Identified! CA - Imperial Co., HispMale UP12364, 13-25, Apr14 - Name not found

astridxx

Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12364

13-25 y/o
110lbs (estimated)
66 inches (estimated)

Decomposing remains, deceased for about a week.

The coordinates given are those of a canal area, right outside the Mexican/California border.

It looks like the shirt he was wearing was made in Mexico - I saw Chapultepec near the size of the shirt (CH 34-36), and Chapultepec is essentially Mexico City or DF.

14_055_sketch_1.jpg

Just judging from the socks alone, he probably had recently crossed the border, and had been on a long, long journey prior to that. :(

I have almost no doubt he's from Mexico. What databases could we look at from there, if any?

I'm testing my google skills to the max. So far, no luck on databases for missing people. Sure, they have a database similar to NCMEC but it's for kids who have been like, taken, not kids who have left voluntarily to immigrate here.

http://missingfrommexico.com/resources-for-missing-persons-searches/

Also, I've contacted Ms. Sutherland to see if he had any personal effects on him -- you know, many immigrants carry small pieces of paper with important phone numbers or names on them.

Thank you for that!

There are so many young adults likely from Mexico found in Arizona, Texas, and California that could be easily identified if a database for immigrants existed. It's really sad.

Because this UID's jacket was "likely kid size", I would think the age range would be more 13-17. Jmo

Yeah I wasn't sure what CH 34-36 stood for -- chest? Child? Even then, translating either of those to Spanish would be pecho and nino, so..?

I like the potential match, BUT, I wonder what his story would be in the 4 years since he's been gone. Unless... maybe he was apprehended, released back into Mexico, waited a little while and then crossed? Not sure.

I like that scenario. And you're right, 4 years is a long time for a 13 year old. But the world is strange.

Good enough potential match to be submitted? Or should I keep looking?

He has no ruleouts...yet.

I like that scenario. And you're right, 4 years is a long time for a 13 year old. But the world is strange.

Good enough potential match to be submitted? Or should I keep looking?

He has no ruleouts...yet.

A rule out is definitely better than not submitting it. You should submit it.

Yeah I wasn't sure what CH 34-36 stood for -- chest? Child? Even then, translating either of those to Spanish would be pecho and nino, so..?

Chico :)

(ie chico, mediano, grande)

eta: poor buddy - the photo of those socks breaks my heart.

I'm totally a newbie on submitting and a little nervous, but I'm going to do it. :)

[Update]

I submitted the match. Let's hope for the best!

I was told by the case manager of Jesus Blanco that the potential match is being looked into. Hopefully an answer soon.

NamUs now says the age range is 13 to 18. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ah *in* a canal, not near. I wonder if they suspect foul play or if the canal is usually used by migrants.

Here we go:
Calexico, California, rests on the border of Mexicali in Baja California, Mexico. Calexico has more than 60,000 people pass through the town every day. Drug smuggling is a major issue in Calexico, where numerous smuggling tunnels have been discovered and ultralight planes have been seen dropping bins of marijuana on to the American side. One of Calexico’s most dangerous spots is the All American Canal, which is three miles from the U.S. Port of Entry at Calexico. Every year dozens of [undocumented immigrants] drown trying to cross this dangerous body of water and enter America. Border Patrol agents are often assaulted when trying to rescue [undocumented immigrants] along the canal.

http://www.criminaljusticedegreesgu...8-most-dangerous-border-towns-in-america.html

"The person appears to be in his mid-teens to early-20s and likely drowned after crossing the border illegally", according to the Imperial County Coroner's Office.

I know the cause of death is sometimes unknown, BUT wouldn't there be evidence in the lungs that our UID drowned?

Ergh, nevermind. Looks like the coordinates given suggest he was found between Beech Canal and Alder Canal. Apparently those canals are plentiful down in Calexico...

"The person appears to be in his mid-teens to early-20s and likely drowned after crossing the border illegally", according to the Imperial County Coroner's Office.

I know the cause of death is sometimes unknown, BUT wouldn't there be evidence in the lungs that our UID drowned?

I'm sad to say they're probably so inundated with dead bodies of migrants trying to cross without papers that they just don't give a heck anymore.

You're absolutely right. We're lucky they even gave us a sketch. :eek:hdear:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back