Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a pretty remote area. A lot of bushland.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2555404/child-missing-at-kendall/?cs=257

Fri, 5.15pm: The darkness is closing in, but the searchers are not going anywhere.

Police Inspector Mick Aldridge said PolAir has returned to Sydney after extensive aerial searches.

"But we're not leaving - we'll continue all the way through the night," he said.

Inspector Aldridge said police officers, SES volunteers and concerned residents will search the area, which includes state forests, during the night and as morning begins.

I'm terrible at finding new threads - I didn't realise this one had been opened earlier, but am glad it's here. I hope there is a positive outcome soon - he's been missing a long time for a little toddler :(

Gosh Benaroon St in Kendall is surrounded by pretty dense looking forest and bushland! Unless the google maps image is horribly out of date, I can see how it would be easy for a little one to possibly wander in and get lost pretty quickly. Not saying that's desirable or anything, but I'm hoping that's the case rather than something more sinister having happened.

I've been checking for updates all evening - how frantic must the family be as it turns midnight and this little guy is still missing.

Something I wasn't aware of until just now (and isn't mentioned in any other news items) is the fact that William didn't disappear from his own home. His family are from Sydney, and are visiting his grandmother in Kendall. So wandering off and becoming lost in that dense forest does seem even more likely if it's not such familiar territory for him.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/09/12/20/02/child-vanishes-during-sydney-family-holiday

Still - missing well over 12 hours now - his mum must be out of her mind with worry.

It's good to see on Facebook comments people in the community are leaving their lights on

At least it sounds like he's wearing something bright. Stay safe little one, let them find you.

so he was alone in the yard or was his sister playing with him?

The thing is I have a feeling his sister is even younger than him - so I dare say no help in giving clues about where William went.

Wasn't there a similar case where a toddler followed a puppy?

thoughts and prayers with his family, its getting dark again now, i hope they find him, pray no one has taken him.

Please let him be found safe and well. Hopefully his Spiderman cape will keep him warm. :crossfingers:

Wasn't there a similar case where a toddler followed a puppy?

Yes, there was, a year or so ago. A little boy with Down Syndrome who followed a puppy. I think at Nambucca? About 2 hours north of where this little man has gone missing. If I remember correctly, a member of the public who went searching found him.

I am a few hours north and inland of where this child has gone missing, and tonight is the first night since May we have not lit the fire. I hope it is as mild on at Kendall as it is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.