OR OR - Ronald Leckenby, 45, Silver Falls SP, 6 Sept 2014

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sheriff: Man disappears into woods at Silver Falls State Park

[snip]

Ronald Leckenby, 45, from Aloha, Ore. was in the car with his son, Pearce Leckenby, traveling to the state park for the afternoon on Sept. 6. Pearce said Leckenby got out of the car and walked away into a heavily forested area. He did not take his wallet, cell phone, or any other personal items with him. Pearce waited for his father to return, but when he did not, Pearce drove the white Nissan Altima home and called the Sheriff's office three days later on Tuesday, Sept. 9.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Sher...ods-at-Silver-Falls-State-Park-275011951.html

Man is missing after going to Silver Falls State Park

[snip]

The police were told by Ronald Leckenby's son that he drove his father from Aloha to Silver Falls State Park last Saturday.

He also said his father "made some comments" and then walked into the woods. He left his wallet and cell phone in the car.

More: http://www.kptv.com/story/26524462/a-man-from-aloha-is-missing-last-seen-at-silver-falls-state-park

Washington County deputies seeking missing Aloha man who reportedly vanished into Silver Falls State Park

[snip]

Ronald Leckenby's disappearance is being considered suspicious and detectives with the Washington County violent crimes unit are assisting with the case, Ray said. No suspects have been identified.

http://www.kptv.com/story/26524462/a-man-from-aloha-is-missing-last-seen-at-silver-falls-state-park

Deputies search for missing Aloha man in Marion Co. woods

[snip]

Detectives said they were treating the case as suspicious and conducting extensive interviews.

Marion County sheriff's deputies searched Silver Falls State Park, but could not find Ronald.

Washington County Search and Rescue planned a search in the areas around the park on Saturday.

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/2014/09/13/missing-aloha-man-in-marion-county/15589449/

26524462_BG1.jpg

Woha!

His dad walks off into the woods the son drives home and alerts LE 3 days later?

Give me a break!

Interesting comments on that first article

Snipped from the 3rd link...

...He was wearing a brown suit when he reportedly walked into the woods, deputies said.

Detectives are asking anyone who may have seen Ronald Leckenby or his a white 2014 Nissan Altima on Saturday, Sept. 6, between Aloha and Silver Falls State Park, to contact the sheriff's office.

Ronald's Altima has a DMV temporary permit in the rear window and "CARR" dealership placards where the license plate would be.

1410640755000-2014_Nissan_Altima.PNG

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/2014/09/13/missing-aloha-man-in-marion-county/15589449/

Strange story. Why wear a suit into the woods? Why didn't the son report him missing until 3 days later?

Not sure if this is relevant, but his mother died last month (August) and she had worked for the Forest Service for about 40 years.

Kind of reminds me of the Edwin Birch case that also involved a father and son, the woods in the PNW, and the father going missing. That one was from mid-July.

(Thread is linked above) They supposedly went hiking on the same trail, but from opposite directions and were supposed to meet in the middle, and the dad never showed up. They were doing it, supposedly, for him to get into better health... Son reported dad missing at 1:30 am

And while I was trying to find that thread, I saw this one, another father and son in the PNW also involving trails or hiking. Though in this case neither have been located (though their car was) - they were from KY. Car found in the Mt Hood area. Last seen by neighbors/family back in KY in mid-August.

This case is bizarre. I also did a google search and saw that Ronald, the missing man, has prior arrests. I don't think I can link to the sources, but it's easy enough to find. Haven't finished digging, so I don't know what the priors are for...

Edit. Oh man. I don't know if it's okay to post prior mugshot / arrest info. He is, after all, the victim in this case...

:thud:

My son and his GF went hiking in the park all day today! I'll have to ask him if he saw anything suspicious.

This case is bizarre. I also did a google search and saw that Ronald, the missing man, has prior arrests. I don't think I can link to the sources, but it's easy enough to find. Haven't finished digging, so I don't know what the priors are for...

Edit. Oh man. I don't know if it's okay to post prior mugshot / arrest info. He is, after all, the victim in this case...

It's okay to sleuth the victim under normal circumstances, but unless his prior arrest record has something to do with him going missing, it's kinder not to post the links, KWIM? But, it's enough to note that maybe he is in hiding due to his past issues? I mean, maybe he just wants to get away from his problems and start all over?

IMO, someone needs to tell the son to lighten up on all that FB posting. It can't be helping him, and it might be hurting.

Jmo, but there are some serious mental health issues going on there.

IMO, someone needs to tell the son to lighten up on all that FB posting. It can't be helping him, and it might be hurting.

Jmo, but there are some serious mental health issues going on there.

I thought the fire images on the son' FB page were eery, since his father was arrested for arson in 2005.

Also, there was a man named Ronald Leckenby in the UK that was murdered by his son.

I thought the fire images on the son' FB page were eery, since his father was arrested for arson in 2005.

Also, there was a man named Ronald Leckenby in the UK that was murdered by his son.

THAT Ronald Leckenby from the UK had also murdered his brother...

:what:

STRANGER than fiction!

OMG. I didn't even see the arson arrest. I saw the various 2007 sexual assault charges and the very recent DUIs / reckless driving / some other stuff arrests. Sorry if that's against the rules to post...

I wonder if he went off into the woods to commit suicide. Or, in some of the vague post about the son "helping" him... perhaps he was running away and his son waited 3 days to report him to give him a head start.

OMG. I didn't even see the arson arrest. I saw the various 2007 sexual assault charges and the very recent DUIs / reckless driving / some other stuff arrests. Sorry if that's against the rules to post...

I wonder if he went off into the woods to commit suicide. Or, in some of the vague post about the son "helping" him... perhaps he was running away and his son waited 3 days to report him to give him a head start.

I didn't see the sexual assault and recent DUI charges. Are they in court records?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back