WA WA - Donna Van Zandt, 33, Quinault, April 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
DonnaVanZandt_zps4c1b5641.jpg

The vehicle registered to Donna Van Zandt, 33, of Seattle, was located by hunters scouting an area near Neilton on a remote logging road, according to the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office. A sheriff’s deputy determined the car likely had been there for several months because of the vegetation that had grown around it. The vehicle’s keys were still inside, but there was nothing to indicate what may have happened to the driver.

Donna's FB: Donna Van Zandt

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of March 29, 2023>

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad that she has been missing since April and nobody noticed until they found her car.

Here is her LinkedIn profile. (I hope it's ok to think this.) https://www.linkedin.com/in/donnavz

It looks like she was working as a consultant most recently, which could mean she was working independently so not going into an office every day. Would explain why nobody missed her at work.

I wonder about a boyfriend or significant other. Her FB page doesn't show much, but there is reference to a man who's name starts with S.

The Washington State Elementary School Chess Championship was held in Seattle on April 12th, 2014.

Old articles:

Abandoned vehicle leads to search for Seattle woman
August 29, 2014
http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article26076622.html

Vehicle of missing Seattle woman found abandoned near Neilton
August 25, 2014 <modsnip: broken link>
Donna-Van-Zandt-car-1024x768.jpg

Missing Seattle woman’s car found in Grays Harbor County
August 28, 2014 at 4:40 PM <modsnip: broken link>

Missing woman’ss car found in Neilton forest
August 26, 2014 <modsnip: broken link>

Missing woman’s car found; Information on her whereabouts sought
8:30 am - August 28, 2014
http://southbeachbulletin.com/news/...ound—-information-her-whereabouts-sought.html

Haven't had any luck finding info regarding her father's murder. According to this link (<modsnip: broken link>), his name is Vladimir; I haven't been able to locate a last name or any other info. <modsnip: rumors>

I came across this case by accident while checking up on the latest news regarding Lindsey Baum (missing from McCleary, about an hour and a half from Neilton) A basic Google search shows how active Donna was; she was an avid hiker and biker. <modsnip> I'm sure LE has followed up on these activities and isn't ruling anything out.

Any updates?

hello all. Brand new to this site, but I have heard of you and appreciate all you do.

I'm a personal friend of Donna's. Her disappearance was a shock to us as well, and having no answers has bothered me immensely for years. <modsnip: posting inside information without properly being verified>

This is an interesting missing person case. <modsnip> However, not sure what could be done at this point. I don't live too far from where her car was found. I found it interesting that she would be in that area as there really isn't much there - unless you enjoy hiking and nature - it's pretty empty and without anything in the area really. <modsnip>

hello all. Brand new to this site, but I have heard of you and appreciate all you do.

I'm a personal friend of Donna's. Her disappearance was a shock to us as well, and having no answers has bothered me immensely for years.

<modsnip: posting inside information without properly being verified>

Internet articles mentions Donna participating in bike marathons, and for this, she must have been quite fit. <modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

Perhaps genetic criminology might help the police solve the crime?

I check in on this case from time to time; I was friends with Donna in High School; she was the first person I considered a "girlfriend", although she was leagues ahead of me in maturity and life experience. <modsnip: posting inside information>

News of her disappearance impacted me greatly, remembering who she was, and who she had wanted to be. I just signed up for this account to say I am grateful for a community dedicated to answers and exploration of the truth.

I was "browsing" Namus and came across this unidentified person: Unidentified Person Case
Which i thought kind of resembles Donna.
What do you guys think?
The place were the body was found is only a bit over 2 hours away from where her car was found.
The body was found in a forrest. Hiking was one of Donna's hobbies.
I was "browsing" Namus and came across this unidentified person: Unidentified Person Case
Which i thought kind of resembles Donna.
What do you guys think?
The place were the body was found is only a bit over 2 hours away from where her car was found.
The body was found in a forrest. Hiking was one of Donna's hobbies.

I’m very interested in this. Something about that orange hat struck a familiar chord with me. I’m digging through her Facebook pics looking for that hat, but as a last resort I’ll show it to her ex husband. As hard as that would be.
THANK YOU for this! It definitely strikes me as Donna, but obviously I’m not going to jump to any conclusions.
I’ll let you know what the ex says, he’d definitely remember a hat like that.

I’m very interested in this. Something about that orange hat struck a familiar chord with me. I’m digging through her Facebook pics looking for that hat, but as a last resort I’ll show it to her ex husband. As hard as that would be.
THANK YOU for this! It definitely strikes me as Donna, but obviously I’m not going to jump to any conclusions.

The mentioned UID also has a thread here on WS, maybe you find something of interest there as well. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...umpqua-river-near-gardiner-1-oct-2016.318926/

Dear Agent West, Did you have any luck? maybe i/we can help looking through her facebook etc.?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back