GUILTY TX - Ryan, 48, & Elena Callens, 49, murdered in their Frisco home, 11 Aug 2014

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested and charged in the murder of his parents in Frisco, Texas.

48-year-old Ryan Callens and 49-year-old Maria Elena Callens were found shot dead early Monday morning at their home in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Another family member was thought to have been home at the time.

'One neighbor used the word "sheltered" to describe the teen.

"He couldn't eat or drink certain things, couldn't watch things," Edith Benitez, who lives in the neighborhood, told the station. "He was just like really restricted." '

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-couple-shot-to-death-16-year-old-son-arrested/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 227
'Neighbors in the 12400 block of Shepherds Hill Lane called 911 at around 2 a.m. after hearing gunshots.'

'There were other family members in the home at the time, but they were not injured, police said.'

'Friends of the suspect say he had resentment towards the victims.'

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26247962/2-murdered-inside-frisco-home-overnight

Resentment is one thing but murder is another. Complaints about soda and movies. Two years he could have been on his own. We didn't stock soda in our home and had parental control on our cable box. I'm sure our teens drank soda and watched unapproved shows when visiting friends homes. Maybe there is more to this story. Check the link below under statics how many parents are killed each week by their biological children, interesting. Jmo

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/qa-why-kids-kill-parents/

ciao

Whoa! How awful. Off to sleuth about this. I wonder if there are any other siblings?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/texas-teenager-kills-strict-parents

His parents, who were about 50 years old, reportedly monitored much of the teen’s behavior. They barred him from drinking soda, restricted his internet activity and did not let him watch R-rated movies, according to the Daily Mail. Neighbors said that the teenager was “very sheltered” and was not exposed to much violence, since they would prohibit the teen from watching violence even during PG-13 movies.

The teenager was the youngest of five siblings. One of the family’s other children was reportedly home at the time of the crime

So the neighbors think he was very sheltered because his parents didn't allow him to watch violent movies or drink soda. :facepalm:
I bet those same neighbors would BLAME the parents if they had allowed him to watch violent movies and he had gone on a public shooting rampage.

I'm sorry, this is just ridiculous.

Whoa! How awful. Off to sleuth about this. I wonder if there are any other siblings?

The 16 year old was the youngest of their 5 children. One of the older children was in the home at the time of the murders.

Neighbors said the teen was homeschooled and as the years passed he had grown distant from his neighborhood friends but had never shown signs of aggression or badmouthed them, neighbors said.
"He didn't say anything, like, bad about them. He didn't, like, show any aggression or hatred towards [sic] them," Benitez said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Frisco-Police-Investigate-Double-Homicide-270746251.html

This family was in my homeschool group.

I just finished reading 6 different articles. All are talking about how sheltered this boy was because he was not allowed soda, to watch violent movies, was punished when he broke rules. And let's not forget all the people out there that think homeschooled = sheltered.

How is it sheltered that his parents actually parented him? Cared about what he put in his body? Cared about what he watched? Held him accountable when he broke the rules? I don't get it. In my mind that equals a good parent.

I am so, so sorry for those parents and his siblings :( This is just senseless.

Under those reasons given by the neighbors, my husband and I would be at risk for being killed by one of our 3 children. GMAB

Reading all these articles makes me think that they were stricter on the youngest than the older kids and was not allowed as much freedom as them. So maybe he was resentful because of that.

dafuq? I am surprised there are not more news/coverage of this. How incredibly horrible. And the siblings. OMG.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-killing-parents-texas-home-article-1.1900890

this link gives more details

Responding to a call of shots fired, the cops arrived at the grisly scene at around 2 a.m. to find the teen and his older sister standing outside the home, a Collin County court officer said during a hearing on Tuesday. The suspect was kneeling on the ground with his face in his hands, while the distraught sister frantically tried to dial someone on her phone, NBC-DFW reports.

A police officer reportedly overhead a chilling conversation between the siblings.

"What do you mean you did it?" the sister asked the suspect.

"I did it," the boy said.

"Was this your plan?" the sister replied, receiving no response from her brother.

The girl then told officers that there was a gun in the house, as the boy gestured. Officers found a rifle on the floor of the house. A flashlight had been taped to it.

wow. He was just standing there, right outside of the house, with his sister, waiting for the cops? Bizarro.

This family was in my homeschool group.

Oh, my gosh, greenpalm. I'm sorry. Something like this is hard to process as an adult -- it's going to be so hard on the kids in your group. My prayers for all of you.

There was a lot more going on than banning soda & movies. IMO

16 years old. TWO more years and he could have moved out. Wait--- he could have asked to be placed in foster care immediately ; if his life was so restricted.
What a ___(bleep).
Unless there is more to this story, I don't see how this was the parent's fault.
:moo:

Rest gently, Ryan and Maria !!

Supposedly, prisons in TX are no picnic...guess this teen will find that out. What was he thinking ? SMH

Mom's name was Elena, not Maria. I'm not sure where that is coming from unless it might have been her middle name or something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back