is. If she comes up to my shoulder, you can bet that I am getting a ruler and guessing to the best of my ability.
If my child was missing I would not be haphazardly choosing numbers that more closely match a child half the age of the one missing.
It's a pet peeve. My daughter was only 13 inches at birth (14 weeks early) by her 2 year check up she was almost 34 inches.
I don't know Jenise's date of birth, but I am going to guess she is probably closer to 7. I base this on her dentition in the pictures I have seen.
I will look for a date of birth.

11/07/2007 6 yrs 9 mos
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1236032/1

All posts are MOO

BBM

Maybe I'm confused, but aren't Amber Alerts only issued if they have details on something to look for (other than the child)? When I see them, I'm pretty sure they have always mentioned a car description and/or license plate number, etc.
You're not confused.

I cannot believe that we need to have a thread #2 for Jenise! Where is this baby girl?

Here are some screen shots of the neighborhood that she lived in as well as a very zoomed out shot of all of the wooded area directly to the east. This is also the wooded area that they are talking about some homeless people living in.

jenise wright map.jpgjenise wright map woods.jpg

No Amber Alert and searchers told they're not needed. :(

I might not know exactly how tall my 6 or 10 year old is. If she comes up to my shoulder, you can bet that I am getting a ruler and guessing to the best of my ability.
If my child was missing I would not be haphazardly choosing numbers that more closely match a child half the age of the one missing.
It's a pet peeve. My daughter was only 13 inches at birth (14 weeks early) by her 2 year check up she was almost 34 inches.
I don't know Jenise's date of birth, but I am going to guess she is probably closer to 7. I base this on her dentition in the pictures I have seen.
I will look for a date of birth.

11/07/2007 6 yrs 9 mos
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1236032/1

All posts are MOO

BBM

Exactly! Even if the doctor's office is closed and I didn't write it in the baby book or mark it on the wall, I think I would still be able able to guess within an inch...especially if another family member(s) gave their input also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth