Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
1409778997000-isabella.jpg

Isabella Neveah Grogan-Cannella

Isabella Grogan-Cannella: Staring at monsters
William Pitts, 12 News azcentral.com
6:14 a.m. MST September 5, 2014

[...]

Isabella Grogan-Cannella was buried here. She'd been missing for days and the Bullhead City Police Department had gotten help from almost every agency you can think of: FBI, county sheriffs, even the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. They'd all searched the neighborhood, neighbors searched their own small backyards. There'd been no signs of forced entry, no sign of struggle. Isabella's sister had been home and never heard a thing. She'd gone to the bathroom and when she came back -- Bella was gone. So was her mom's friend Justin Rector.
'Family Friend' Arrested for Murder of Arizona Girl Isabella Grogan-Cannella
First published September 4th 2014, 12:50 pm
NBC News

Early Thursday morning, Justin James Rector, 26, of Bullhead City, was arrested for kidnapping and first-degree murder, Bullhead City Police said.

On Wednesday, a shallow grave was discovered by a tracking unit with the Mohave County Search and Rescue Team near Chaparral and Newberry Drive in Bullhead City, which is close to Grogan-Cannella's home. The body has since been identified as the girl's, police said.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/laug...cle_fedcae46-32df-11e4-ae32-0019bb2963f4.html
On Tuesday, September 2nd at approximately 1:30 a.m., police were called to the 2400 block of Lakeside Drive. The residents there reported that 8-year-old Isabella Neveah Grogan-Cannella was not in her bed or anywhere in the residence. Police have been canvassing the neighborhood since early this morning and are still conducting numerous interviews.

http://www.azinews.com/2014/09/02/police-searching-for-missing-girl/
Isabella is around 4'8" tall, approximately 80 to 90 lbs. with shoulder length dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a green ruffled sparkly tank top and dark colored shorts. She is also possibly barefoot.

AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella Media Links, Timeline, and Images ***NO DISCUSSION***

Thread #1

Thread #2

I was JUST thinking I wonder when another thread is coming . Lol .... Literally 1 minute ago

I thought the autopsy results stated she wasn't sexually assaulted.

They did say that. I'm going to get a bit graphic but I don't think it is always so easy to tell if rape occurred. Sometimes it can happen without trauma or DNA evidence.

They did say that. I'm going to get a bit graphic but I don't think it is always so easy to tell if rape occurred. Sometimes it can happen without trauma or DNA evidence.

Did the ME ever file that she wasn't a victim of SA or was that still under investigation? I'm only asking because that was dodged at the PC and I haven't heard anything else either way, since then.

Two things have been on my mind all day. The first was probably thought and talked about by multitudes of people already, but I may be able to make sense of it more after I post it, in my own head.

1. What if and this is only a what if, as nothing that I am aware of points to it...TG and/or RF owed money to someone, supplier, perhaps, and JJR was told that he was to be the so-called "enforcer" and do away with little Bella in lieu of payment and if he didn't, his fate would be what he was supposed to do with her. Either him or her, if you will. What could he do, go to the cops? It could possibly explain him saying he couldn't talk about what he did, when he was arrested.
and

2. I hope people have enough respect for Bella to leave her pathetic mother alone during the memorials and funeral.

Did the ME ever file that she wasn't a victim of SA or was that still under investigation? I'm only asking because that was dodged at the PC and I haven't heard anything else either way, since then.

Nothing's been released yet. Last official statement said it was still under investigation.

I wish I could find the MSM report about the autopsy.

This article was updated today:

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...cle_fecbff34-3455-11e4-877f-001a4bcf887a.html

Snip:

"Formal charges were filed Monday in the death of Isabella Grogan-Cannella..."

Snip:

"The criminal complaint, filed by Deputy County Attorney Gregory McPhillips, charges Justin James Rector, 26, with First Degree Murder, a class 1 felony, and Kidnapping, a class 2 felony. No sexual assault charge was filed."

Two things have been on my mind all day. The first was probably thought and talked about by multitudes of people already, but I may be able to make sense of it more after I post it, in my own head.

1. What if and this is only a what if, as nothing that I am aware of points to it...TG and/or RF owed money to someone, supplier, perhaps, and JJR was told that he was to be the so-called "enforcer" and do away with little Bella in lieu of payment and if he didn't, his fate would be what he was supposed to do with her. Either him or her, if you will. What could he do, go to the cops? It could possibly explain him saying he couldn't talk about what he did, when he was arrested.
and

2. I hope people have enough respect for Bella to leave her pathetic mother alone during the memorials and funeral.

Let's just say you are not the only one who has come up with this theory .

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...cle_fecbff34-3455-11e4-877f-001a4bcf887a.html

Snip:

Snip:

"The criminal complaint, filed by Deputy County Attorney Gregory McPhillips, charges Justin James Rector, 26, with First Degree Murder, a class 1 felony, and Kidnapping, a class 2 felony. No sexual assault charge was filed."
Nothing about when the autopsy, specifically, time of death will be released?

Personally, the time of death is one of the most important pieces of information needed to determine complicity on the part of the parents.

Maybe it's time to rethink the motivation for this murder. With no sexual assault charges being filed, and the autopsy completed, then one would have to think that the motivation was not sexual. No question JR is demented, a drug addict and all around sick individual but he's not a rapist as far as we know based on the charges.

So now, we go back to the drugs, money, extortion perhaps, and whatever else was going on in that house.

No matter what, I can't imagine kidnapping a child, and killing them over something that had nothing to do with the child. It was all about getting back at the mother for something? The family? The step dad?

