WA - Woman rescues baby left in stolen SUV

zwiebel

Reaction score
A thief in Seattle stole an SUV with a baby inside Wednesday, then dumped the car 20 minutes later, leaving the vehicle in neutral and starting to roll backwards. The 10-month-old baby was rescued by a passerby.

'Carlisia Minnis said the car was left parked, but it was running. When she saw the baby inside she started checking the door handles.

The driver's side door was open, so she opened the door and rolled down all the windows.

"All I could think about was the baby," she said. "I realize now I probably shouldn't have messed with the car, but my mind was like 'the baby, the baby needs to be OK." '

A man has been arrested. Seattle police say it's an important lesson for parents never to leave children unattended in a vehicle, but they're not blaming anyone but the man who kidnapped the child.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...recover-stolen-suv-with-baby-inside/14711195/

Surveillance video has been released now, showing Dad Chris Kallin trying to stop the car being driven away. Terrifying. He says he had some kind of remote gadget, so was able to cut off the fuel supply and bring the car to a stop, about a mile from where it was stolen.

25-year-old Estevan Sanchez has been arrested and charged. He was already wanted on a domestic violence charge. Police say he knew the baby was in the car he stole.

'Sanchez is a meth addict, who just wanted to take the SUV for a spin, relatives and his girlfriend said.

“I just know my cousin’s intentions weren’t to kidnap that child,” Miguel Sanchez told KIRO, adding. “He’s not the most perfect person.”

Sanchez was held on $500,000 bail.'

When asked, police said it's unlikely the baby's father will face any charges for leaving the baby alone in a vehicle with the engine running.

Video is at the link.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/seattle-car-thief-steals-suv-baby-cops-article-1.1922335

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 20

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members