Found Deceased WY - Kenneth VanBuskirk, 54, Lusk, 28 July 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
KennethVanBuskirk_zps8ac525e8.jpg

http://county10.com/2014/08/11/lusk-pd-family-ask-help-locating-man-whos-missing-2-weeks/

The Lusk Police Department and family are asking for helping in locating Kenneth VanBuskirk, 54, who has been missing for two weeks. VanBuskirk was reportedly last seen in Lusk at his home on July 28...

His family reports that he has gray hair with a little brown, and may or may not have facial hair. Family reports that VanBuskirk suffers from lung cancer, arthritis, depression, and hip and back pain. He occasionally wears dentures and may be using a walking cane.

http://www.luskherald.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=2980

The Lusk Police Department, Niobrara County Sheriff’s Department and the Niobrara County Search and Rescue did a wide-scale, three-day sweep of the area as well as bringing in a canine unit from Cody, Wyo., two canine units from Cheyenne, Wyo. and horseback searchers from Nebraska this past weekend. “There was very little information to go on,” states Niobrara County Sheriff Rick Zerbe.

Van Buskirk’s family members feel that due to the fact that he disappeared on the 28th of the month and his disability check was not due for another four days that he did not deliberately leave on his own accord.

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Missing-Kenneth-VanBuskirk/711417385562817

He was a personal friend of mine. He had been threatened several times by local police chief. He was no saint and had a drug problem. What I can't understand is why they never did a thorough search of his home (I was with police when they kicked in his door). No fingerprints taken or anything. Many were tasked with providing statements to local police including myself. I can't figure for the life of me how casually a missing/now deceased is handled by police. His remains were found in an area that had been swept by volunteers, horseback and cadaver dogs...probably because he was dumped there long after he died or was murdered. Glad I found this forum to vent. It's just all way too fishy if you ask me. P.S. Police chief "resigned" shortly after remains were found. Hmmmmmm?????

Ernie Van Buskirk has one wish before he dies: find out what happened to his son.

Kenneth Van Buskirk was found dead on a hill in downtown Lusk in February 2016, nearly 18 months after he’d been reported missing.

To date, the 86-year-old retired Converse County Sheriff’s deputy has no answers as to what happened to his son, whose case remains one of the roughly 150 estimated unsolved cases throughout the state, dating back to 1965.

Though watered down from its original intent, family members of the murdered and missing like Van Buskirk vehemently support the proposed law.

“What it would mean to me, and I’m sure does to others, is closure knowing what happened to their loved one and maybe why,” Van Buskirk told Cowboy State Daily. “Speaking for myself, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of my son, wishing that he was here with me.”

Worse for him is not knowing the truth, he said, as well as the resounding mysteries surrounding his son’s death.

The body of Kenneth VanBuskirk was found dead on a hill in downtown Lusk in 2016, 18 months after he was reported missing. His disappearance and death remain unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back