Pet bird confiscated by Pennsylvania Game Commission

vulture

Reaction score
I'm fired up about this because I have two pet starlings:
http://www.pawsforthenews.tv/1news/...eautiful-love-story-between-a-bird-and-human/

Another reason I'm so fired up about it is that I can't believe the government in PA doesn't have better things to do than to terrorize a family that wasn't bothering anyone. The woman's son has autism.

I know very well how violated they must feel because not only do I have pet birds (starlings like this woman) but a couple of years ago the homeowners association where I live destroyed my garden without notice. The garden contained many plants descended from my late Mom's plants and from the gardens of two other deceased family members. When confronted they made up a bunch of excuses but what it came down to is that the pipes in my "backyard" (I live in a condo) were old and needed to be replaced. The HOA mistakenly thought my garden was in the way. They did not know that the pipes had been replaced a week earlier and the work was completely finished. While the workmen were engaged on this I went back to talk to them myself to ask if I needed to move any plants and they said no. A case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing and making lame excuses when it blows up. Probably similar to what is going on in PA but I'm not sure. In compensation they gave me a memorial tree for my Mom on the grounds. That helped heal me but I was very upset as you can imagine. If I could have afforded to move I would have. I know how these people feel. I'm posting this in case anyone else wants to give them some support. Emotional support will help a lot, I know because I got a lot when my garden was destroyed!

If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it, mods. Thank you!

This made me tear up. I hope she gets Wiggles back. :(

I'm fired up about this because I have two pet starlings:
http://www.pawsforthenews.tv/1news/...eautiful-love-story-between-a-bird-and-human/

Another reason I'm so fired up about it is that I can't believe the government in PA doesn't have better things to do than to terrorize a family that wasn't bothering anyone. The woman's son has autism.

I know very well how violated they must feel because not only do I have pet birds (starlings like this woman) but a couple of years ago the homeowners association where I live destroyed my garden without notice. The garden contained many plants descended from my late Mom's plants and from the gardens of two other deceased family members. When confronted they made up a bunch of excuses but what it came down to is that the pipes in my "backyard" (I live in a condo) were old and needed to be replaced. The HOA mistakenly thought my garden was in the way. They did not know that the pipes had been replaced a week earlier and the work was completely finished. While the workmen were engaged on this I went back to talk to them myself to ask if I needed to move any plants and they said no. A case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing and making lame excuses when it blows up. Probably similar to what is going on in PA but I'm not sure. In compensation they gave me a memorial tree for my Mom on the grounds. That helped heal me but I was very upset as you can imagine. If I could have afforded to move I would have. I know how these people feel. I'm posting this in case anyone else wants to give them some support. Emotional support will help a lot, I know because I got a lot when my garden was destroyed!

If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it, mods. Thank you!

PA also confiscates quaker parrots. They will euthanize them per their law. Which I find ridiculous. Pet quaker parrot is not going to do any damage to their crops (or whatever it is they are afraid of).

Vulture I assume Starlings aren't illegal as pets in your state, however if they are be careful who you tell.

Usually small pets like this are confiscated because someone has a vendetta against the owner and they contact authorities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back