What's the motive?

I believe that everyone living in that house, friends and family know the motive.

We're not done yet.

I tend to think it is much more simplistic than that.

I believe that there was active drug use in the home that evening when a dispute ensued between JJR and TG/RF over money for the drugs owed when they ran out. That would explain the late night outing, the lack of honesty when LE asked about possible scenarios for the victims whereabouts, and the messages between the suspect and mother. I have a feeling JJR 'snapped' and sadly, this is the result. Perhaps the suspect never set out to murder Bella, but drugs, anger and greed prevailed.

I don't see these people involved in a deeper conspiracy, but rather a drug dispute gone wrong.

Snip:

Snip:

There was a case I followed here, missing girl, Jackson, Ohio (no name, a child who survived her abduction and sexual assault). She was abducted from her front porch late at night by a 'friend' of the family's. She was found naked and banged up miles away the next day.

Dude was arrested and charged right away for the kidnapping and felonious assault. (He had left her for dead, thankfully, he did a bad job on the dead part.)

The sexual assault aspect was up in the air just like in this case. It took at least a few weeks for them to come back and add sexual assault of a child, but they did.

The case has still not gone to trial, so I don't know what the hold up was on the sexual assault charge. The family was not quiet on Facebook and they were outright saying she was raped long before the charges came. But the prosecution did wait on adding them.

I hate that this happened to Bella, and I'd hate it even more if I found out she was raped prior to being strangled. And I hate contemplating this.

But what if there was evidence to sexual assault and preliminary tests showed more than one male DNA sample? You'd hold off charging on the sexual assault then until you knew who the DNA belonged to, correct?

Yikes, I hope it's not that.

If she was out in the desert heat for two days, I wonder if that would affect the sexual assault determination.

ETA: It was actually TWO MONTHS from when he (Zach Dunn) was originally arrested for the kidnapping and felonious assault, to when the rape charges were added and he was indicted (while still sitting in jail). He was arrested July 29th 2013, and the rape charges were added/included on the indictment on September 27th.

No I was pretty certain that I wasn't. Just seems like a logical thought, to me. I thought maybe if I put it into words, I could better wrap it up in my head.

No I was pretty certain that I wasn't. Just seems like a logical thought, to me. I thought maybe if I put it into words, I could better wrap it up in my head.
I was not being trite at all. I think you nailed it .

Nothing about when the autopsy, specifically, time of death will be released?

Personally, the time of death is one of the most important pieces of information needed to determine complicity on the part of the parents.

I totally agree about the timing.

The simple scenario of JR being the lone bad guy and mom and dad were out shopping for school snacks (at the same place that JR happened to be shoplifting) and that grandma simply slept through everything is an incredible turn of events. I hope it's as billed, but am worried that it's not. No matter what, I have no doubt some people who loved Bella are hurting.

There was a case I followed here, missing girl, Jackson, Ohio (no name, a child who survived her abduction and sexual assault). She was abducted from her front porch late at night by a 'friend' of the family's. She was found naked and banged up miles away the next day.

Dude was arrested and charged right away for the kidnapping and attempted murder. (He had left her for dead, thankfully, he did a bad job on the dead part.)

The sexual assault aspect was up in the air just like in this case. It took at least a few weeks for them to come back and add sexual assault of a child, but they did.

The case has still not gone to trial, so I don't know what the hold up was on the sexual assault charge. The family was not quiet on Facebook and they were outright saying she was raped long before the charges came. But the prosecution did wait on adding them.

I hate that this happened to Bella, and I'd hate it even more if I found out she was raped prior to being strangled. And I hate contemplating this.

But what if there was evidence to sexual assault and preliminary tests showed more than one male DNA sample? You'd hold off charging on the sexual assault then until you knew who the DNA belonged to, correct?

Yikes, I hope it's not that.

If she was out in the desert heat for two days, I wonder if that would affect the sexual assault determination.
I don't think the elements hinder any sexual assault determination. I do however, think that it is smart for the prosecution to withhold certain elements of the crime to protect their case.

From a forensic standpoint, a determination of sexual assault on an eight year old child would be relatively easy to determine, but I suspect that certain information would be withheld from the public until all of the results are conclusive.

There is the alternate possibility that elements of the case are being withheld for prosecutorial reasons.

I think JJR not talking could be one of two things. Either he just doesn't want to further incriminate himself or there were other people involved that would harm his children/family if he squeals.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all the evidence that have is that he was the last adult to be seen with her, his shoe prints were found at the scene, and he shoplifted from Walmart leaving behind muddy clothes.

So I'm sure in his feeble little mind he thinks there is a chance he can get away with this. I am going to assume that the mud on his clothes will be compared to the mud at the scene but what else is there in the form of strong evidence?

Maybe it's time to rethink the motivation for this murder. With no sexual assault charges being filed, and the autopsy completed, then one would have to think that the motivation was not sexual. No question JR is demented, a drug addict and all around sick individual but he's not a rapist as far as we know based on the charges.

So now, we go back to the drugs, money, extortion perhaps, and whatever else was going on in that house.

No matter what, I can't imagine kidnapping a child, and killing them over something that had nothing to do with the child. It was all about getting back at the mother for something? The family? The step dad?

What's the motive?

I believe that everyone living in that house, friends and family know the motive.

We're not done yet.
I absolutely agree. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there is a reason that the parents did not divulge the very likely possibility that there "cousin/friend/roommate/uncle" was involved.

No handslapping, dry tear proclamation can hide the fact that Bella was taken as a direct result of the mother's actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer