Dear Raven,

SouthEastSleuth

Reaction score
Dear Raven,

Today is June 29. Janet was murdered just over two months ago.

Your wife is gone. Kaiden has no mother.

What are your days like now I wonder –

Do you cry for Janet? Do you miss her? Do you think of the years you two were together? Are there memories that make you smile, make you cry, make you sad? Do you often look at her pictures? At videos? Do you think of the plans the two of you had? The dreams for the future? Do you remember your first kiss with Janet? Your last kiss? Do you remember the last time you told Janet, "I love you"?

How is life as a single parent? Is Kaiden now old enough to be aware that his Mom is not around anymore? What do you tell him? Does he know he has two large extended families, yours in Utah and Janet’s in Virginia?

Do you worry about who murdered Janet - Who is this person? Why did they do what they did? Why has no one been arrested? Will they someday strike again? The police said from the beginning that Janet’s murder was not random, which many speculate to mean that it was someone who knew her, or you, or something in the vein. Does this give you sleepless nights?

Do you talk frequently to the Durham Police Department – asking what they’ve found out? Do they have any leads? Is there anything you can do to help?

Do you ever think of appealing to the media? Asking for their help in pursuing justice for Janet?

What do you think when you read these boards, or hear about them from others?

Do you worry about the embezzlement charges? Not just what will happen to you, but why you did the things you did? It seems from all accounts that Eurosport must have been an ideal place for you and Janet – you seem to enjoy sales. You both shared a love of soccer. It sounds like many at Eurosport think of it as one big family. Yet, for some reason(s), you allowed yourself to become a criminal there. You stole from people who had embraced you. You abused your position and you abused their trust. Do you feel remorse? Regret? Or, is this just an unfortunate chapter in your life, that you want to put behind you?

Do you worry about your future? A new job must surely be on your mind, for practical reasons if nothing else. Surely you don’t intend to live with your family forever? But, a new job, starting over, etc., do you worry that your history at Eurosport will haunt you? Are there bill collectors looking for you? With Janet’s death still fresh, thinking of money issues must be hard, but realistic thoughts as well, I would imagine…

How is your spiritual life I wonder? Do you feel at peace with yourself and your church? Have you found solace in the church? Based on information posted here about the Mormon church, your’s and Janet’s faith in the church, etc., I’ve taken it upon myself to further educate myself, at least a little, on Mormon beliefs, etc. I came across a proclamation by President Gordon Hinckley of the Mormon church, having to do with Family.

I’m not sure if you are familiar with the document, but the following is an excerpt:

"The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."

Note: This proclamation was read by President Gordon B. Hinckley as part of his message at the General Relief Society Meeting held September 23, 1995, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

http://www.lds.org/newsroom/mediabook/0,15571,3881-1---1-11,00.html

Powerful writing, for sure. Do these words give you comfort? Guidance? Peace?

I’m struck by the emphasis on family. On the partnership between a husband and wife. Do you feel lost without your partner I wonder?

It’s you and Kaiden now. Extended families, sure. But you and Kaiden. And, Janet’s memory. Your wife. Kaiden’s mom.

Janet’s memory is alive and well here, for sure. I hope it lives in Utah, and in your heart…

Justice for Janet – someday, some way, some how.

Sincerely,

Someone who cares

:clap: Excellent letter to the Raven...wonder if his family is asking any of these questions of him? I know if he were my brother I would be giving him the very same questionaire.
How about it Bird....do ya feel like crowing??

Great questions, after reading up on this case and at their sites, besides that very weird Janet Poem by his brother, the family and Raven don't seem to act like she was ever in their life.

Even before Janet was murdered, the day before she was murdered it was like she never existed to Raven.

This case is so sad, and I hope there is Justice soon for Janet, Kaiden and her family.

terminatrixator said:
Great questions, after reading up on this case and at their sites, besides that very weird Janet Poem by his brother, the family and Raven don't seem to act like she was ever in their life.

Even before Janet was murdered, the day before she was murdered it was like she never existed to Raven.

This case is so sad, and I hope there is Justice soon for Janet, Kaiden and her family.
Hey darlin...nice to see ya! Hope all is well.
Yeah I find it puzzling that the wierd sister has not acknowledged or mentioned the horrific loss of her sister in law and then the freakazoid poem from Derek...well all I can say is the more I read about this case...the more I am convinced that the Bird has some talking to do....

SouthEastSleuth said:
Dear Raven,

Today is June 29. Janet was murdered just over two months ago.

Your wife is gone. Kaiden has no mother.

