WV WV - Samantha Burns, 19, West Hamlin, 11 Nov 2002 *B. Bashem guilty*

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Kentucky man who grew up in West Virginia pleaded guilty on Thursday to carjacking resulting in death in the disappearance of a Marshall University student during a multistate crime spree in 2002.

Chadrick Fulks, 28, of Lewisburg, Ky., entered the plea in U.S. District Court in Huntington. In exchange, prosecutors did not seek the death penalty. U.S. District Judge Chuck Chambers sentenced Fulks to life in prison. There is no parole in the federal system.

U.S. Attorney Kasey Warner said prosecutors have reached the same plea deal with Branden Basham, 25, of Madisonville, Ky. A plea hearing for Basham has not been scheduled.

Fulks, a native of West Hamlin, and Basham were charged in the disappearance of 19-year-old Samantha Burns, also of West Hamlin.

Both men were convicted and sentenced to death last year in separate federal trials in South Carolina in the death of Alice Donovan, 44, of Galivants Ferry, S.C. Donovan was kidnapped from a Wal-Mart parking lot in Conway, S.C., on Nov. 14, 2002, 10 days after Fulks and Basham escaped. Her body also has never been found.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/12027559.htm

I wish these two scum buckets would tell the familes where the bodies are. No deal shoudl have been made, unless they agreed to that. I feel sad for the familes involved.

lisag said:
I wish these two scum buckets would tell the familes where the bodies are. No deal shoudl have been made, unless they agreed to that. I feel sad for the familes involved.
I agree.

Hunt for slain W.Va. student frustrates searchers

Volunteers plan to resume searching Tuesday for a Marshall University student's remains, but they are losing faith because they have scoured a lot of the area and maps provided by the woman's killer don't match the landscape.

Monica Caison, founder of Community United Effort - Center for Missing Persons, said she and about nine others plan to resume their search for Samantha Burns' body, but if it proves futile, they may give up.

"I'm very frustrated," Caison said. "If there's anything human out here we would have found something by now."

U.S. court upholds death sentence in Alice Donovan slaying
Community United Effort
Searchers have scoured 12 miles of land from Kenova to Lavalette in southwestern West Virginia, combing some areas more than once, Caison said. They started in early March and resumed their dawn-to-dusk efforts Friday.

"We have dug holes. We have dug up ditch banks, ravines. We've run multiple dogs. We've had people on their hands and knees sifting through dirt, but nine days and nothing," she said.

Two maps convicted killer Chadrick Fulks provided authorities do not match the layout of the land, she said. They've concentrated most of their efforts near railroad tracks along State Route 75 where Fulks said they would find Burns' remains.

"I'm losing faith in him," she said. "He is wasting a lot of our time and resources."

Fulks and Brandon Basham await execution after being convicted of killing the 19-year-old Burns and 44-year-old Alice Donovan of Galivants Ferry during a two-week, 2,300-mile crime spree that started after they escaped from a Kentucky jail in November 2002.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/841968.html

I can barely stand to think about what this cretin did to this poor girl. Senseless...and unchangeable.....she was such an accomplished young lady with a lifetime full of promise awaiting her -- and her life was snuffed out --

why?

And it never ends........

http://www.wvmetronews.com/index.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=38932

08/25/2010
Still Searching for Samantha
Staff
West Hamlin

She's been missing for nearly 8 years. Two men have been convicted of her death. But the body of Marshall co-ed Samantha Burns has yet to be recovered.

Wednesday night family, friends and members of the CUE Center for Missing Persons will gather in West Hamlin, Burns' hometown, for a rally in her honor.

March 27, 2013

Police search near Wayne for body of missing Marshall student

By Staff reports

WAYNE, W.Va. -- West Virginia State Police troopers and FBI agents are searching a Wayne County roadside for the body of a 19-year-old Marshall University student who was kidnapped more than a decade ago.

Authorities are searching a wooded area off Buffalo Creek Road in Wayne for the body of Samantha Burns, a State Police dispatcher said.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201303270127

I hope they find her. She has been missing for way too long.

One of Samantha's killers was briefly let out of prison during the search earlier this year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2452726/Chadrick-Fulks-Death-row-inmate-returns-spot-murdered-teenage-girl-help-FBI.html

The two-page order signed by U.S. District Judge Robert C. Chambers in Huntington, allowed the FBI to take custody of Fulks for 18 hours between March 25 and April 12.

It was unclear how close authorities were to finding any remains on Wednesday or what became of the search in March.

Investigators conducted a search for Samantha's remains near railway tracks and an intersection near West Virginia 75. It's a rural area near where Kentucky, West Virginia and Ohio meet.

There is a guy on Facebook from West Virginia that is claiming his wife was involved in the murder of Samantha Burns. His name is Jimmy hysell and he's made a lot of post and a live video. Police are supposed to be digging on his property right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back