9 year old girl accidentally shoots, kills instructor with Uzi in Arizona

zwiebel

Reaction score
A nine-year-old has accidentally shot her shooting instructor in the head with an Uzi in Dolan Springs, Arizona. 39-year-old Charles Vacca died Monday.

'According to investigators, Vacca was standing next to the girl while he was instructing her how to use an automatic Uzi when the accident happened. Authorities say the girl pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head and the victim was shot.'

'Mohave County Sheriff's officials released a video clip of Vacca moments before he was accidentally shot by the 9-year-old girl he was teaching'

The girl's parents were with her at the shooting range.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/26368466/girl-accidentally-shoots-instructor-in-arizona

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 421
Because a nine year old handling an Uzi makes perfect sense. Smh. Dang sad all around

^ I know Hejlena, my thoughts exactly. WTH?

Why in God's name would her parents allow her to shoot an Uzi.....and why the hell were they filming it? For what purpose? Idiot parents have severely damaged this child for life. WTF.

I am a hunter and use guns, I in no way would let my 9 year old grandsone use an Uzi. I just approved a pump bb gun for christmas. I also feel sorry for this child. She has to live with a bad decision her parents made for the rest of her life. Sad story all the way around.

I believe there was another child a boy about 11 that shot himself in the head with an uzi of some type.This happened in front of his parents and the instructor may have been 16.I think I read it on Websleuths a couple years ago.
This poor child will have to live with this.I have been considering going to a gun range but am nervous.There has been cases of people commiting suicide at gun ranges also.

A nine-year-old has accidentally shot her shooting instructor in the head with an Uzi in Dolan Springs, Arizona. 39-year-old Charles Vacca died Monday.

'According to investigators, Vacca was standing next to the girl while he was instructing her how to use an automatic Uzi when the accident happened. Authorities say the girl pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head and the victim was shot.'

'Mohave County Sheriff's officials released a video clip of Vacca moments before he was accidentally shot by the 9-year-old girl he was teaching'

The girl's parents were with her at the shooting range.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/26368466/girl-accidentally-shoots-instructor-in-arizona

Poor girl and poor man. Horrible.

I believe there was another child a boy about 11 that shot himself in the head with an uzi of some type.This happened in front of his parents and the instructor may have been 16.I think I read it on Websleuths a couple years ago.
This poor child will have to live with this.I have been considering going to a gun range but am nervous.There has been cases of people commiting suicide at gun ranges also.

Yup. He was an 8 year old. Also an Uzi. This firm the child wasn't shot. The teen instructor stated he urged the father twice to pick a different weapon for his son but the dad refused.

It it seems people would know by now that the recoil is too much for a child to handle.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/father-christopher-bizilj-died-firing-uzi-urged-son/story?id=12565132

My dad had the pleasure of going in to check on one who had disappeared from sight of the surveillance camera. I won't go on.
Thank goodness for crime scene clean up crews!!!
They were closed for 3 days.

All posts are MOO

What an idiotic decision those parents made. I hate to bash parents that are in pain, but seriously? That little girl is going to go through so much heartache over this. Not to mention the instructors family. :rose:

I am furious!!! That poor child :tantrum: Why on EARTH did she have one one those weapons in her hands. The RAGE!!!!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

I make no apologies for 'bashing' the parents! WTFF?!?! Arghhhhhh!!!

I understand teaching children about guns... and that's a parental choice.
I made a different parental choice, much to my father's dismay... but don't judge others for theirs.

However, can someone explain to me why there is any need for a 9 year old to learn how to use an Uzi? :waitasec:

There are zero good reasons for a child to have their hands on that weapon.

This doesn't make sense.

That girl should have been shooting a water gun at a clowns mouth to blow up the balloon on his head.

Anyone so foolish that they would operate an Uzi in the presence of a child, much less put the gun in a child's hands, should not have a license own a gun. I am extremely in support of right to own, not right to be reckless and irresponsible.

In my opinion, this man willingly risked his life and the life of the child in this situation.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it? A friend of mine who is ex-military said that Uzi's have such a kick, you always aim for the feet. WHY would a child be permitted to even handle a gun like that?

Why is it even legal for such young children to use an Uzi? We don't let 8 or 9 year old drive cars, but someone thinks it's a good idea to legally allow them to use such a powerful gun?

I feel sorry for the girl, but no one else. The adults KNEW the risks and made the choice anyway. parents and instructor.

I guess the Uzi doesn't carry a warning, not recommended for use under the age......

This was avoidable.

I'm really unlearned about shooting ranges-aren't there rules for the guns that children can handle? I mean, if it's common knowledge that a certain gun is too much for a child to handle, am I naive to think someone at the range should have given a flat-out "no way" to the use of the UZI?

I didn't even know till today that little kids are allowed/encourgaed to play with guns. I mean, I know guns are one of those hot-button, taboo topics like God, but if a child is in a situation where they need to know how to operate a gun in order to get through the day, civilization has probably ended anyway. This can't be about anything but the parents projecting their beliefs way beyond good sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back