Identified! CA - Humboldt Co., Male Skeletal Remains @ Cuneo Creek, Aug'14 - Luis Raya

zwiebel

Reaction score
'The jawbone was in the middle of a trail on the west side of the Cuneo Creek Horse Camp, an equestrian site in Humboldt Redwoods State Park just off of Bull Creek Road'

'The campers who found the jawbone and skull remarked that the teeth were remarkably straight and white, with no visible dental work. Because of this they surmised that the remains could be of a child or young person, a theory that the coroner would not confirm.'

WARNING. Photo of human remains at link.
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Bl...remains-found-in-humboldt-redwoods-state-park

Aren't both wisdom teeth there? If so, that doesn't seem like it would be a child. The teeth look perfect including the fully erupted wisdom teeth. The jawbone doesn't look like it has been there very long either.

I'm thinking maybe teen, young adult. Remarkably straight and white suggests orthodontics and perhaps cosmetic whitening treatment.

I'm gonna guess hoax of some sort.

Might not be, of course, but something about it just doesn't look right.

I'm gonna guess hoax of some sort.

Might not be, of course, but something about it just doesn't look right.

Well there's always something not right about human remains indicative of homicide. So sad.

I agree that this just doesn't look right... Those teeth just look too white and perfect to be natural. The obvious decomp of the jaw appears natural, but those teeth! Does anyone know how veneers are affected by decomposition?

Wow! Those are really white. It does look strange. Like a mismatch.

That looks like a gum and teeth. Am I missing the jawbone? Is it in the dirt or leaves?

That looks like a gum and teeth. Am I missing the jawbone? Is it in the dirt or leaves?

No, that is not gums. It is just fresh bone that hasn't been fully dried out by the elements yet.

And BTW, it is an adult mandible. The wisdom teeth are fully erupted.

They would be able to tell if the teeth were false and I would assume that would've been mentioned.

No, that is not gums. It is just fresh bone that hasn't been fully dried out by the elements yet.

It looks like false teeth to me. moo

It is not a denture. it is a complete mandible. You can see the condyles on both sides.

Aren't both wisdom teeth there? If so, that doesn't seem like it would be a child. The teeth look perfect including the fully erupted wisdom teeth. The jawbone doesn't look like it has been there very long either.

And BTW, mbush is right. it is an adult mandible. The wisdom teeth are fully erupted.

Yep, too many teeth to be a child. I'm wondering if its one of our missing young women. Still waiting for the ID on the skeleton found a while back, too.

Well there's always something not right about human remains indicative of homicide. So sad.

True, but I didn't mean not right in that sense. I meant not right as in the teeth looking like they don't quite match the jaw, or something. I presume if they were obviously implants or something like that, it would have been mentioned, though.

Maybe what's odd is that bone and teeth that fresh would be completely stripped of flesh.

True, but I didn't mean not right in that sense. I meant not right as in the teeth looking like they don't quite match the jaw, or something. I presume if they were obviously implants or something like that, it would have been mentioned, though.

Maybe what's odd is that bone and teeth that fresh would be completely stripped of flesh.

I know we are in the middle of drought, but this area is traditionally "moist". I'd say maggots are pretty efficient.

I know we are in the middle of drought, but this area is traditionally "moist". I'd say maggots are pretty efficient.

Indeed. Maggots, ants, beetles, carrion birds, etc. can do their business pretty efficiently. But there's nothing on that jawbone. Not even a trace of ligament or bits of dried flesh.

It's probably normal but it sure looks weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back