GUILTY FL - Jill Halliburton Su, 59, murdered in her Davie home, 7 Sept 2014 *retrial 2022*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
c717553c-428d-4f42-87c6-517ea1dcdefc_zps559170e1.png

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-murdered-florida-woman-found-in-bathtub/

Authorities responded to a reported suicide Monday at the Davie, Fla. home of Jill Halliburton Su, but on Tuesday police confirmed they were conducting a homicide investigation...

Davie Police Department divers were seen searching for clues in a lake behind the family's spacious home, and detectives are reviewing community surveillance video, CBS Miami reports...

Police said her husband and son were questioned extensively because they were on scene after the body was discovered.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/davie-police-investigating-womans-death-as-homicide/

Police have yet to release the manner she died or a possible motive.

She is related to the Halliburton oil family and was married to renowned University of Florida entomologist Dr Nan Yao Su, who works at the university research and education center in Davie...

Detectives are reviewing surveillance from the community.

Jill's FB: https://www.facebook.com/jill.su.7

It looks like Jill and her husband just returned from a trip to Kuala Lumpur. I mean, like, within days of her death.

http://www.local10.com/news/coworkers-speak-about-woman-found-dead-in-davie-home/27990310

Davie police divers were back in the water behind the home in the upscale West Ridge subdivision searching for a murder weapon, personal items or anything connected to Monday's murder of the 59-year-old wife and mother.

Investigators still aren't giving any clues about how she was killed or why. Sources close to the case tell Local 10 News it looked like a break-in.

Su's husband, Dr. Nan Yao Su, a prominent entomology professor at the University of Florida's Education and Research center in Davie, was unable to view his home surveillance cameras Monday morning and called his grown son to check on the home. We're told that the son discovered her body in a bathtub.

I'm seeing a little flow chart in my brain. A classic sequence of events. Problem with flow charts is you can follow them backwards too.

The call first came in as a reported suicide but police later called it a “suspicious death.”
On Tuesday they confirmed the woman’s death was the subject of a homicide investigation.

Police have yet to release the manner she died or a possible motive.
She is related to the Halliburton oil family and was married to renowned University of Florida entomologist Dr Nan Yao Su who works at the university research and education center in Davie.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/davie-police-investigating-womans-death-as-homicide/

Pool cleaner Ryan Madriz told WSVN-Ch. 7 that he was leaving the home Monday afternoon when the victim's son ran to him in hysterics and begged him not to leave.

"Somebody broke into my house and killed my mom," Madriz said the man told him. "When he said those words, I was like, 'Are you serious?' and I looked down at him and his hands: His arms and his shirt are covered in blood."

Police discovered a smashed window in the rear of the home near the pool, Engle said. They are canvassing the neighborhood for surveillance video.

"We are hoping somebody has captured a bit of evidence on home surveillance," Engle said.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...vie-woman-flamingo-gardens-death-ruled-murder

I just read about this case on People Magazine's website, of all places.

This is a big wth? I have lots of questions...

Some thoughts:

"found dead in a bathtub at her Florida mansion"
"son called police when he found the body, saying he thought it was a suicide."

IMO: point to that the victim was lying in blood soaked water, and the son thought she had cut her wrists.

"But when authorities arrived on the scene they started investigating the death as a homicide"

IMO: point to that police found that the victim had not cut her wrists, but had been stabbed, therefor all the blood in the bathtub water, and that the way she had been stabbed excluded suicide.

"since the home's back door near the pool was broken and a room had been ransacked, indicating a break in."

IMO: if the killer was a burglar, then WHY was the victim found killed in the bathtub? I mean it makes NO sense. If the victim was found in the bathtub bc she was already IN the bathtub when the burglar entered the house WHY would the burglar kill her? No need to do that at all due to that she had then not seen him and could not identify him.
And if the victim surprised the burglar WHY would he make the trouble to put her in the bathtub?

I don't believe there was a real burglar brake in, I think the "back door was broken and a room ransacked" was a staged scene and that the killer either was a lust murder or more likely someone close to the victim.

Been looking around researching on this case. I see where she just got back from vacation with her husband. I kind of think someone might have been casing the house and knew they were on vacation and didn't expect her to be there. I find the pool guy suspicious after looking at some information about him. I hope they catch who did this.

Been looking around researching on this case. I see where she just got back from vacation with her husband. I kind of think someone might have been casing the house and knew they were on vacation and didn't expect her to be there. I find the pool guy suspicious after looking at some information about him. I hope they catch who did this.

And what about the son.......hmmm?????!!!!

Some thoughts:

<respectfully snipped for space and to address comment>

I don't believe there was a real burglar brake in, I think the "back door was broken and a room ransacked" was a staged scene and that the killer either was a lust murder or more likely someone close to the victim.
BBM

Agree. Curious also that the husband asserts he was unable to view home surveillance cameras and sent his son to the house. Why? What was the urgency to check on her or the house?

Unfortunately, there seem to be several cases where the perpetrator (the spouse) sends someone else to check on things only for that person to discover the deceased. And with that, he is on the top of my list of POI.

:(

MOO

Very confusing.

I wonder why her husband couldn't veiw the surveillance cameras? I also wonder why he wanted to view them while he was at work. Did he often do this?

Very confusing.

I wonder why her husband couldn't veiw the surveillance cameras? I also wonder why he wanted to view them while he was at work. Did he often do this?
That is my primary question. What was so urgent that day that he needed to see what was going on at the house (*if* he is not the perpetrator)? Was there an ongoing problem that he feared someone would break in? Was he trying to check up on the pool cleaner? Or was it just a ruse to get his son over there and find her?

:waitasec:

MOO

That is my primary question. What was so urgent that day that he needed to see what was going on at the house (*if* he is not the perpetrator)? Was there an ongoing problem that he feared someone would break in? Was he trying to check up on the pool cleaner? Or was it just a ruse to get his son over there and find her?

:waitasec:

MOO

It might be that it was their habit for him to keep an eye on the house through his computer. When the system was down, he asked his son to see what was wrong. It could have been a very innocent request.

This is a gated community in not a high-crime rate area; plus most of the houses have security cameras and many of the houses have yards that are mostly exposed (not heavily treed). Not a likely place to burglarize. So, that tells me that it was a crime of opportunity like a burglary gone wrong by someone who would not look suspicious being on the property OR it could be a personal/emotional issue made to look like a robbery. I do think it a tad odd that the professor had the type of "live" camera security system--doesn't seem like this neighborhood warranted it but maybe that's just how he rolls being a techy researcher, eh?

If I am correct, there are only a few possible suspects.

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10