Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married In France

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Jolie and Pitt wed Saturday in a small chapel in a private ceremony attended by family and friends. In advance of the nondenominational civil ceremony.

155548964_8.jpg

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/08...france/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Married!
By Mary Green and Michelle Tauber
08/28/2014 AT 08:40 AM EDT

Snipped:

The wedding was held Saturday at Château Miraval in the village of Correns, where the couple first settled in 2008 and have since performed extensive renovations. The wine-growing estate has a 35-room main house, an ancient chapel and a working vineyard spread over 1,100 acres.

angelina-jolie-1-435.jpg

http://www.people.com/article/brad-pitt-angelina-jolie-married

BREAKING NEWS: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie tie the knot in secret French wedding after NINE years together
By Hanna Flint And Louise Saunders For Mailonline
Published: 07:40 EST, 28 August 2014 | Updated: 09:54 EST, 28 August 2014

Snipped:

The secret wedding seems to have been a quiet affair as Brad's brother Doug Pitt, sister Julie Neal and their respective families weren't in attendance.

Speaking from his home in Springfield, Missouri, Doug, 47, said: ‘I’m letting Brad make all the statements, it’s all good though.’

It is not yet clear if even Brad’s parents Jane and William, or Angelina's father Jon Voight, were at the wedding as William was contacted at his home in Springfield this morning – but declined to comment.

1409231380603_wps_43_OIC_XCLUSIVEPIX_COM_EXCLU.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-FINALLY-got-married-nine-years-together.html

Here’s the French Château Where Brad and Angelina Wed

Back in the 1970s, the sprawling estate was home to the jazz pianist and composer Jacques Loussier, who built a recording studio on its grounds. Since then, Pink Floyd, Sting, Sade and the Cranberries have all recorded music there. And it seems that the Pitt-Jolies have carried on the tradition. According to the Château Miraval’s website, the couple “have given impetus to the heart of the estate as a place dedicated to the arts — music, cinema, theater, local food and fine wine.”

http://time.com/3206178/chateau-miraval-brad-pitt-angelina-jolie-married/

Includes a heli video during renovations. ^^^

Blaaaaaaaah! I may be the only one in the entire world that can't stand these two. Maybe because I am a huge Jen fan? :thinking: Anyway, wish them the best and all that jazz but.....whatever.

I am a huge Jen fan as well. But, I am an even bigger Brad and Angie fan.
I'm glad to hear they finally tied the knot....their children must be so excited.
Its also cool that they did it so low key. Beautiful estate BTW.

Well, they really do have adorable children! I will say that for them!!

How Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Pulled Off Their Secret Wedding
By Michelle Tauber @michelletauber
08/28/2014 AT 02:00 PM EDT

Snipped:

"No one in Correns knew a thing," says an official from the French village, where the couple tied the knot at their wine-growing estate, Château Miraval.

"It was a marriage which seems to have been carried out in total intimacy and absolute discretion," the official tells PEOPLE.

angelina-jolie-435x580.jpg

http://www.people.com/article/angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-pull-off-secret-wedding

I am a huge Jen fan as well. But, I am an even bigger Brad and Angie fan.
I'm glad to hear they finally tied the knot....their children must be so excited.
Its also cool that they did it so low key. Beautiful estate BTW.

I'm not a fan but these are some of the few celebrities I actually respect. They work hard and quietly to protect their kids from the stressors of being the children of superstars - that's why they moved to France, because it has strict laws on photographing children. Also, the amount of very serious and constant charity work that sometimes rises even to the level of dangerous political activism on behalf of suffering people around the world, is huge. However, they keep it so quiet that many are totally unaware of how much these two actually do.

I'm not a fan of celebrities. They are generally narcissistic, entitled, out of touch people. But these two seems to sort of have their heads on straight, likely because they spend so much time working for those with nothing that I think they are super grateful ad appreciative of what they have and are aware that they are very lucky.

I don;t give a darn about the "Jen" stuff. Marriages sometimes end. Sometimes it is because despite trying hard, people realize they are not compatible and never will be. Sometimes it is because as they age they develop more fully and realize they have totally different goals. Sometimes meeting someone else who has a different outlook can push one part of the couple to realize they would likely be happier out of the marriage.

