Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsAnais

Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)
Reaction score
The young woman in this case apparently met the man whose apartment she fell from on Tinder. Police are calling the death suspicious and the investigation is continuing.

Police have positively identified a woman who died after she fell from a Surfers Paradise high-rise apartment building.

The woman has been identified as 26-year-old Warriena Tagpuno Wright from Lower Hutt, New Zealand.

Around 2.20am on Friday officers were called to the Wahroonga Place building after receiving reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.

Police have confirmed the death is being treated as suspicious.

......The 28-year-old man who is the sole occupant of the apartment, Gable Tostee, was assisting police with inquiries on Friday afternoon. He was not formally arrested and no charges have been laid.

Tagpuno Wright was reportedly visiting Tostee after meeting him through an online dating app, believed to be Tinder, the Courier Mail reported.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/10367377/Kiwi-dies-after-Surfers-Paradise-balcony-fall

10367479.jpg

Oh no ... how horrible. Another balcony death! Poor Warriena had only been in Australia for 11 days, of a two week holiday, and then was scheduled to go home to New Zealand.

Rest peacefully, Warriena. :rose:

May the police get to the bottom of what happened to you.

I see Warriena fell about 2:20am and Gable Tostee apparently shot through! - turned himself in to police around 11am. Hmmm

Woman plunges to death from Surfers Paradise apartment hours after meeting man via dating app
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...018955203?nk=e7d9c3a6380259fc0759002cd9a6f1f0

"A woman known only as Tania told Channel 9 she had been left traumatised by the incident.

“I heard her screaming once and then she stopped, and then she screamed again and then she stopped again, and then she screamed a third time and after that I heard a bang,” she said.

If that pic is taken from his apartment balcony from which she plunged ... it is a loooong way to fall. 14 floors!!! That is higher than the balcony from which Lisa Harnum was thrown, in Sydney (11 floors).

How terrifying for Warriena.:eek:

And in the early hours of Friday morning/late Thursday night. I hope some other witnesses come forward. If it was a warm night, maybe some others were sitting quietly on balconies in the area and could see what happened. :crossfingers:

So here's a shot of one of the building's balconies:

4-wahroonga-place-avalon-apartments-surfers-paradise-c427143a-6163-417f-9d90-9873c9309fd2-508x381-1.jpg

http://cdn1.thehomepage.com.au/obje...43a-6163-417f-9d90-9873c9309fd2-508x381-1.jpg

I'm trying to work out how easy it would be to 'climb over' it, especially after a night of partying....

Or why you would want to climb over it .... 14 floors up ....

What would make a 26-year old woman want to do that? IF she did that.

And how does this come into play ... ?

"Three fire crews were also called to the unit following reports of a gas leak, but police later confirmed that it was a false alarm."

I notice Mr Tostee was not the one to call the police .. he took off for hours and hours (as per enzeder's post above). But did he call about the apparent 'gas leak'?

"Officers were initially called to the scene when a witness on the ground contacted police."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/10367377/Kiwi-dies-after-Surfers-Paradise-balcony-fall

If he so much as mentions a 'ballerina leap' or anything of the sort, I'll hunt him down myself...

I know what you mean, Ausgirl. Maybe this time it was a 'gas leak' that made her dizzy and disoriented .. so she decided to climb down the building's exterior? :facepalm:

The gas leak thing is a mighty profound 'coincidence' IMO.

Also, why take off like that - if it was an accident, any normal person would be distraught, I should think, on the phone to 000 and feeling horrible this thing happened in their home..

Pure kneejerk stuff: Idk, he gives me a vibe. <modsnip>

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: Oh, you noticed those, did you?!! :cool:

&#8220;I heard her screaming once and then she stopped, and then she screamed again and then she stopped again, and then she screamed a third time and after that I heard a bang,&#8221; she said.[/I]

How long would it take for her to fall 14 floors, I wonder. Not very long, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74