PA - Zachary Giacobbe, 1 month, found dead, 12yo boy charged, 27 June 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A 12-year-old boy with mental disabilities was charged yesterday with killing his month-old nephew by cracking the baby's skull while tossing him outside their Gloucester County home.

The Franklin Township boy, whom authorities did not identify because he is a juvenile, is in a crisis center for youths in Bridgeton, Cumberland County, authorities said.

They charged him with manslaughter a day after Zachary Giacobbe was found in a backyard swimming pool.

http://articles.philly.com/2005-06-29/news/25438839_1_family-pool-crib-inflatable-pool

What a horrible and sad situation for all. I did look at the OCAR report, and seemed to me that the followup and evaluation of danger/attention was faulty -- JMOO -- when I saw the caseload of the caseworker, I was shocked. I have never been a case worker, and I'll say that my opinions could be naive since I have had no experience in this field.
Just so sad and frustrating for all people, including the social service side, involved in this tragic situation.
We've seen it before and IMO, situations like this one do not seem to improve. But I am an outsider, so please, a grain of salt.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back