There is no evidence that these two had an affair while he was still with Jen (before separation). However, I have read and heard interviews that indicated that Brad became very enamored with serious activism to help the less fortunate, after spending a lot of time with Bono from U2. he spent hours talking with him and Bono's extensive work apparently struck something deep within Pitt. Well, Bono supposedly stated that many people express interest to him but don't act. But Pitt wasn't just a talker. He decided to become very dedicated. The problem was from what I heard, Jen wasn't really into it. (I also heard she was kind of a bit of a sourpuss and kind of sulked when he had friends over).

Anyhow, things apparently got a bit strained between the two and then he worked on the movie where he met Jolie. And she was totally into it. Because she had already been dedicated to that kind of activism. It seems natural that the two, working closely together for months, would become attracted. So, he separated from his wife.

So what? We have a 50% divorce rate in this country. Many should've tried harder but some marriage cannot be saved. These two didn't have children (super important to me when determining if a divorce should happen or not) and both were healthy and relatively young, so I'm not understanding the level of moral outrage. He was with Jen for 5 years but has been with Jolie for 9 and he has six kids with her. I think it's time for the public to move on.

What they've done:

JOLIE -
1. Donated and worked with United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR)
2. Appointed as UNCHR good will ambassador for 10 years during which she visited multiple refugees around the world, and went on multiple field missions to dangerous places like Pakistan and Syria, assisting refugees and displaced persons.
3. Appointed as special envoy to the UNCHR high commissioner.
4. Developed the Millenium Village in Cambodia which consists of a wildlife preserve, schools, newly created roads and jobs for former poachers to farm soy and work as rangers.
5. Built 10 schools in Cambodia.
6. Funds and AIDS care facility for kids in Cambodia.
7. Funds a children's center in Ethiopia where children with AIDS and TB are treated.
8. Built schools in Kenya, and two for girls in Afghanistan.
9. Constantly lobbying congress regarding humanitarian issues, mostly revolving around protecting children and women who are refugees and/or victims of war.
10. Has received multiple international awards for her work.

PITT:
1. Hugely involved in and funded the ONE campaign.
2. Involved in and funded Yele Haiti.
3. Founded and funds the Make It right Foundation to provide housing to hurricane Katrina victims.
4. Founder of Not on Our Watch, which works to prevent and stop mass atrocities around the world.
5. Founded the Jolie Pitt Foundation which funds Global Action for Children and Doctors Without Borders.
6. Donated a million to Haitian earthquake victims and visited with them.
7. Donated huge sums to the Daniel Pearl Foundation.
8. Donated a million to aid Pakistanis displaced by the Taliban.

These two have done more than I could ever hope to do and they work at it constantly. Besides caring for their kids, that's almost all they seem to do when not working. I greatly value humanitarian work, so I have come across information about what they do over the years, and as a result, these two impress me. They do more than talk the talk.

I'm not a fan but these are some of the few celebrities I actually respect. They work hard and quietly to protect their kids from the stressors of being the children of superstars - that's why they moved to France, because it has strict laws on photographing children. Also, the amount of very serious and constant charity work that sometimes rises even to the level of dangerous political activism on behalf of suffering people around the world, is huge. However, they keep it so quiet that many are totally unaware of how much these two actually do.

I'm not a fan of celebrities. They are generally narcissistic, entitled, out of touch people. But these two seems to sort of have their heads on straight, likely because they spend so much time working for those with nothing that I think they are super grateful ad appreciative of what they have and are aware that they are very lucky.

I don;t give a darn about the "Jen" stuff. Marriages sometimes end. Sometimes it is because despite trying hard, people realize they are not compatible and never will be. Sometimes it is because as they age they develop more fully and realize they have totally different goals. Sometimes meeting someone else who has a different outlook can push one part of the couple to realize they would likely be happier out of the marriage.

There is no evidence that these two had an affair while he was still with Jen (before separation). However, I have read and heard interviews that indicated that Brad became very enamored with serious activism to help the less fortunate, after spending a lot of time with Bono from U2. he spent hours talking with him and Bono's extensive work apparently struck something deep within Pitt. Well, Bono supposedly stated that many people express interest to him but don't act. But Pitt wasn't just a talker. He decided to become very dedicated. The problem was from what I heard, Jen wasn't really into it. (I also heard she was kind of a bit of a sourpuss and kind of sulked when he had friends over).

Anyhow, things apparently got a bit strained between the two and then he worked on the movie where he met Jolie. And she was totally into it. Because she had already been dedicated to that kind of activism. It seems natural that the two, working closely together for months, would become attracted. So, he separated from his wife.

