GUILTY MS - Katelyn Beard, 17, Jackson, 31 August 2014

I am not seeing where it says she was shot? Reports of a shooting, but does not say who, if anyone, was shot. The article seems to be poorly written imo.

In the comments there is fury that it took so long to get an amber alert out. Praying for her, wish we had more info

Amber Alert issued for teen shot and abducted

26416889_BG3.JPG

Katelyn Beard

26416889_BG4.JPG

Dewayne Thompson

26416889_BG5.JPG

2009 gray or silver Nissan Altima authorities are searching for with Greene County license plate GRF 293

They have have edited the article, but the headline says she was shot and abducted.

Authorities said when they responded to a shooting at 4244 Lynda Street Sunday just before 7a.m. Sunday they learned 17-year-old Katelyn Beard had been shot.

Evidence inside the home led them to this conclusion.

They are now searching for 19-year-old Dewayne Thompson, who they believe shot Beard, fled the scene and has Beard with him, according to a press release from Jackson Police.

Police said Beard is seriously injured and is in need of medical attention.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/26414387/jackson-police-searching-for-shooting-suspect

Did they have a vehicle and suspect description earlier?

I hope so too. I've gone to bed twice so far, and keep getting back up to see if she's been located, and if she's safe.

Where is this girls parents? At 17 ..... juicy tattoo and very inappropriate pictures on a public facebook. Drug pictures too. Somebody needs to save this girl. She is on the wrong road. Poor thing. Hurts my heart. I hope she is ok.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...-shot-on-lynda-st-in-jackson/27813360#!bNKEdP

Police said they believe Dewayne Thompson kidnapped 17-year-old Katelyn Beard. Police said they are searching for Thompson in connection with the early morning shooting and kidnapping on Lynda Street.

“There are indicators inside the residence that the blood and other evidence indicated that a shooting did take place and possibly with this victim,” said Colendula Green of Jackson police.

http://www.wjtv.com/story/26414991/suspect-in-shootingkidnapping-of-17-year-old-idd-by-jpd

Dewayne Thompson is wanted by police for aggravated assault, kidnapping, and auto theft. He is considered armed and dangerous.

Police say they consider the victim, 17-year-old Katelyn Beard, to be seriously injured.

oh dear this sounds worse every hour. If he killed her i hope he is found and they throw away the key

I also live in MS and thought it was strange that the alert didn't go out until late last night. There were no details and it just said to check local media but local media didn't have anything either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye, JMO from my local perspective. There is a reason they took so long to issue the AA. I'm not sure what it is, but this is just my instinct. It appears that she is not originally from the Jackson area and possibly moved here from further south (the coastal region). I would like to know if she moved with parents or without. I would also like to know if the car with the Greene County tag is her car or the perp's.

We were getting the AA emergency alerts on our phones last night about every 30 minutes. As I understand it, so were friends of mine who live much further south of here.

I wish I could remember the name, but just a couple of months ago there was a similar looking girl who was reported as missing/endangered in Jackson. She was not from the area, but had been spotted at a local hotel (can't remember if it was by friend or family), but they said she was not there willingly. They felt she was being controlled. I'm not saying it's the same girl, but it did immediately come to mind when it first showed up. It makes me shudder to think about what might be going on here. These kids come up from rural areas and don't realize what they are really getting mixed up in. I'm wondering if she might have been trying to get away (escape) from something very bad. JMO

I wondered about some of the same things. Her name was familiar, and I wondered if she had been missing before, but didn't find anything in my (very short) search. I was so hoping to hear that she had been found when I got up this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back