What are your days like now I wonder –

Do you cry for Janet? Do you miss her? Do you think of the years you two were together? Are there memories that make you smile, make you cry, make you sad? Do you often look at her pictures? At videos? Do you think of the plans the two of you had? The dreams for the future? Do you remember your first kiss with Janet? Your last kiss? Do you remember the last time you told Janet, "I love you"?

How is life as a single parent? Is Kaiden now old enough to be aware that his Mom is not around anymore? What do you tell him? Does he know he has two large extended families, yours in Utah and Janet’s in Virginia?

Do you worry about who murdered Janet - Who is this person? Why did they do what they did? Why has no one been arrested? Will they someday strike again? The police said from the beginning that Janet’s murder was not random, which many speculate to mean that it was someone who knew her, or you, or something in the vein. Does this give you sleepless nights?

Do you talk frequently to the Durham Police Department – asking what they’ve found out? Do they have any leads? Is there anything you can do to help?

Do you ever think of appealing to the media? Asking for their help in pursuing justice for Janet?

What do you think when you read these boards, or hear about them from others?

Do you worry about the embezzlement charges? Not just what will happen to you, but why you did the things you did? It seems from all accounts that Eurosport must have been an ideal place for you and Janet – you seem to enjoy sales. You both shared a love of soccer. It sounds like many at Eurosport think of it as one big family. Yet, for some reason(s), you allowed yourself to become a criminal there. You stole from people who had embraced you. You abused your position and you abused their trust. Do you feel remorse? Regret? Or, is this just an unfortunate chapter in your life, that you want to put behind you?

Do you worry about your future? A new job must surely be on your mind, for practical reasons if nothing else. Surely you don’t intend to live with your family forever? But, a new job, starting over, etc., do you worry that your history at Eurosport will haunt you? Are there bill collectors looking for you? With Janet’s death still fresh, thinking of money issues must be hard, but realistic thoughts as well, I would imagine…

How is your spiritual life I wonder? Do you feel at peace with yourself and your church? Have you found solace in the church? Based on information posted here about the Mormon church, your’s and Janet’s faith in the church, etc., I’ve taken it upon myself to further educate myself, at least a little, on Mormon beliefs, etc. I came across a proclamation by President Gordon Hinckley of the Mormon church, having to do with Family.

I’m not sure if you are familiar with the document, but the following is an excerpt:

"The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."

Note: This proclamation was read by President Gordon B. Hinckley as part of his message at the General Relief Society Meeting held September 23, 1995, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Powerful writing, for sure. Do these words give you comfort? Guidance? Peace?

I’m struck by the emphasis on family. On the partnership between a husband and wife. Do you feel lost without your partner I wonder?

It’s you and Kaiden now. Extended families, sure. But you and Kaiden. And, Janet’s memory. Your wife. Kaiden’s mom.

Janet’s memory is alive and well here, for sure. I hope it lives in Utah, and in your heart…

Justice for Janet – someday, some way, some how.

Sincerely,

Someone who cares
Nice letter! Hope he reads it.....

SouthEastSleuth said:
I came across a proclamation by President Gordon Hinckley of the Mormon church, having to do with Family.

Good post SES and good find. I am wondering how could these words bring him comfort? They are written by the President of his church and he hardly lived his life following it. Multiple affairs, irresponsibility with finances, embezzling, unable to provide for his family....I want to know what did he do to follow the church and its beliefs? Did he fake it and then when the adulterer, lying, stealing Raven became known to everyone, could he handle it? Mark Hacking wasn't able to.

SES...

...your letter echoes my sentiments to a tee...although your writing style is more eloquent than mine...well done...

...i cannot see raven, or his family,friends for that matter, NOT wanting this murder story OUT THERE.....sure, LE may have told them to be patient....we're working it...blah blah blah............but if he's INNOCENT........i'd be all over the media, the internet, wherever i could, to get the story out, and keep it in the spotlight..

...surely he's in touch with the lead detective on this daily.......EVEN while away in utah........

...if raven, his friends, family, 'google' janets name,looking for new information, of course they come up with more than a few hits from WS..............i just don't see anyone coming here to his defense...
...if i had a friend/relative that i KNEW to be innocent of anything...........let alone murder! being slammed on a message board, i KNOW i'd be there for them.....in fact especially on a board where there's anonimity...

...rooster, who was obviously a friend of raven's, ( or so he seemed to me)did come to his rescue briefly, but i've yet to see another as diehard as he was....have raven's own friends turned their backs on him ?

...i do realize that WS is a small pixel in the grand scheme of things,www-wise, but none the less, friends, family, and future employers will hit on this forum , it has to say something that no-one drops by with anything positive on raven..

...i'm not suggesting that anyone come by for a heated debate on raven's moral character............i'm just surprised that we haven't seen a post or 2 by anyone sticking up for him lately......

