Why did everyone stay in the house ?

Shanny

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new here :blushing:
I have a question and correct me if I am wrong:
During the case I have never heard of anyone leaving the house to look for JonBenet.
When JonBenet was missing, the Ramsey's called the police and then called their friends over, and it seems everyone just sat around waiting for the "kidnappers" to show up, I am wondering why did everyone stay in the house ?
If JonBenet was kidnapped how come the Ramsey's didn't have patrol car roaming the streets to see if they see anything suspicious or have the police officer looking outside the house ?

Probably because they were waiting for a phone call. Also the Ramseys weren't supposed to be instructing the police in how to handle the crime scene and the note said not to call the police so they wouldn't want marked cars driving up and down the street.

shanny: welcome to WS!! this case has been a mystery to some since the beginning. others think it is pretty well solved. this is a great place to get both opinions and information. hope you enjoy your time here.

also there are other great forums to investigate here at WS, so enjoy yourself! izzyB

izzyB said:
shanny: welcome to WS!! this case has been a mystery to some since the beginning. others think it is pretty well solved. this is a great place to get both opinions and information. hope you enjoy your time here.

also there are other great forums to investigate here at WS, so enjoy yourself! izzyB

Welcome to WS Shanny,

The police did a quick "look over" outside the house,to see where an intruder may have entered. But once they read the ransom note,they were waiting for the kidnappers to call,and figured the kidnappers were probably not hanging around the area.

Of course this is my opinion,and as I'm sure,you can already see,at WS there are many,many different opinions. That's what makes this forum so interesting!

Shanny said:
Hi everyone, I am new here :blushing:
I have a question and correct me if I am wrong:
During the case I have never heard of anyone leaving the house to look for JonBenet.
When JonBenet was missing, the Ramsey's called the police and then called their friends over, and it seems everyone just sat around waiting for the "kidnappers" to show up, I am wondering why did everyone stay in the house ?
If JonBenet was kidnapped how come the Ramsey's didn't have patrol car roaming the streets to see if they see anything suspicious or have the police officer looking outside the house ?

Welcome Shanny,

Prior to the 911 call, not only didn't John Ramsey go outside of the house and look for JonBenet, who could have been freezing to death in the 10 degree weather that night, he claims he didn't even search the basement for her.

John's behavior was not believable. There's not a father on the face of this earth who wouldn't have first searched the grounds and the basement for his missing six-year-old daughter.

The likely truth of the matter is that John DID search the whole house for JonBenet, and he DID find her -- all before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 AM. The Ramseys have lied about what actually took place that morning -- and the conspiratorial lies among John, Patsy, and Burke about Burke being in bed all morning until "awakened" at 7:00 AM and taken to the White's house, is proof. The enhanced last four seconds of the 911 call proves that Burke was downstairs talking to his parents at 5:52 AM and not in bed. The Ramseys were already shielding Burke from the crime scene. Why?

The Ramseys basis for what happened that morning was therefore based on a lie -- and nothing else they had to say about what happened that morning could be considered credible.

BlueCrab

Welcome Shanny! :blowkiss:

I agree with BlueCrab.

They followed some of the rules of the phony ransom note but not all of em.

Ramnesia set in early on. I wonder what time PR actually got up 'that' morning.
According to PR when she hollered for John etc. he came down in his underwear, IF he was in the shower, why not grab a robe

a. to dry off some as he ran.
b. take too long to get underwear and put on his wet shower body.
c. did he wear Fruit of the Looms er those boxer short thingies?

BlueCrab said:
Welcome Shanny,

Prior to the 911 call, not only didn't John Ramsey go outside of the house and look for JonBenet, who could have been freezing to death in the 10 degree weather that night, he claims he didn't even search the basement for her.

John's behavior was not believable. There's not a father on the face of this earth who wouldn't have first searched the grounds and the basement for his missing six-year-old daughter.

The likely truth of the matter is that John DID search the whole house for JonBenet, and he DID find her -- all before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 AM. The Ramseys have lied about what actually took place that morning -- and the conspiratorial lies among John, Patsy, and Burke about Burke being in bed all morning until "awakened" at 7:00 AM and taken to the White's house, is proof. The enhanced last four seconds of the 911 call proves that Burke was downstairs talking to his parents at 5:52 AM and not in bed. The Ramseys were already shielding Burke from the crime scene. Why?

The Ramseys basis for what happened that morning was therefore based on a lie -- and nothing else they had to say about what happened that morning could be considered credible.

BlueCrab

I agree with you BlueCrab, if my 6 year old daughter was kidnapped I would have been searching outside and inside the house. It's not like the Ramsey's followed the Ransom note anyway, they called the police on the double when the Ransom note said not to call the police.
Some things are out of order and missing in the case, in the Ransom note it said "I will call you between 8 and 10" I read somewhere that 10 'o clock went by and neither one of the Ramsey's mentioned that the kidnappers never showed up.
Also I read that Burke told the police that he heard someone vaccuming in the middle of the night and his story was different from Patsy's when she said JonBenet fell asleep in the car and was carried up the stairs, Burke told the police that JonBenet woke up to carry presents in the house and then slowly walked up the stairs in front of Patsy.

Shanny said:
I agree with you BlueCrab, if my 6 year old daughter was kidnapped I would have been searching outside and inside the house. It's not like the Ramsey's followed the Ransom note anyway, they called the police on the double when the Ransom note said not to call the police.
Some things are out of order and missing in the case, in the Ransom note it said "I will call you between 8 and 10" I read somewhere that 10 'o clock went by and neither one of the Ramsey's mentioned that the kidnappers never showed up.
Also I read that Burke told the police that he heard someone vaccuming in the middle of the night and his story was different from Patsy's when she said JonBenet fell asleep in the car and was carried up the stairs, Burke told the police that JonBenet woke up to carry presents in the house and then slowly walked up the stairs in front of Patsy.
I wouldn't be searching around the house if I had a kidnap note. I would assume they had my child with them until I paid the ransom. I would stay close to the phone.

