VA - Active shooter at Fort Lee, VA base

WAVY's FB is reporting in comments that the shooter has been apprehended and they've issued the all clear. Waiting on confirmation of that, though.

WAVY's FB is reporting in comments that the shooter has been apprehended and they've issued the all clear. Waiting on confirmation of that, though.

Thank God!! must be why scanner is quiet

My heart just drops to my stomach with base lockdowns nowadays. Too many horrible incidents this year :(

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_21964.shtml

A commanding general at a Virginia Army base says a soldier with a gun barricaded herself in an office, then shot herself in the head as law enforcement officials tried to negotiate with her.

Maj. Gen. Stephen R. Lyons says the soldier went on a rampage in the office, throwing objects. Fort Lee temporarily went on lockdown while she was barricaded on the third floor of the four-story building that is headquarters for the Army's Combined Arms Support Command. Lyons says about 1,100 people were inside the building.

The Army did not identify the soldier or give her condition. She was taken to Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center. No other injuries were reported.

I am shocked it was a female (not saying females aren't capable of it but still you don't hear of females going on shooting rampages very often) IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back