Bride calls off wedding, throws party for the homeless

sharon25

Reaction score
EVERETT, Wash. -- A young woman decided to call off her wedding 12 days before the event and her parents knew they'd be stuck with the bill, so they decided to have a party anyway and invited the homeless.

Residents of the Interfaith Family Shelter, housed in a former convent across from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church where the wedding had been scheduled, attended the bash thrown by Katie Hosking, 22, a medical assistant at the Everett Clinic, and her parents, Bill and Susan Hosking of Lake Stevens.

"They had a DJ and really good music. It was a warm, friendly atmosphere. The food was delicious. It was a nice break with people not worrying about anything for one night," shelter manager Carol Oliva said. "Toward the end of the evening, they packed up all the leftover food and we got to bring it back to the shelter."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=WA Canceled Wedding

Well now...there is a bride with cold feet that I can respect!! Too bad a certain unnamed runaway bride couldn't be so thoughtful :rolleyes:

sharon25 said:
EVERETT, Wash. -- A young woman decided to call off her wedding 12 days before the event and her parents knew they'd be stuck with the bill, so they decided to have a party anyway and invited the homeless.

Residents of the Interfaith Family Shelter, housed in a former convent across from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church where the wedding had been scheduled, attended the bash thrown by Katie Hosking, 22, a medical assistant at the Everett Clinic, and her parents, Bill and Susan Hosking of Lake Stevens.

"They had a DJ and really good music. It was a warm, friendly atmosphere. The food was delicious. It was a nice break with people not worrying about anything for one night," shelter manager Carol Oliva said. "Toward the end of the evening, they packed up all the leftover food and we got to bring it back to the shelter."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=WA%20Canceled%20Wedding
Send this to Jennifer.....
Oh, am I bad........:slap:

Hats off to the young Lady......

What a semi happy ending! Much better than NO PARTY and to think...there will probably be no divorce later. Kudos to this smart woman! Sorry about the $$ paid...but you all know you have to do this stuff way in advance...at least it just wasn't cancelled and NOTHING

A very classy way to say no wedding! She not only said no wedding, she turned into a party for the less fortunate!

Gee, why couldn't Jenny Wilbanks have done this???:doh:

This is absolutely the coolest thing I have ever heard. Kudos to her and her family. No waste just recycle and help those who are less fortunate. I just can't say enough. I guess this is integrity....put that in the dictionary.Yay, my faith gets re-affirmed.

concernedperson said:
This is absolutely the coolest thing I have ever heard. Kudos to her and her family. No waste just recycle and help those who are less fortunate. I just can't say enough. I guess this is integrity....put that in the dictionary.Yay, my faith gets re-affirmed.
DITTO!!!

BTW-Thanks for the link sharon25.

I am truely awed by her generous spirt. Her parents should be proud of her and she should be proud of them. They raised a good one. It's better to step back a few days before instead of marrying the wrong person just because you feel like it's too late to back out.

A wonderful example of making the best of a bad situation.

BIG STANDING :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

to the ex-bride and her parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back