It wasn't just John and Patsy who didn't mention the 10 o'clock deadline, nobody did, according to Arndt. Perhaps noone wanted to verbally acknowledge the obvious.

Burke gave both stories. In one she was asleep, in the other she walked up the stairs. ST's opinion was he simply didn't remember. I've never heard the vacuuming story.

Shanny said:
Also I read that Burke told the police that he heard someone vaccuming in the middle of the night .[/b]

Shanny,

Do you have a source for this Burke comment re' him hearing vacuuming in the middle of the night? Thanks.

I thought the vacuuming story was the VanDam's?

I always wondered why the police didn't call in dogs. Does Boulder train dogs for searches?

BlueCrab said:
Welcome Shanny,

BlueCrab
Where can I listen to the last 4 enhanced seconds?

sissi said:
I thought the vacuuming story was the VanDam's?

I always wondered why the police didn't call in dogs. Does Boulder train dogs for searches?

------------>>>I recall from either PMPT or Steve Thomas book, that one of the BPD wanted to call for dogs to come, and he was out voted by his superior whose name I have forgotten he was sorta an old fogie and thought they did not need dogs, think his name started with an E, need help on that one.

I don't know about the dog situation with BPD, but they must have had a source, for the officer to request dogs, even Alie Boralez family foundation was active then and furnished blood hounds to LE.

MISTAKE, MAJOR MISTAKE. IF the ding dang FBI had dogs, and ARE in charge of OFFICIAL KIDNAPPINGS, they shoulda brought the dogs with them. Wellllll, I am guessing that the FBI in that part of the country does not have DOGS at their disposal, why the heck not. We pay enough taxes to keep em in cadaver dogs and scent dogs, one would think anyway.

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Our country is certainly deficit in the thinking department on a lot of citizen needs for keeping us all safe. High tec and pushing buttons has taken the place of good old fashioned common sense. MOP

Wasn't it Larry Mason that wanted the dogs and Commander John Eller didn't? I believe it was a disagreement on the type of dogs to use. I think those two butted heads in this case early on.

Right, Blue Crab, since you know the facts, please give us the tape that shows the last 4 seconds. Did you actually hear the tapes? I have heard the tapes and there is nothing on the last 4 seconds to implicate Burk. Why wouldn't the BPD make that public just like everything else?

Give me a break. I don't know who did it, but two lies don't make a right. The only reason anyone falls for it is that it fits their theory. After all that bumbling, how pathetic.

Linda7NJ said:

Linda and Rupert,

The enhanced final four seconds of the 911 tape exists but cannot be made public. It's incriminating evidence and kept secure, apparently by the BPD.

No, I haven't heard the Aerospace Corporation enhanced version of the last four seconds -- no one but law enforcement and a selected few others have heard it. Copies of the 911 tape floating around in public have not been enhanced, and therefore are being used by Lin Wood and the Ramsey spin team as "proof" there's nothing on the tape. They're right. Burke's voice is not on the tapes because on those tapes the final four seconds have not been professionally enhanced. As a citizen, you can request a free copy of the 911 tape from the Boulder District Attorney,but the final four seconds are not enhanced.

However, there are copies circulating among the public of the end of the original tape enhanced by amateurs (but not professionally enhanced by Aerospace Corporation) where voices can be heard. However, it's hard to distinguish what's being said.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
Linda and Rupert,

The enhanced final four seconds of the 911 tape exists but cannot be made public. It's incriminating evidence and kept secure, apparently by the BPD.

No, I haven't heard the Aerospace Corporation enhanced version of the last four seconds -- no one but law enforcement and a selected few others have heard it. Copies of the 911 tape floating around in public have not been enhanced, and therefore are being used by Lin Wood and the Ramsey spin team as "proof" there's nothing on the tape. They're right. Burke's voice is not on the tapes because on those tapes the final four seconds have not been professionally enhanced. As a citizen, you can request a free copy of the 911 tape from the Boulder District Attorney,but the final four seconds are not enhanced.

However, there are copies circulating among the public of the end of the original tape enhanced by amateurs (but not professionally enhanced by Aerospace Corporation) where voices can be heard. However, it's hard to distinguish what's being said.

BlueCrab

Exactly right.

From my dim memory, words spoken were something to the effect of

'What did you find'

Which could just refer to the ransom note, thereby not incriminating.

Speculative responsive words then spoken were something to the effect of

'We are not talking to you'.

Suspicious IF TRUE, why would a parent say that to a little boy AND AND include the word 'WE' ? BUT the response is not incriminating about anyone having murdered someone, unless you wish to take the first comment as a young boy 'knowing' there was 'something' to have been found. Thereby hangs the rub then, IF the young boy knew a whole bunch more, then he is not prosecutable.

BUT IF in fact the young boy was awakened by PR's screams to John about the note etc. young boy could have come running and understood something being said that led him to know 'something' had been found. Therefore young boys question was just out of curiosity about 'what' was going on.

I think BPD is just hanging on to stuff that MAY fit into a prosecutable puzzle.

Thanks Thorkim, wonder where Eller is now?

The last I heard about Eller was he was working as an investigator at the Florida Attorney General's office. Sounds like he was hired in 1999, not sure if he's still there or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back