DE DE - Tiffany Cornett, 17, Dover, 2 April 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
b5e99241-7787-42b2-b132-2ea7cb8e3100_zpsda5f255e.jpg

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...g-delaware-teen-calls-home-maryland/13947011/

A 17-year-old Delaware girl missing since early April has telephoned her family from a convenience store in Ocean City, Maryland, according to Delaware State Police.

Tiffany T. Cornett called her mother and brother Friday from a 7-Eleven store, police said. It was the first contact with her family since she left their Homestead Drive home in the Rising Sun area south of Dover on April 2.

http://www.delaware1059.com/story.php?id=11101

Tiffany Cornett is white, 5' 8", about 180 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes.

Police say she may have changed her hair color or style, and also is known to fake a British accent.

This girl has been gone for four months, but I cannot find any publicity about her disappearance prior to the phone call so I'm wondering what was said. Does she want to come home but someone is not allowing her to? Did she threaten to harm herself?

Possibly, or maybe just a smarta$$ troll. I'm always reading comments on missing person stories and it never ceases to amaze how callous people can be.

Very true but all the articles i have seen says she left on her own free will. She is 17 and none of the articles say anything about dangerous situation or anything. It is kinda odd if she did in fact leave on her own free will why they would still list her as missing unless it's because she is under 18. I don't really read to much into this,i think she just wanted to leave.

Sounds like she just wanted to leave, however I'm curious as to when she was actually reported as a runaway. Did her mother report her as a missing runaway the morning she discovered she was actually gone in April, or did that phone call to police just happen recently after Tiffany's call from OC? If her mother didn't report her missing in April, why not? Tiffany attends Caesar Rodney HS and was part of the 2015 graduating class. If she was gone in April, did anybody at all - be it her parents or the school - report her missing to authorities?

https://www.facebook.com/lowerdelawarebreakingnews/posts/146214795549134

Troopers Searching for Runaway Teen

Camden-Wyoming, DE- The Delaware State Police are currently searching for a missing 17 year old Camden-Wyoming teen that ran away from her home back in April of 2014.

Troopers are looking for Tiffany T. Cornett, 17, who was last seen by her family on Wednesday April 2, 2014 at approximately 7:00 a.m. at her residence on Homestead Drive. Tiffany left her residence on her own free will and was last heard from on Friday August 8, 2014 when she made a phone call her mother and brother from a 7-11 store in Ocean City, Maryland

Tiffany is described as being 5’08” tall, 180 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. She may have changed her hair color and style, and is known to fake a British accent.

If anyone has any information as to Tiffany Cornett's whereabouts, they are asked to contact Detective A. Jones at 302-741-2817 or by utilizing the Delaware State Police Mobile Crime Tip Application available to download at: http://www.delaware.gov/apps/. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."

17 years old. When is her birthday? When does she turn 18? School starts at Caesar Rodney Aug 25 this year, is she still listed as a student or is it possible she dropped out?

http://delaware1059.com/story.php?id=11101

17-year-old Tiffany Cornett of Camden-Wyoming left home of her own free will in April of this year.

Troopers say she called her mother and brother this past Friday from a 7-11 store in Ocean City.

Tiffany Cornett is white, 5' 8", about 180 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes.

I can't help but wonder if there's a reason she left. Then to contact her mom 4 months after she left...why? Usually when kids runaway, they don't call home to check in bc they had a reason to leave in the first place. Unless somebody was pregnant or was involved in a relationship with an older person that they were protecting, what would be another reason to runaway but care enough to call back home to say you're ok? Tiffany had to of missed the entire last marking period of school. Did she just not like school or something?

Delaware runaway law - looks like if this went unreported until just recently, and if Tiffany was still listed as a student and didn't legally drop out of school, then somebody could be charged with contributing to her delinquency... If Tiffany reads here, please contact authorities and handle this the right way. If there is a reason she ran away, authorities should be made aware. If she ran away simply just bc she wanted to have her own freedoms and live as an adult with responsibilities, then she should contact authorities to protect her parent(s)...at the very least to plead her side of the case. She's been gone since April so in all seriousness she very well could be deemed an adult in the courts eyes now - provided she shows evidence of that.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/11/5/V/1102

Did Tiffany "check in" with her mom throughout this time period that she's been gone since April? August 8th was the last her mom & brother heard from her, but was that the only time she's called?

I'm looking through DE law to see the legalities. I don't think Tiffany did anything illegal by running away, but looks like if she's found she'll have to tell a judge, or at least an officer, the reason she ran away. Some states its illegal to run away but I'm not seeing that for Delaware. However, if this went unreported and due to her missing school, her legal guardian could be in trouble for that. I pray Tiffany just does the right thing and contacts authorities.

Hmmm... Why did Tiffany pick Aug 8th to call her mom & brother? No mention of speaking with her dad? Was he working maybe? According to this updated article, Aug 8th was the first her family heard from her since she left on Apr 2nd. Why are the police only just now getting involved, or have they been involved since the beginning but just didn't make the public aware?

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/delaware/2014/08/12/missing-del-teen-traced-oc/13943281/

The contact was the first with her family since the teen left home April 2.

Tiffany T. Cornett called her mother and brother Friday from a 7-11 store in Ocean City, according to Delaware State Police. It was the first correspondence with her family since she left their Homestead Drive residence Aug. 8, police said. She was last seen that day at the residence about 7 a.m., according to police.

NOTE: That is a typo where t says she left Aug 8th. That's actually the first she contacted her family since leaving Aug 2nd. I'll bet Aug 8th was some kind of special day & that's why she called home. Nothing else would make sense bc she didn't come home or leather family even know where she was staying, yet she made it a point to call on that day.

April 2, 2014 was a Wednesday & 62 outside. 51 was the mean & 40 was the low...so who put this girl up bc surely she didn't stay on the street or she'd have frozen!

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Also, how did she get to wherever she went? Did/does she have a car? I assume she has her license since driving age in DE is 16? Or did she take a bus or cab? How would she normally get to school? Why does it seem as though people in her area aren't really worried? Has she done this before?

Hmmm, so she called home and spoke to her mother and brother on August 8th. They said it's the first they've heard from her since she left on April 2nd. That means she didn't even call to wish her mom Happy Mother's Day or her dad Happy Father's Day? So why did she call finally on August 8th? Maybe to speak with her brother for his birthday? Why does the effort to find her seem so lackadaisical? Is it possible she's out on her own for a very good reason but maybe her family only want to know where she's living & that she's truly ok?

Also, her height & weight seem off. Her info says 5'8 180 pounds but she doesn't look anywhere near 180. Could she have been pregnant or could that maybe be a typo?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back