Identified! GA - Cherokee Co., Female body in Lake Allatoona, Aug'14 - Sheila Carlotta

gngr~snap

Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia
Reaction score
This is bothersome...A woman with red hair and mutiple tattoos was found by a boater in Lake Allatoona, just before noon near the Kellogg Creek bridge in Cherokee County.

There are no reports of a woman fitiing this description missing in the area.
Police are trying to find her identity.
Autopsy not scheduled until Tuesday.

"Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found in Allatoona Lake."

"Well at this point I don't want to speak about any trauma to the body. *We're going to let the crime lab do a better analysis of the body and we'll go from there," said Baker."
http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/body-found-lake-allatoona/nhCxH/

All posts are MOO

It is odd that no one reported her missing. Did they just leave without her? I am concerned that there is foul play, especially since police won't comment on whether she had injuries.

"Sunday night, authorities identified the woman as Sheila Ann Carlotta, 33, of Marietta."

"Detectives said Carlotta's family and friends told them she was swimming in the area Saturday."

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/body-found-lake-allatoona/nhCxH/

All posts are MOO

I am not sure it has been solved. This makes no sense. It's a tiny little beach. A day use area. If she swam there Saturday did she drive herself? A car left there would be towed. No one reported her missing. Someone could easily toss her off the bridge... I guess the autopsy on Tuesday will give them more information.
0ee2ccd87ef7dd70008a9b8ac021b6ad.jpg

All posts are MOO

This is crazy? :thinking:
I live very close. This is not a popular place to go swim at all. Maybe as a last choice with a few kids... Most campgrounds have thier own beaches similar to this. So a camper would not really go here...
Something isn't adding up. She lived about 20miles away in Marietta. That swim area closes at dark.
That area around the bridge and the boat ramp is VERY dark at night.
I hope there was no foul play.
If her friends and family knew she was swimming there Saturday why didn't anyone miss her for 15-20 hours? It gets dark about 8 pm. What about dinner? there is no place to get food there. Most people clear out before dinner time.
She was found at 11:50 am!

Park officially closed yesterday.
And they do close at 5:00 pm... So from 5:00pm-11:50am where was her transportation to that area to swim?
http://www.volunteer.gov/results.cfm?ID=13993
Beach gates are open four days a week and holidays. During the period of May 10 through September 1, park hosts if on duty on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays will operate the gatehouse from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

All posts are MOO

This is such a bizarre story with not enough info :thinking:

Did she go by herself? Did she drive? Was her car found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back