Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
1409778997000-isabella.jpg

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/laug...cle_fedcae46-32df-11e4-ae32-0019bb2963f4.html

On Tuesday, September 2nd at approximately 1:30 a.m., police were called to the 2400 block of Lakeside Drive. The residents there reported that 8-year-old Isabella Neveah Grogan-Cannella was not in her bed or anywhere in the residence.

Police have been canvassing the neighborhood since early this morning and are still conducting numerous interviews.

http://www.azinews.com/2014/09/02/police-searching-for-missing-girl/

Isabella is around 4'8" tall, approximately 80 to 90 lbs. with shoulder length dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a green ruffled sparkly tank top and dark colored shorts. She is also possibly barefoot.

AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella Media Links, Timeline, and Images ***NO DISCUSSION***

aww no. Here we go again with a child not being in her bed when checked on. :cry:

aww no. Here we go again with a child not being in her bed when checked on. :cry:

Although a slightly positive change in that it HAS to be a shorter timeline since she was last seen if she was noticed missing at 1:30 am and not last seen at 1:30 am and then it not being reported until morning when people got up like so many lately.

Wonder what time she went to bed?

And when she had last been seen prior? (If she was checked on at 1:30, perhaps she'd been checked on prior)

And if she shared a room with siblings?

And if today was the first day of school for her? (As maybe a little one could be anxious and think they'd hide? Or be really excited and try to make their way early?)

Not again :( praying this girl is brought home safely

It was 109 degrees in Bullhead City today. :(

Admittedly a little perplexed about this though...

She was last seen wearing a green ruffled sparkly tank top and dark colored shorts. She is also possibly barefoot.

Since she was apparently last seen in bed (since that's where she was noted as missing from, and then also not found elsewhere in the residence) a green ruffled sparkly tank top doesn't seem like a comfortable thing to sleep in. :thinking:

Although I know many friends have walked into the rooms of their kids in the morning of an exciting day (birthday, holiday, first day of school, etc.) and found their child(ren) had been excited about the day and had woken up and dressed themselves and went back to bed in the outfit laid out for the next day.

But this doesn't sound like that (as in they found that laid out clothing was missing) - as it seems to be what she had actually been wearing.

Plus, wouldn't barefoot seem like a "duh" if she was last in bed?

I mean socks maybe, but that along with the clothing makes me wonder if she wasn't actually last seen in bed...?

And barefoot or not seems like the thing that would likely be easiest to determine based on things in the house (or not in the house) - as most have far fewer shoes than clothing options. Surely they can tell if a pair of shoes (or slippers) are missing, no?

Definitely an area where them having been able to use the helicopter would be more easily efficient than in other places.

Two of the four sides (basically) are almost entirely open space and not forested, dense brush, or even dense housing areas like in so many other areas.

Plus, the areas there is brush or any degree of landscaping in yards, even, tends to be things that aren't as stereo-typically brush-y but things that are less dense and/or almost impossible to hide in (cacti, ice plant type stuff, or thorny) meaning she'd be easily seen and/or harder to be concealed if someone had done something to her.

Of course unlike in other areas, though, heat sensors would be far less effective than in other places. It's been interesting listening to SAR or even just police and SO copters on the scanner here where I am in summer compared to other times of year.

It having been a holiday weekend and the Colorado River often being a typical destination spot for summer, never mind also a holiday weekend (and the last 'real' one of the summer) there could have been a number of people in the area who weren't locals.

That seems less likely to have been an issue given she was apparently last seen at night, and you'd think folks would have long been back home or en route there, but...given the location and the holiday weekend, probably worth mentioning.

Admittedly a little perplexed about this though...

Since she was apparently last seen in bed (since that's where she was noted as missing from, and then also not found elsewhere in the residence) a green ruffled sparkly tank top doesn't seem like a comfortable thing to sleep in. :thinking:

Although I know many friends have walked into the rooms of their kids in the morning of an exciting day (birthday, holiday, first day of school, etc.) and found their child(ren) had been excited about the day and had woken up and dressed themselves and went back to bed in the outfit laid out for the next day.

But this doesn't sound like that (as in they found that laid out clothing was missing) - as it seems to be what she had actually been wearing.

Plus, wouldn't barefoot seem like a "duh" if she was last in bed?

I mean socks maybe, but that along with the clothing makes me wonder if she wasn't actually last seen in bed...?

And barefoot or not seems like the thing that would likely be easiest to determine based on things in the house (or not in the house) - as most have far fewer shoes than clothing options. Surely they can tell if a pair of shoes (or slippers) are missing, no?

Maybe the clothes she was wearing before she went to bed are gone.

Maybe the clothes she was wearing before she went to bed are gone.

Maybe.

I guess I'd expect them to have said those were the clothes that were missing then.

And not actually say that was what she was last seen wearing.

If she were in bed I'd think it'd have been more likely she was last actually wearing pajamas.

And if she really had been in bed (as it seems to indicate - and as you'd hope was the case given it was sometime before 1:30 am when she went missing apparently...and surely an 8 year old was in bed by then!) and changed out of PJs into other clothes (that were what was laid out for the morning OR what she'd been wearing the day prior) that that would significant.

The only reason I'm hung up on it possibly be significant wording wise is whether or not that may change what we find out could be significant in the timeline / when she was actually last seen / by whom / etc.

If she HAD been in PJs but the other clothes (that perhaps she'd been wearing the day before) were missing, then I'd be more inclined to think she got dressed in her clothes herself and may have wandered out (like I said, maybe being excited about school or something)

If she'd gone missing in PJ's, I'd think it might up the odds of her possibly having been snatched (although still could see a child wandering out perhaps in PJs, but that'd seem less 'intentional' in my mind - like maybe really more wandering, not perhaps purposeful 'outing' of an overly excited child or something)

But if she was really last seen in those clothes (especially since it's not like it was a comfy t-shirt type thing that it'd seem likely to double as sleepwear) it makes me more curious what time she was actually last seen and by whom, etc.

Because if she had been put to bed, I'd think she would be in PJs or at least something that would more likely at least possibly double as them.

She was last seen wearing a green ruffled sparkly tank top and dark colored shorts

I agree that the description of the shirt doesn't scream pajamas to me. However, there are many styles of 'cutesy' pajamas for girls that when described may not sound very pajama like. As long as it is soft, many kids shirts will work for a pajama shirt-- even if not originally sold for the purpose of wearing to bed.

IDK, hoping to get clarification on some of these details!

Yesterday was holiday...maybe they had been up late and she fell asleep in her clothes? Family party? Fire works? My kids wear pjs 99% of the time, but I could see leaving them alone if we had been up really late and they crashed either in the car or on the sofa and I just carried them in to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie