GUILTY PA - "The Boy in the Bag", Philadelphia, 1994 - Jerell Willis, 4

audrey77

CJ Analyst
Reaction score
Tomorrow, Philadelphia police will announce the identity of an unidentified boy. Sources say that they know who he is, how, and where he died.

NCMEC Info

Article here

Cold cases can be solved!

Congratulations, and many thanks to those who continued to work this case!
Thanks for posting this!

meggilyweggily said:
I've had my suspicions that the child may be D'Wan Sims. Let's see if they prove correct.

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful little boy. :(
crying. :( poor, sweet little fellow.

These stories make me crazy. SHOW THE TEETH!!! In the re-characterization of the child, the lips are nearly sealed. SHOW THE TEETH. If they found a newly deceased child, they would have good teeth to either show in drawings or recreations, or actual photos.

Why do they almost never do that? Why are they so secretive about the teeth, when that is the one real constant that is not re-created, it's not a best-guess or an artists concept, i'ts REALITY, in fact totally intact, and would end most of these questions immediately yes or no?

GRR. It's like it's purposeful to withhold this easily identifiable info from the public.

Maybe that should be my mark on this movement. So many people have specific goals, and specific impacts, maybe my personal goal in this missing person movement would be SHOW THE TEETH.

Perhaps it's because the teeth are not usually clearly visible in normal photographs of living people? That's the only thing I can think of. Many people deliberately try to hide their teeth especially if the teeth are decayed, have braces, etc.

I don't know, Meggily. I know people by their front teeth. I would either rule them out, or id them for sure, based on front teeth.

When I look through these missing photos and the artists recreation of bodies, I see teeth in the missing photos and VERY often, the teeth are absent in the found bodies. It begins to look like something LE is holding back to ID bodies.

Teeth are about he very last thing to decay. I am still stumped, with all the guessing they must have to do to recreate a facial expression, why they don't include something that requires no guessing whatsoever - the front teeth.

I really feel like this is my mission.

meggilyweggily said:
I've had my suspicions that the child may be D'Wan Sims. Let's see if they prove correct.
No, it can't be him. The boy found in Philadelphia, according to the article, was found in May of 1994. D'Wan disappeared December 11, 1994, seven months after the body was discovered in Philadelphia.

But who knows when D'Wan actually vanished? Certainly not when his mom said he did. And his case would fit the scenario of the caretaker killing the child and trying to conceal his disappearance as long as possible.

The Philadelphia child may very well be someone else. But if it's not D'Wan I can't think of anyone whom it could be.

meggilyweggily said:
But who knows when D'Wan actually vanished? Certainly not when his mom said he did. And his case would fit the scenario of the caretaker killing the child and trying to conceal his disappearance as long as possible.

The Philadelphia child may very well be someone else. But if it's not D'Wan I can't think of anyone whom it could be.
Yeah, that's true. I wonder if he could have been missing 7 months without anyone reporting him gone, (even neighbors if not other family or friends). Unless whomever might have possibly harmed him did it between two residences. New neighbors wouldn't know of any children if mom or dad got rid of them before they got there.

Rene Romero is on my website and was in a situation like that; his mom and her boyfriend killed him and concealed his disappearance for several years by moving away immediately afterward, though the law caught up to them eventually. Michelle Pulsifer's mother and her boyfriend were able to conceal her death for DECADES by moving. But the law's caught up to them now as well.

Since D'Wan (and Rene, and Michelle) were not old enough to be in school, I should think it would be at least slightly easier to hide it if they died.

meggilyweggily said:
Since D'Wan (and Rene, and Michelle) were not old enough to be in school, I should think it would be at least slightly easier to hide it if they died.
I agree. And if you're the kind of person with the potential to brutally murder your own 4 year-old, I'm not sure that you'd have many friends to notice the child's disappearance or what kind of people those friends might be if you had them. The child in Philadelphia, they say, was beaten repeatedly almost from the time he was born. Don't know how many decent people they might have bonded with during the time they were beating this child ...

KatherineQ said:
I don't know, Meggily. I know people by their front teeth. I would either rule them out, or id them for sure, based on front teeth.

I gues with kids- since their teeth are always changing (falling out; dying and then being pulled, etc) so often, where one person saw a child with no teeth, another saw him with teeth- there are too many variables. IMO.

It's a good question to ask... I'm sure there is a website around where you could ask that question! :)

meggilyweggily said:

I would still think that family would notice... grandma, something... In the missing perosn info on D'Wan, it says his mothers mother (his grandma) reported that her daughter was distraught (can't remember the exact wording) over her sons disappearance.. I would think grandma would have seen him in those 7 months.. I would hate think she was aware of D'Wan missing and helped her daughter cover it up...

I am happy that they know the identity of this precious little guy and I hope the SOB who did this to him, is punished.

KatherineQ said:

When I look through these missing photos and the artists recreation of bodies, I see teeth in the missing photos and VERY often, the teeth are absent in the found bodies. It begins to look like something LE is holding back to ID bodies.

Teeth are about he very last thing to decay. I am still stumped, with all the guessing they must have to do to recreate a facial expression, why they don't include something that requires no guessing whatsoever - the front teeth.

I really feel like this is my mission.

Do it! Do it!
I have often wished when they did reconstructions from unidentified remains they would make the people smiling. Frequently the photos we have available are of the missing person smiling. How much easier it would be to make comparisons if we had some reconstructions that were smiling. It may be that since everyone smiles using specific muscles that are not necesassarily the same in each person, they are afraid the smile in an reconstruction (which could be a guess at best) may throw someone off. Teeth would not be so subjective...

monkalup said:
It may be that since everyone smiles using specific muscles that are not necesassarily the same in each person
That's an amazinlgy good guess. Perhaps that's what gives each of us a differently shaped smile. I don't know if your idea is correct but it's a very good idea. I have also wondered and never thought of that.

lisag said:
I would still think that family would notice... grandma, something...
A lot of times the family does notice and the caretaker makes excuses which the family believes, or they don't believe it but they don't want to think their relative killed the child, or they think so but they're afraid to come forward.

Just checking if his identity has been released yet? I'm in the Philadelphia region and didn't notice anything on the evening news but I was in and out of the room so may have just missed it. I'll definitely be watching at 11:00 if there's no news by then.

I've been Googling periodically all day and got nothing. I don't have a TV so I can't watch the news and in any case I'm in Arkansas.

I do wish they'd hurry up. I'm really anxious to know who this child was and who hurt him and whether they're in custody yet. (Here's to hoping that merciless person will be Dahmered in prison. I'm against the death penalty as an institution but some individuals just deserve it.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back