GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
53b33943c00c4.preview-300.jpg

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

Erin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.

When you post info on court documents, a link is necessary so that it can be traced back.

Thanks!

Salem

The problem with adding a link is I think it's a token based system and the link may expire over time. It's http://openaccess.sb-court.org/ under Christopher Brandon Lee though.

The other thread closed up on me, so I couldn't quote, but I'm not convinced NL would know who Scott Peterson is. He was convicted 10 years ago and she's what 24? So, she would have been 14 when he was convicted, and living in Alaska. My daughter is very close to that age and had no idea who he was when I asked her. IM would know, certainly. But NL, not so much I think.

(Sorry, for the confusion, this post had nothing to do with that specific link. The link was added (in the same post for convenience) afterwords when it was pointed out that some had difficulty finding the open access information on Chris Lee,)

This is a forum and though that sounds like formal it shouldn't be taken as such. Were people having a serious conversation, and we may occasionally bring references(in the form of links), but we all come with our own understandings and viewpoints. This isn't a hearing in a back room at Nist, and some things may need to be taken with a grain or two, but for the most part we get a lot of things done if we tolerate each other. My 2c. JMO.

The other thread closed up on me, so I couldn't quote, but I'm not convinced NL would know who Scott Peterson is. He was convicted 10 years ago and she's what 24? So, she would have been 14 when he was convicted, and living in Alaska. My daughter is very close to that age and had no idea who he was when I asked her. IM would know, certainly. But NL, not so much I think.

So what. When I was 14(in 2001) I spent most of my time living in the music and lore of the 70s. Younger age only makes you more curious about the world, not less.

Man, these threads move so fast! I don't log on for 1 day and am 10 pages down!

Not to mention, Lacey was found...

From the arrest warrant:
http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Tire impressions, consistent with the tire tread found on Lee‘s vehicle were located where Corwin’s vehicle was recovered by detectives. It is believed Lee picked Corwin up from the location where her vehicle was located. Such evidence tends to lead detectives to believe Lee was the last person to have contact with Corwin, at the time of her disappearance.

Continuing from the last thread:

To me, this statement in the arrest warrant is unequivocal. It doesn't say he picked her from a location closer to the road and then moved the vehicle and then a different woman walked from the Corolla to the Jeep. It says nothing about a red car, moving a car, etc.

Hey judge, we found Lee's tire tracks, he picked her up from the LOCATION WHERE HER VEHICLE WAS FOUND, and he was the last person to see her alive.

LE does not believe a red car fits into their case. I'm not saying MB did not see a red car at some point. I'm just saying, LE is disregarding it as part of their case against CL. If MB gets called to the witness stand during a trial, it will be by the defense.

That is, if there is a trial. Pleading guilty would allow CL to avoid the death penalty and also let NL off the hook to take care of their daughter. IMO, CL has two huge incentives to cop a plea bargain.

From the arrest warrant:
http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

To me, this statement in the arrest warrant is unequivocal. It doesn't say he picked her from a location closer to the road and then moved the vehicle and then a different woman walked from the Corolla to the Jeep. It says nothing about a red car, moving a car, etc.

Hey judge, we found Lee's tire tracks, he picked her up from the LOCATION WHERE HER VEHICLE WAS FOUND, and he was the last person to see her alive.

LE does not believe a red car fits into their case. I'm not saying MB did not see a red car at some point. I'm just saying, LE is disregarding it as part of their case against CL. If MB gets called to the witness stand during a trial, it will be by the defense.

That is, if there is a trial. Pleading guilty would allow CL to avoid the death penalty and also let NL off the hook to take care of their daughter. IMO, CL has two huge incentives to cop a plea bargain.

There are two excellent reasons why they wouldn't go into that kind of detail. First, don't give the defense too much information all at once. And secondly, perhaps more importantly, it's a warrant for Erin's murder, not for what may have transpired afterwards. A trial contains everything, a warrant contains the basics.

LE does not believe a red car fits into their case.

Clearly untrue, since the Jeep at the center of the case is red.

IMO, CL has a huge incentive to cop a plea bargain.

After what they went through to get him there, what he made them go through, there's no way they'll plead him out.

From the arrest warrant:

BBM: I really wish he would cop a plea bargain! I wonder, though, what his attorney is telling him? Maybe they have seen the evidence and think it's not so strong? Perhaps the attorney thinks he can pull a Jose Baez. Perhaps he's even advising CL not to accept any plea bargains? MOO.

Going off the end of thread 10. The witness MB specifically said a small, red, shiny brand new car like a KIA or Accent. Not a Jeep. No one in the civilized world can mistake a small sedan for a jeep. No way, no how. My 90 year old Grandma knows the difference.
So if the red car is not on the LE radar it is because they know who it was. Again, my opinion only, as I've said before it was JC and NL.

Going off the end of thread 10. The witness MB specifically said a small, red, shiny brand new car like a KIA or Accent. Not a Jeep. No one in the civilized world can mistake a small sedan for a jeep. No way, no how. My 90 year old Grandma knows the difference.
So if the red car is not on the LE radar it is because they know who it was. Again, my opinion only, as I've said before it was JC and NL.

Imo, they can't just ignore witness testimony because they "know" who the killer is.

It's still possible a red car was involved, and perhaps could indicat another party was also involved...

It seems like there have been lots of news stories and "true crime" type shows that go over the case, though. What I do wonder is IF NL was familiar with the case, WHY? Was there something about it that drew her to the case, or she was just interested?

Not to mention, Lacey was found...

To me this just makes the whole thing more... ironic, I suppose... if the reports about NL saying "no body no case" were true. Guess what? "No body/no case" isn't even true anyway, but in BOTH cases (Lacey's and Erin's) the body was found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer