Do, Anti-Bullying measures create a society of victims?

Second Step is a social-emotional curriculum. One result is reduced bullying and safer schools.

I do think anti-bullying measures are a good thing, but in some places they've been taken WAAAYYYYYYYYY to far to mean you can't give negative social feedback or choose not to be friends with someone because they are abrasive or they just have nothing in common with you. Shaming, for offensive behaviors, is a tool society needs to use imho. But no one wants to see young people tormented because they have a disability, or somehow are "weaker" and so they just glide around in the shadows trying not to be assaulted physically or verbally humiliated. I'm really tired of top-tier popular girls claiming they are bullied because they got crosswise with a peer over a boy and the words got nasty. Or they behave in an incredibly vulgar way and then they feel "bullied" because people make fun of them. If you want to behave in a way that's offensive to everyone, that's fine, but don't do it and then tearfully claim you were "bullied".

i fully agree that disabled people should not be picked on, i was the type to beat the crap out of someone for picking on a disabled person in school

but i just find that too many socially awkward kids and their parents are using anti-bullying measures to cry every time they are offended or someone says something they dont like

IMO the world is a terrible place, people need to raise their children accordingly

why not teach our children to stand up for themselves?

discuss

Very good question. I often wonder if I would have turned out differently if someone had intervened as I always prayed they would. At this stage of the game I hope not.

Oh, let's just get rid of all laws, all they do is "create victims," don't they.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back