cannot help thinking that this was well deserved....

A little bit of history might be in order: If you look at photograph archives you will see that women and children attended lynchings and were often proud to be photographed doing so. So what sort of child abuse is it to have a child present at an initiation ceremony?

Perhaps this thread should be merged with the thread concerning the UK pedophile who was beaten to death. It would make a very interesting juxtaposition: you people seem to greatly favor mob violence in that situation and yet oppose it vehemently when it comes to a fine, patriotic organization such as the KKK. Have any of you actually read the charter and membership oath? Are you really opposed to 'Lynch Law'? Well, the city of Lynchburg is named after Lynch's brother, not Lynch, but I think this nation has never really opposed the imposition of Frontier Justice, Mining Law, The Regulators or the Ku Klux Klan.

Originally posted by Toth
you people seem to greatly favor mob violence in that situation and yet oppose it vehemently when it comes to a fine, patriotic organization such as the KKK.

'you people', as in whom?

I certainly do not favour mob violence.

But I do feel a certain sense of justice when a group of bigots end up hurting one of their own rather than someone else.

Perhaps this thread should be merged with the thread concerning the UK pedophile who was beaten to death. It would make a very interesting juxtaposition: you people seem to greatly favor mob violence in that situation and yet oppose it vehemently when it comes to a fine, patriotic organization such as the KKK. Have any of you actually read the charter and membership oath? Are you really opposed to 'Lynch Law'? Well, the city of Lynchburg is named after Lynch's brother, not Lynch, but I think this nation has never really opposed the imposition of Frontier Justice, Mining Law, The Regulators or the Ku Klux Klan.

Hurt a child, pay a BIG price, bottom line, PERIOD. No sympathy from me, no patience, NO SECOND CHANCES for child predators and abusers!!

Perhaps this thread should be merged with the thread concerning the UK pedophile who was beaten to death.
I'd be laughing at anyone who was stupid enough to fire a bullet straight up in the air and not duck under three inches of steel. Also at anyone stupid enough to allow themselves to be blindfolded, tied to a tree, and shot with paintballs. I just like to laugh at what I consider appropriate natural law for stupid people.

Originally posted by Ghostwheel
I just like to laugh at what I consider appropriate natural law for stupid people.
Perhaps you can indeed nominate this guy for a Darwin Award (runner-up). Alot of people fire guns into the air at New Years or Halloween, often with similar results.

I think the man who discharged the pistol carelessly was a fool, but I see nothing wrong with the event or its participants.

Perhaps you can indeed nominate this guy for a Darwin Award (runner-up). Alot of people fire guns into the air at New Years or Halloween, often with similar results.

I think the man who discharged the pistol carelessly was a fool, but I see nothing wrong with the event or its participants.

As much as I hate to admit it, I support their right to free speech and assembly as well. I don't agree with some of their opinions, but they have a right to them.

BTW Toth, my apology to you for calling you an ahole. I guess I was having a bad day.:dontknow:

"...As much as I hate to admit it, I support their right to free speech and assembly as well. I don't agree with some of their opinions, but they have a right to them. ... "
Well, you could say that about the Girl Scouts too. What are your views on the role the KKK played in American politics and justice? Do you think there was anything wrong with women and children being proud to have attended a lynching?

"...BTW Toth, my apology to you for calling you an ahole. I guess I was having a bad day. ... " Been called worse.

"...As much as I hate to admit it, I support their right to free speech and assembly as well. I don't agree with some of their opinions, but they have a right to them. ... "
Well, you could say that about the Girl Scouts too. What are your views on the role the KKK played in American politics and justice? Do you think there was anything wrong with women and children being proud to have attended a lynching?

"...BTW Toth, my apology to you for calling you an ahole. I guess I was having a bad day. ... " Been called worse.

Yeah, something tells me that you have.
I have no views on the role the KKK played in American politics. Too dark a subject for me to dwell on. I have no experiences whatever with the KKK. And yes, I do think there's something wrong with anyone being "proud" to watch a lynching.

Or even worse being proud to let your children watch such a thing.
Fine they can have there opinions but to propogate murder is wrong whatever the sex or age of the people involved.

BTW the girlscouts don't encourage members to kill others.

