MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...own-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-teen-Michael-Brown-2&p=10867195#post10867195

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

Please continue posting here......

:bedtime:

Found it!!
Big CONCERNING GASH on Browns hand

"D. PARKS: Let me explain to you a few things. Number one, you`re going to notice that there`s an injury to his hand. That particular injury

probably came at a close range, you`re going to find out later. Second, when we talk about front to back -- front to back mainly...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Let me...

D. PARKS: ... applies to two things...

GRACE: ... let me hear what you`re saying. You`re saying that the gunshot wound to his right hand is at close range, although the autopsy is

saying no shots at close range.

D. PARKS: Well, let me explain it like this. It`s a big gash.

GRACE: What?

D. PARKS: It`s a big gash, so as you hear more about it, it`s a big gash on his hand.

GRACE: So it`s not -- are you telling me it`s not a gunshot?

D. PARKS: Now, how that`s -- no, it is a gunshot wound caused by the gun, but a bullet, but it`s a rather large gash in his hand.

GRACE: Well, why do you say it`s at close range?

D. PARKS: Secondly -- well, it`s pretty big and it`s pretty open.

GRACE: That doesn`t mean close range.

D. PARKS: Now, how and when it happened, I`ll leave that to the experts.

GRACE: OK, well, that doesn`t...

D. PARKS: Well, it could -- you`re right, but...

GRACE: ... necessarily mean close range."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1408/18/ng.01.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what is MB meant to think when an grown *advertiser censored* adult cop is confronting him with a gun should he not be scarred?? just cause he is 6ft 4 and 200lb lol i was 6ft 1 at age 15. So the same way u keep throwing that he was attacked by a giant, i will keep thinking, the cop used his power to intimidate to provoke MB. We are not looking at this in the same way clearly lol and we never will.

Not only is he a child but now we are shaving off a 100# :lol:

Found it!!

"D. PARKS: Let me explain to you a few things. Number one, you`re going to notice that there`s an injury to his hand. That particular injury

probably came at a close range, you`re going to find out later. Second, when we talk about front to back -- front to back mainly...

GRACE: ... let me hear what you`re saying. You`re saying that the gunshot wound to his right hand is at close range, although the autopsy is

D. PARKS: It`s a big gash, so as you hear more about it, it`s a big gash on his hand.

D. PARKS: Now, how that`s -- no, it is a gunshot wound caused by the gun, but a bullet, but it`s a rather large gash in his hand.

LOL! I thought your post was so important that I copied it to bring it forward. You beat me to it.

LOL! I thought your post was so important that I copied it to bring it forward. You beat me to it.

He also discusses "more than a tussle" a "serious altercation inside the vehicle "
In the same transcript.

DW and his attorney have been silent, but, luckily, Daryl Parks is proving his innocence daily.

I did not write the article that i posted on why police shoot men with knives. But regardless I am sorry for the misuse of some words. As far as some OW protestors yelling shoot shoot shoot. They were holding a protest outside a bar on OW' behalf. Once the mike brown protestors caught wind of this they moved in on that protest, and thats probably when those words were uttered.

I did not write the article that i posted on why police shoot men with knives. But regardless I am sorry for the misuse of some words. As far as some OW protestors yelling shoot shoot shoot. They were holding a protest outside a bar on OW' behalf. Once the mike brown protestors caught wind of this they moved in on that protest, and thats probably when those words were uttered.

I missed the article that you posted. Who misused words? The protesters or you?

Still...not cool IMO

BBM
I was wondering when I read it because it didn't sound like your usual posts. Thanks for clarifying :loveyou:

BBM I was wondering when I read it because it didn't sound like your usual posts. Thanks for clarifying :loveyou:
It was actually a post on fb that I brought over here, because it made the point.

Was there delay in SLCo. PD's response, getting to Ferguson?

"....interviews with law enforcement officials and a review of police logs make clear that a combination of factors, some under police control and some not, contributed to the time lapse in removing his body. "The St. Louis County Police Department, which almost immediately took over the investigation, had officers on the scene quickly, but its homicide detectives were not called until about 40 minutes after the shooting, according to county police logs, and they arrived around 1:30 p.m. It was another hour before an investigator from the medical examiner’s office arrived....."

Hey ppl, we're talking about coordinating between 2 diff PDs -Ferguson PD and StLCoPD, for a non-routine function..... Takes time.
Is it poss StLCo PD homicide on duty needed to wrap up a few things, before heading to Ferguson? ........................... Takes time
Or poss StLCo PD had to call in extra homicide detectives for Ferguson?...................................................................Takes time

The situation involved a shooting death, in which the shooter was known, identified, and not going anywhere.
IDK if there was any delay at all. Maybe so, maybe not.

JMO MOO IMO

Found it!!

So he's talking about the "mark" on the hand that is shown in the AR diagram right?

&&her Whoas also make me :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member