GUILTY IN - Dominique Allen, 15, found dead, burned behind Indy home, 31 Aug 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.wbiw.com/state/archive/2...5-year-old-found-behind-indianapolis-home.php

The unidentified female body was found by an uninvolved homeowner who was walking his dog in the 1100 block of Elder Avenue. Police sent the body to the Marion County Coroner's Office for identification.

Police identified the body Monday afternoon as a 15-year-old girl, although a name will not be released until after Tuesday's autopsy. She was a Ben Davis student.

Detectives do not believe the victim was killed at the location she was found, but killed elsewhere and brought to the location where she was found.

6c97b1f8-8909-4b13-8c52-70c5ec484147_zpse73f21c8.jpg

http://www.wthr.com/story/26416654/2014/08/31/burned-body-found-behind-indianapolis-home

The coroner identified the victim Tuesday as Dominique Allen. Police had previously said Allen was a student at Ben Davis High School...

Investigators found personal effects, including sandals and a purse, belonging to the girl near 10th & Lynn on the near west side Tuesday morning.

The coroner ruled Allen's death a homicide by asphyxiation.

Dominique's FB: https://www.facebook.com/dominique.allen.121

egad, a good friend is a teacher at Ben Davis, i'll see if he knew the girl and report back.

Poor girl, this is just horrific. I feel very much for her family. :(

Dominique's FB no longer available.

RIP Dominique! I hope justice for you is swift and harsh!

http://www.wbtw.com/story/26428574/police-slaying-of-teen-whose-body-burned-random

A 15-year-old Indianapolis girl whose burned body was found over the weekend was likely abducted and killed by someone she didn't know, police and family members said Tuesday...

Poindexter said her sister wasn't the type to talk to strangers or get in a car with someone she didn't know. The victim had been staying with another sister, Mareeka Allen, and was last seen on the sister's porch about 4 a.m. Sunday.

Mareeka Allen said the crime was a "careless random act," and a detective investigating the case agreed. "At this time, we believe it was random," Indianapolis Metro Police Detective Marcus Kennedy said, adding that Dominique Allen was dead before her body was burned.

5d7847657335de4de1477a7d7bdbc211.jpg

The brutality of this crime speaks of incredible rage - IMVHO. The pain her family is experiencing right now is unimaginable. I can only empathize with their grief, as I lost my own cousin in the wee hours of this morning from illness.

I hope they are able to find answers quickly. Whoever did this must face justice for such a heinous crime.

:rose:

Image via:
http://fox59.com/2014/09/01/police-...rd-of-indianapolis-home-was-15-year-old-girl/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been trying to piece all this together today. I am so sad for her family. The area this all took place in is called Haughville. It's a working class neighborhood on the west side of Indianapolis. There are lots of abandoned houses in the area. News report I read said that the family and authorities believe this was a random act by a stranger. They did find her purse and sandals about a block from where her body was found. If a stranger takes you off your sister's porch at 4-4:30 in the morning, would you have a chance to grab your purse? Yes she left her cell phone inside. I guess that's why they think whoever took her, she didn't know as she wouldn't have left her phone. Family says she would not willingly get in a car with a stranger. IMHO it was someone from the Haughville area, that was comfortable enough and had knowledge about how many homes in the area are abandoned. There is another aspect of this that is on Dominique's friends Facebook posts that her best friend is missing. The authorities have not released this information. That has me pretty upset too. Some Facebook posts read her friend was with her at the time of her disappearance. Which if is true then they must have been on the porch together when whatever happened took place. Authorities are not saying a whole lot in an organized news reports. I am getting bits and pieces from different sources. I hope that is a good sign, that LE has a pretty good idea who did this. I hope that the lack of information is in hope that it will take the heat off so they can find the other girl. Earlier today, Dominique's Facebook was open. It's gone now but I started to learn about her. She lost her mom 2 years ago. This hurt her really bad. She also lost a friend James I think in 2013. He was shot on a playground. He was 16. This really bothered her too. Her poor father, bless his heart, said he retired so he could take care of her. Her sister's were very close to her and I'm sure felt like mother figures to her as there is an age difference. I am also horrified for the man that found her body. Imagine walking your dog around the house and find this?! He said that she was tied up with a bag over her head. That's something else LE didn't say. I'm not dissing LE in all this, I just want answers, a timeline. I know they are working on all this with great effort.

A bag over her head is a very calculated thing to do.. as opposed to the type of murder done in a true fit of rage - usually blunt object, manual strangulation, kitchen knife, things lying around within reach. A bag over the head says to me it could likely be a sexually motivated crime, possibly a planned one.

How awful :(

I wonder how certain they can be that a random stranger did this?

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/02/family-and-friends-search-for-missing-girl/

Her friend is missing too??

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Hours after Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department released the name of a 15-year-old Ben Davis High School student found badly burned and murdered, 24-Hour News 8 is learning police are investigating the disappearance of the girl’s friend who’s missing.

The mother of 16-year-old Karensha Phelps release a picture of her. The girl’s mother said that her daughter and Dominique were best friends and were always together. Both of them were last seen together Friday. Now, Phelps is no where to be found.

Under the circumstances it seems pretty odd they'd say they don't think she's in danger.

I completely agree! The two girls were together that weekend, and Karensha has not been seen since!

This is getting worse and I hadn't thought this was possible.

:notgood:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snipped

The brutality of this crime speaks of incredible rage - IMVHO. The pain her family is experiencing right now is unimaginable. I can only empathize with their grief, as I lost my own cousin in the wee hours of this morning from illness.

I hope they are able to find answers quickly. Whoever did this must face justice for such a heinous crime.

:rose:

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a loved one. ((My sympathies to you.))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back