Originally posted by rozzy
How incredibly sad that these ignorant people bring their children. They should have been arrested for child abuse. Although not exactly physically abusing...they are obviously raising their kids to be bigots. I think that should be against the law. Those kids are most likely to grow up to be racist *advertiser censored**holes.

I agree with you 100% Rozzy. My first thought when reading the opening thread comment was not "Oh my goodness, how terrible for that guy," but "WHAT THE HECK ARE CHILDREN DOING AT SOMETHING LIKE THIS."

When archives show photos of over fifty or sixty women at the scene of a lynching and dozens of children, it is hard to think that anyone thought it improper for women and their kids to attend one.

Now we have some questions about whether children should be at such things as boxing matches or pit-bull fights. Times change...not necessarily for the better.

When archives show photos of over fifty or sixty women at the scene of a lynching and dozens of children, it is hard to think that anyone thought it improper for women and their kids to attend one.

Now we have some questions about whether children should be at such things as boxing matches or pit-bull fights. Times change...not necessarily for the better.

Toth- I know you are trolling for a reaction, no-one could surely admit to being such an imbecile for no reason. So I shall humour you.

Children should not be present at boxing matches, or pit-bull fights (are those legal in your state/country?)

Your stupidity shows in the first sentence. "When archives show photos of over fifty or sixty women at the scene of a lynching and dozens of children, it is hard to think that anyone thought it improper for women and their kids to attend one." Do you really think that the pictures were taken by some random journalist? The pictures were taken BY bigots (by invitation only) FOR bigots...you think a snapshot taken of 60 or so people at one moment in time is representative of the whole population? You really need to work on those thought processes.

>I know you are trolling for a reaction,
Not at all.

>Children should not be present at boxing matches, or pit-bull
>fights (are those legal in your state/country?)
I would think it rather obvious that I was not referring to legal events.

>The pictures were taken BY bigots (by invitation only) FOR
>bigots...you think a snapshot taken of 60 or so people at one
>moment in time is representative of the whole population?
I was referring to newspaper and historical society archives.
Sixty people was highly representative of the small towns where Klansmen and Klanwomen were most powerful.

I was referring to newspaper and historical society archives.
Sixty people was highly representative of the small towns where Klansmen and Klanwomen were most powerful.
That would be true, but as is also known about history, like minded people tended to clump together. If you were not like minded, you were ostracized, and socially forced out.

Logically, therefore, anyone in that community would not have found it improper. However, anyone in another community could well have found it reprehensible. But you won't see pictures of anyone saying that because Hey! they weren't in the "kill the black people" community, and didn't know it happened until much later, when they finally got the news (No Internet, you know. Even in the 70's, what happened in Podunk, Alabama was not known in Podunk, California, unless you subscribed to their newspaper.) That's when you start finding the written articles about how this kind of behavior is unacceptable in civilized society. ( I can find some for you if you need them).

In any group or culture, there is nothing wrong with what they do because it is ingrained in their culture. That doesn't make it acceptable to everyone, or even to the majority.

fifi-
You oughtn't to call Toth stupid, BTW. Toth is not stupid. Obnoxious, sure, but we must be tolerant of our inferiors. :D

It's a joke, guys.

Ghostwheel, you are right, I apologize for calling for Toth 'stupid'.

May I be permitted to call the bigot a 'tothpot'...jeez this lithp comes and goes.......

GhostWheel, I would tend to agree with a good deal of your post. Everytime the NACP, forerunner to NAACP, learned of a lynching they hung a black flag from their headquarters in NYC that said simply 'a man died today'.

In the local communities, it was very much a part of being a responsible citizen and upholding "community values". This country has a long tradition of promptly dispensing justice without recourse to formal courts. For much of its history, such things worked very well. Sure, they often worked against the poor and the disfavored more than against the rich, but that does not make them necessarily evil, just imperfect.

We praise the "Mountain Men" but gloss over the inconvenient parts about "liver eating" and having a burlap-wrapped human leg on a pack--horse. We sing songs of praise about Lord Jeffrey Amherst, but gloss over the smallbox infected blankets given to the Indians and the use of dogs set against Indian villages. And we routinely condemn lynchings without making a valid inquiry into their legitimacy and beneficial effects.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back