GUILTY France - Baby Loan, 4 mos, Chenerailles, 27 Aug 2014

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 4-month-old baby has disappeared in Chénérailles, in the east of Creuse, France. Police say baby's parents told them they last saw the baby 10pm Wednesday night, when they were 'out on the street'.

Over 50 officers are involved in the search for the baby, but police have not appealed for witnesses, saying that's not of concern at the moment and they are 'exploring all avenues.'

A presser is scheduled in a few hours.

Article's in French. I'll try and find an English lang one because this seems very odd to me.

http://www.francebleu.fr/faits-dive...porte-disparu-dans-l-est-de-la-creuse-1726275

'For now, no track is favored by investigators. According to France 3 Limousin , parents reportedly told the military that their baby was kidnapped in the woods when they were stationed at the exit Chénérailles .'

So, where they in a vehicle? Camping? I'm very confused. The parents must have been with the baby, because who would leave a 4 month old alone. So why no description of who took him?

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2014/08/28/1941090-bebe-4-mois-disparu-depuis-mercredi-creuse.html

'For now, no track is favored by investigators. According to France 3 Limousin , parents reportedly told the military that their baby was kidnapped in the woods when they were stationed at the exit Chénérailles .'

So, where they in a vehicle? Camping? I'm very confused. The parents must have been with the baby, because who would leave a 4 month old alone. So why no description of who took him?

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2014/08/28/1941090-bebe-4-mois-disparu-depuis-mercredi-creuse.html

Worrying story Z. If the map is correct, they lived in one of the houses on Route de Peyra.

My translation

'The couple, who live in Lavaveix , a rural town about 25 miles southeast of Gueret, reported the disappearance of their baby boy on Wednesday night to the police in Chénérailles . A search was immediately implemented, including dozens of police , divers and a helicopter. The search , which continued during the night, had turned up nothing by midday Thursday (today).'

http://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/un-bebe-de-4-mois-disparu-dans-la-creuse-2214389

Green pin shows where parents live in Lavaviex, red where baby disappeared nr Gueret. It's about 15 miles away. There seems to be a biggish lake there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 360
I think I've got confused by the article. Mentioning Gueret, for no apparent reason.

The parents live at circled 1
The baby disappeared in the woods, at an exit to circled 2
Circled 3 has nothing to do with it, I don't think.

It looks as if it's nearly all woods in the area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 354
No vehicle description - parents or suspects.
No clothing description/photo of baby, or even a name
No suspect description
No details of the circumstances in which the baby disappeared.

Something's not right here.

No vehicle description - parents or suspects.
No clothing description/photo of baby, or even a name
No suspect description
No details of the circumstances in which the baby disappeared.

Something's not right here.

I agree, very strange especially if they want the public's help to find this baby. And it said in one report the parents were outside? Outside of the house or the car? I hope the baby is safe with a family member but I suppose it's too much to hope for. :(

Here is where the parents stopped their vehicle in the woods, near a pond, and which the baby went missing from, at 10pm.

France 3 Limousin (@F3Limousin) tweeted at 3:08pm - 28 Aug 14:

Bébé disparu à Chénérailles en #Creuse: les recherches se poursuivent autour du véhicule des parents #Limousin pic.twitter.com/FbQK8irHlm (https://twitter.com/F3Limousin/status/504978767396495360)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 345
Disappeared from the car at 10 pm in the woods, omg! We can safely say the baby didn't walk off, so someone was hanging around and snatched the baby or the other? :(

So, first they were "in the street" and then in the woods when the baby was taken? Looking at the photo Zwiebel posted, do they mean they were walking down the path/ narrow road with the baby? How many kidnappers? Any weapons involved?

I'm just not buying the parents' story. :notgood: I don't believe LE is either. :(

Worse than that. It seems they were having a game of bowls in the woods when they left their baby alone in the car.

'The account of the couple leaves some gray areas.....'

According to the couple, they left the baby in his car cot, while they were playing bocca (a kind of mini-bowling) (in the dark??) nearby. The father then had to leave on a 'pressing need', leaving the 24-year-old mother alone with the baby.

At this point, a man snuck up and stole the baby from the car, and the father came back and tried to catch him. Both parents had some 'physical problems' that prevented them chasing the man who stole their baby. The father can't describe the man as he only saw the back of him. They then spent some time driving around looking, before finally alerting police to the kidnap.

Police will continue searches of the ponds around Chénérailles today. They would not comment when asked by media about any criminal history of the parents.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...?q=bebe+disparu+en+creuse&client=safari&hl=en

Trying hard to believe this story. :waitasec:

Personally, this is reminding me so much of the case of little Fiona Chafoulais, who has still not been found.

It just seems so odd to me. When my babies were 4 months old, hubby and I wanted SLEEP when the kid was sleeping. I cant see us driving to the woods to play Bocci in the dark at 10 pm. I guess I would need to hear more about WHY that happened. Were they driving around to get the baby to sleep maybe? IDK :fence:

It is August, the month when everyone in France takes their holiday/vacation. So I wonder if the parents were going to or from a resort somewhere? Because otherwise it doesn't make much sense why they'd be taking a 4 month old baby bowling in the woods just 15 miles from home, when there are plenty of woods nearer to where they live.

And I try to imagine myself, leaving my 4 month old sleeping baby, alone in a car, in the remote wooded area. I can't see myself doing that unless it was some kind of urgent reason. But not to go play Bocci in the dark. Seems very odd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back