VA VA - James Walker, 53, Bedford, 7 Apr 2000

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
walker_james.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/walker_james.html

Walker was last seen sitting inside his friend Donald Adam's vehicle and smoking a cigarette in the parking lot of Food Lion in the Peaksview Shopping Center at the time.

Adams stated that when he returned to the car, he realized Walker had vanished. Walker has never been heard from again.

If you have any information concerning this case please contact
Bedford City Police Dept. 540-586-7114

walker_james.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/walker_james.html

Walker was last seen sitting inside his friend Donald Adam's vehicle and smoking a cigarette in the parking lot of Food Lion in the Peaksview Shopping Center at the time.

Adams stated that when he returned to the car, he realized Walker had vanished. Walker has never been heard from again.

If you have any information concerning this case please contact
Bedford City Police Dept. 540-586-7114

Thank you for starting this thread, imamaze!

James Davis Walker is from the area where we live. The Food Lion where he disappeared from is about 10 miles away. After he disappeared two ponds in our area were drained from what I'm told. I'll see if I can find any links to verify that. His family needs answers and closure.

My mom just told me today that James was her cousin's ex husband. I did not know this. I had never met him as far as I can remember.

so this guy had a family...not just a drifter?

Yes he has family who still live in our neighborhood. Local law enforcement started searching an area in our neighborhood last week and we were sure they had re-opened James' missing person case but it was not James they were looking for. We found out a few days later that this intensive search was for the 2 missing Lyon Sisters from Maryland, a case that is 39 years old. But because of the Lyon Sister case, more attention is now being focused on James and we're praying he'll be found in the process too. I spoke to one of James' children through Facebook a few days ago and they want their father back, they need closure.

He was very tall and thin...tall enough to be memorable.

Also, we're the details about the prison inmate's story ever fleshed out to the public? As in how was this inmate connected to either Adams or Walker?

There isn't any connection between the missing Lyon sisters and missing James Walker. The only common thread they have is Taylor's Mountain. The inmate, Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. (aka Michael) doesn't have any connection to Adams or Walker. I don't recall ever meeting Adams even though he was once married to a distant cousin of mine and I doubt he was even born when the Lyon sisters went missing. I guess there might be a very slight chance that Adams' ancestors and Welch's ancestors were related back in the day, if Adams' ancestors were from our area but I highly doubt there is a connection between the two at all.

Here's one of the most recent updates on James' case:

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/lyon-sisters-case-puts-another-investigation-into-spotlight/28996158

"His tall and slender physique earned him the nickname "slim," but family members say James Walker was never thin on generosity.

"Dad would help anybody at anytime, whenever he was able," said Bobby Walker, James Walker's son. Walker's children stay focused on the positive memories of their father. It keeps them motivated to find out what happened to him.

Walker disappeared during a shopping trip 14 years ago. Police say he traveled to the Food Lion in Bedford on April 7, 2000. He was accompanied by three people from Taylor's Mountain."

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/bed...h-look-at-thaxton-mans-disappearance/28994504

There isn't any connection between the missing Lyon sisters and missing James Walker. The only common thread they have is Taylor's Mountain. The inmate, Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. (aka Michael) doesn't have any connection to Adams or Walker. I don't recall ever meeting Adams even though he was once married to a distant cousin of mine and I doubt he was even born when the Lyon sisters went missing. I guess there might be a very slight chance that Adams' ancestors and Welch's ancestors were related back in the day, if Adams' ancestors were from our area but I highly doubt there is a connection between the two at all.

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/lyon-sisters-case-puts-another-investigation-into-spotlight/28996158

Hello beachlvr0810.
I was wondering how do you know that LLW, Jr. was the "inmate" mentioned in the description?
Thank you.

My apologies, simplify...I had the Lyon sister's case on my mind when I posted my comment above. Lloyd Lee "Michael" Welch, Jr. is not the inmate in the case of missing person James Walker. I have been told who the inmate is in James' case but I won't put that person's name out there for others to see. It was not Lloyd Lee "Michael" Welch, Jr.

I hope your cousins ex wife and everyone involved will one day get answers. It's a very sad case. Thanks for the updated information.

I was just wondering if the inmate was connected in anyway tho Walker or Adams. More specifically, on the Charley project site for this case an inmate told police that Walker was buried on Adams property which was enough to get them a search warrant in 2001. That makes me think that at least Adams knew him in some capacity.

I was just wondering if the inmate was connected in anyway tho Walker or Adams. More specifically, on the Charley project site for this case an inmate told police that Walker was buried on Adams property which was enough to get them a search warrant in 2001. That makes me think that at least Adams knew him in some capacity.

Baddux, I've been told about this inmate who is mentioned on the Charley Project site and I know his name, and yes, the rumor is that there was a connection between this inmate and James. I don't know that for sure but that's what I've been told.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back