...the main thing right now.................. kaiden............i hope he's receiving all of the love that he needs.........and i'm sure he is............ janet's watching over him..

I'd also like to know what Raven is going to tell Kaiden when he's older. When Kaiden asks, "Did you love my mother?" What's Raven going to say? When Kaiden asks "Were you happy together?" How's Raven going to word that answer?

While I am hoping that this gets more media attention...I am looking at the other side of the coin....

I'm positive LE is working diligently on this case, without the national spotlight. My thinking is that without it, there is less pressure to hold updates, when they have none, or simply cannot comment for fear of compromising the case. Less pressure to make an arrest too soon before a solid case is put togeter in order to secure a conviction. Less distractions all together.
The DNA testing takes time, but in IMO they already have the perp in mind.
No rushing to judgement....no trial by media. No Geragos....praise God.

ewwwinteresting said:
Good post SES and good find. I am wondering how could these words bring him comfort? They are written by the President of his church and he hardly lived his life following it. Multiple affairs, irresponsibility with finances, embezzling, unable to provide for his family....I want to know what did he do to follow the church and its beliefs? Did he fake it and then when the adulterer, lying, stealing Raven became known to everyone, could he handle it? Mark Hacking wasn't able to.
Maybe Raven flew off to Utah to escape everyone knowing all of his indiscressions. Heaven only knows how many of his fellow ward (word for our congregations) members have been on the internet and seen all of the foul that has been dug up on him here. Maybe he couldn't face it and took off to a place that it hasn't been in the news much (oh, wait that's NC too).

Spanky said:
While I am hoping that this gets more media attention...I am looking at the other side of the coin....

I'm positive LE is working diligently on this case, without the national spotlight. My thinking is that without it, there is less pressure to hold updates, when they have none, or simply cannot comment for fear of compromising the case. Less pressure to make an arrest too soon before a solid case is put togeter in order to secure a conviction. Less distractions all together.
Very good points; very good post.

Spanky said:

I so hope that this is true. It seems that most people in this forum have alot of confidence in the NC LE, does anybody know from past cases if this confidence is warrented? I am praying that this is the case!

SES, I am awed by your ability to put just the right feelings into words, this letter definately brings the reason for these forums to a higher level. You are a Poet.:clap:

:laugh:How about it Bird....do ya feel like crowing??[/QUOTE]

snapple said:
I so hope that this is true. It seems that most people in this forum have alot of confidence in the NC LE, does anybody know from past cases if this confidence is warrented? I am praying that this is the case!
I'm alittle worried that LE may not have all the evidence or do I necessarily believe that they are just waiting for test results. From what I've read here, Raven was not that smart. I would think that after visiting the crime scene that night, there would be enough evidence to have arrested him that night. The fact that Janet was brutally murdered more than 2 months ago, and he is still walking free concerns me. Maybe Raven was smarter than what others originally thought??

ewwwinteresting said:
Maybe Raven was smarter than what others originally thought??
IMO, Raven is very smart. Maybe he got arrested for embezzlement, but how much has Raven gotten away with for which he's never been caught? Maybe smart isn't quite the word I'm looking for, (not that he isn't - he seems to be that too) ... but he seems very calculating ... looks at the obstacles, knows the odds, etc.

Just adding my :twocents: :twocents: (inflation, you know)...SES, I think your post was put together very well!

If something like this happened to ANY family member, I'd be a wreck, calling the police on a daily (if not hourly) basis. In addition, if I had the capabilities, I'd have a website dedication and be scouring every avenue for leads. But that's just me, I guess.

I think if Raven decided NOW to build a website dedicated to Janet it would be viewed by me as a failed attempt at sorrow. Day late & a dollar short, so to speak. Again, that's just me.

LTUlegal said:
Just adding my :twocents: :twocents: (inflation, you know)...SES, I think your post was put together very well!

If something like this happened to ANY family member, I'd be a wreck, calling the police on a daily (if not hourly) basis. In addition, if I had the capabilities, I'd have a website dedication and be scouring every avenue for leads. But that's just me, I guess.

I think if Raven decided NOW to build a website dedicated to Janet it would be viewed by me as a failed attempt at sorrow. Day late & a dollar short, so to speak. Again, that's just me.
I absolutely agree with you legal. Any attempt by Raven to "pretend" he cares now and set up a memorial site for Janet is not going to be viewed as sincere. There is always the chance he may set up another trust fund account on the net so that people could donate through paypal :)

However, IF I was innocent, I would certainly be all over LE to clear my name. I would be shouting my innocense on every news channel and pleading for help to find this barbaric person that took my wife and mother of my child away from me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back