OR OR - Robert, 61, & Frieda Wheatley, 69, Portland, 27 August 1988

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
35ff90a4-894c-4c2e-af6a-7b96c30bb8e9_zpsbb6a2722.jpg

http://koin.com/2014/08/29/cold-case-grandparents-found-dead-26-years-ago/

When police walked into Robert and Frieda Wheatley’s home on Aug. 29, 1988, they discovered two bodies inside the basement. The medical examiner determined Robert, 61, and Frieda, 69, were murdered. Both had been strangled, police said. The case remains unsolved...

A TV, ATM card, credit card and the Wheatley’s light-green 1979 Buick Regal were stolen, police said. There was no sign of forced entry. The credit and debt card were used extensively in northeast, north and downtown Portland prior to the Wheatley’s bodies being discovered, police said. Officers eventually located the Buick a few days later on Jantzen Beach.

http://www.kptv.com/story/16900743/cold-case-killers-robbed-strangled-retired-couple

Robert and Frieda Wheatley were a quiet, retired couple. In 1988, they were trying to sell their north Portland home. Portland police cold case investigators said the Wheatleys were murdered by a killer or killers posing as prospective buyers...

"(Someone) indicated he was interested in purchasing the house and would pay full cash. The name that was used (was) the name of an actual individual of a local university who had his identification stolen from his car," said retired detective George Young, who recently reviewed the case...

Police do have some forensic evidence that may be re-tested with new technology, but investigators said they're convinced that someone in the community knows who killed the Wheatleys.

The attached story doesn't specify but has it been made public where, exactly, the victims' credit cards were used and/or what they were used to purchase? Such information would go a long way toward giving any idea as to what the killer(s) was/were like.

I have several leads related to this case that I would like to talk to. Many family members, law enforcement, etc. This is for an upcoming podcast. Please DM me if you are a relative, former neighbor or friend, reporter or LE that is familiar with this case. I am being cagey here because as far as I can tell, my research and contacts are old leads that were never interviewed. There are major inconsistencies between what media has published (newspapers, podcasts, TV, radio) and what I have found in my research.

If you have the contact information for anyone related to this case, please reach out. Many of the phone numbers I have are ancient.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back