So what? We have a 50% divorce rate in this country. Many should've tried harder but some marriage cannot be saved. These two didn't have children (super important to me when determining if a divorce should happen or not) and both were healthy and relatively young, so I'm not understanding the level of moral outrage. He was with Jen for 5 years but has been with Jolie for 9 and he has six kids with her. I think it's time for the public to move on.

What they've done:

JOLIE -
1. Donated and worked with United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR)
2. Appointed as UNCHR good will ambassador for 10 years during which she visited multiple refugees around the world, and went on multiple field missions to dangerous places like Pakistan and Syria, assisting refugees and displaced persons.
3. Appointed as special envoy to the UNCHR high commissioner.
4. Developed the Millenium Village in Cambodia which consists of a wildlife preserve, schools, newly created roads and jobs for former poachers to farm soy and work as rangers.
5. Built 10 schools in Cambodia.
6. Funds and AIDS care facility for kids in Cambodia.
7. Funds a children's center in Ethiopia where children with AIDS and TB are treated.
8. Built schools in Kenya, and two for girls in Afghanistan.
9. Constantly lobbying congress regarding humanitarian issues, mostly revolving around protecting children and women who are refugees and/or victims of war.
10. Has received multiple international awards for her work.

PITT:
1. Hugely involved in and funded the ONE campaign.
2. Involved in and funded Yele Haiti.
3. Founded and funds the Make It right Foundation to provide housing to hurricane Katrina victims.
4. Founder of Not on Our Watch, which works to prevent and stop mass atrocities around the world.
5. Founded the Jolie Pitt Foundation which funds Global Action for Children and Doctors Without Borders.
6. Donated a million to Haitian earthquake victims and visited with them.
7. Donated huge sums to the Daniel Pearl Foundation.
8. Donated a million to aid Pakistanis displaced by the Taliban.

These two have done more than I could ever hope to do and they work at it constantly. Besides caring for their kids, that's almost all they seem to do when not working. I greatly value humanitarian work, so I have come across information about what they do over the years, and as a result, these two impress me. They do more than talk the talk.

Most excellent post Gitana......thank you.

You definitely make some good points gitana1! I think I'm just a brat because Jen is my fave. Plus, Angelina weirded me out with the whole vial of blood thing back when she was with Billy Bob. But again, you do make really good points about their humanitarian work! :)

Sent from my iPhone

My mother taught me as a young child that if I didn't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all. So there ya go. lol

You're right. I shouldn't have opened my big mouth. Sorry y'all! Wasn't trying to offend anyone! :)

Sent from my iPhone

You're right. I shouldn't have opened my big mouth. Sorry y'all! Wasn't trying to offend anyone! :)

Sent from my iPhone

Don't worry! I don;t think RR0004 was talking to you! You didn't offend anyone.

I have no opinion. I do hope that life is good for them.

Blaaaaaaaah! I may be the only one in the entire world that can't stand these two. Maybe because I am a huge Jen fan? :thinking: Anyway, wish them the best and all that jazz but.....whatever.

I'm a Jen fan as well and was definitely "Team Jennifer" way back when. I never approve of cheaters, and add that the Angelina's wild and crazy youth, yeah I coudn't stand these two either.

However, fast forward a few years and I must admit Angelina espcially has won me over. Yes, she was wild and certainly made some mistakes, but she really seems to have matured into an intelligent, caring woman who is doing her best to give back.

When she came out publicly with her decision to go ahead with a double mastectomy, based on having that particular, deadly gene, I must admit my final defense was knocked out. I have no doubt that by going public with that very personal decision she saved lives. Add that to what appears to be her very genuine relief work and concern for others and well, she has won me over.

What can I say. I still like Jennifer and wish her all the happiness in the world, but I also wish these two the best.

Few of us can say we have never done anything we might be a bit ashamed of as responsible adults. I'm giving Angelina a pass on her youth. She seems to have matured into a truly good woman.

I'm still "meh" on Brad, but if she loves him, then I wish them the best.

I am a Jen fan as well, texasgirl2. I have not cared for Brad Pitt since he treated Jennifer the way he did.

I have never cared for Angelina Jolie. I suppose I am the only other one who feels the way you do, texasgirl2, and am not afraid to say it. I hope they are happy as well anyway.

BTW, Howdy, neighbor!

My mother taught me as a young child that if I didn't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all. So there ya go. lol

My mother gave me that advice as well. She knew I'd never follow it, LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back