GUILTY CA - Angelica Weems, 23, Willows, 14 Sept 2014

m_brown

Reaction score
http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/willows-woman-missing-disappearance-considered-suspicious/

Willows police officers are searching for an at-risk missing woman after her husband was found with a self-inflicted stab wound.

According to a news release from the Willows Police Department officers found 29-year-old Zir Weems bleeding profusely near Oak and Ventura Streets.

A subsequent investigation revealed that Zir and his wife Angelica Weems had gone for a walk earlier in the day, but only Zir had returned home.

Authorities searched the area and were unable to locate Angelica. A K-9 search has been initiated in the officers are still actively looking for her. Angelica Weems is considered an at-risk missing person and her disappearance is considered suspicious.

Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Angelica or the circumstances surrounding it is asked to contact Sgt. McIntyre at (530)934-3456.3

Angelica Weems Is 23, my apologies. Also, she appears to have been missing since Sunday 9-14. BBM

"Willows police say 23-year-old Angelica Weems hasn't been seen since her husband reportedly stabbed himself Sunday night.

https://www.facebook.com/ActionNewsNow

officers found 29-year-old Zir Weems bleeding profusely near Oak and Ventura Streets.

Location is right next to the canal. :notgood:

Earlier Action News story edited:

According to a news release from the Willows Police Department officers found 29-year-old Zir Weems bleeding profusely near Oak and Ventura Streets at 6:20 p.m. Sunday.

Zir Weems was transported to Enloe Medical Center where he is currently in serious condition.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_2653...issing-willows-under-suspicious-circumstances

Willows Police Department Chief Jason Dahl said Zir Weems was found with lacerations on both of his arms, which police believe were self-inflicted...

A helicopter was deployed Sunday and again this morning, but there is no sign of her, the chief said. A search and rescue team is currently out conducting a search operation near the residence the couple was staying at and the area the pair may have walked.

Dahl said the timeline of events and locations are still unclear because police have been unable to speak with Zir Weems, who has been undergoing surgeries.

The Willows Police Department is searching for a 23-year-old Chico woman who disappeared this weekend under suspicious circumstances, according to authorities.

Angelica Weems has reportedly not been heard from or seen since she allegedly walked away while out with her husband Sunday afternoon.

Officers learned of her disappearance after responding to reports of a man who was on the ground, bleeding profusely in the area of Oak and Ventura streets on the eastern edge of town at about 6:20 p.m., according to a press release from the Willows Police Department. He was transported to Enloe Medical Center, where he is in serious condition.

Willows Police Department Chief Jason Dahl said Zir Weems was found with lacerations on both of his arms, which police believe were self-inflicted.

Officers investigating the incident were informed by family members of the Chico couple that Weems and his wife, Angelica Weems, had been on a walk earlier in the day, but only Zir Weems returned home, Dahl said.

The Willows Police Department and the Glenn County Sheriff's Office have been searching for Angelica Weems, but have been unable to find her.

A helicopter was deployed Sunday and again this morning, but there is no sign of her, the chief said. A search and rescue team is currently out conducting a search operation near the residence the couple was staying at and the area the pair may have walked.

Dahl said the timeline of events and locations are still unclear because police have been unable to speak with Zir Weems, who has been undergoing surgeries.

Willows police officers were notified by family members of Angelica Weems' disappearance when Zir Weems was found, but it's unknown what time she went missing, Dahl said.

"Angelica Weems is considered an at-risk missing person under suspicious circumstances," the press release stated.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_2653...issing-willows-under-suspicious-circumstances

20140915__CER-L-WillowsMissing-0916~1_GALLERY.jpg

From this article http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/loved-ones-desperate-to-find-woman-missing-out-of-willows/28094028
Weems mother, Lorena, said a box cutter was found alongside Zir, who was rushed to the hospital and survived his injuries.

Distraught and in tears Tuesday afternoon, Hernandez was out with a group of Angelica's friends searching for any clue of her daughter's whereabouts.

Willows police sergeant Troy McIntyre said attempts to find Angelica have centered around a nearby irrigation canal.

"Supposedly she went for a walk so that's our first indication, that if something did happen, that she may be in there," McIntyre said.

As for Zir, he has been questioned by police.

"There's no indication that he knows where she's at," said McIntyre.

Angelica's mother, on the other hand, said the two have a history of domestic violence and that Zir has made threats against her daughter and their children.

She's certain he's responsible for her disappearance and knows where she is.

ETA: On the local news this morning, they described the husband as "uncooperative"

poor girl..

Nothing new today. Seems like they know the area she was last in. I am curious why she has not been found. Maybe she ran away and is hiding (I hope). I cannot bear to see more children left without a parent for no sane reason.

The lack of media attention/public attention is frustrating and sad, as a local. However, it is not surprising to me. Unfortunately missing persons, even those with suspected foul play, don't get enough attention here (IMO).

"The search for missing Butte County woman, Angelica Weems, is ongoing the Willows Police Department said Friday.

Over the last week The Willows Police Department, Glenn County Sheriff's Office, Glenn County Search & Rescue, Butte County Search & Rescue, and the California Highway Patrol (air support) have been searching for Angelica. Tracking with a K-9 and cadaver dog has been done in the surrounding areas and several square miles of area have been searched by foot, ATV, boat, and vehicles.

On Sunday a candlelight prayer will be held at the TJ MAXX parking lot on Notre Dame Boulevard in Chico. Both Angelica and her mother Lorena work at the store."

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-butte-county-woman/

:(

It is heartwrenching and probably not good news. I think it points to a domestic violence situation. With the deaths of Jennilee Sides and her husband Justin (my friend's sister), a month ago, this is just too close to home. I live locally. I am so sad about this poor woman. I am writing on the local thread of the news about her, and family is absolutely beside themselves with grief and worry, but there just isn't enough being done, in my opinion. I hope to see she is found alive and I'm going to reserve my positive thoughts on this, rather than worry about the negatives. Perhaps she got very angry, took off and just walked away and kept going. I think we've all thought about it. Maybe she just doesn't want to be located right now. Perhaps they will find her in a good situation. Keep up hoping guys.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/mi...ed-domestic-violence-against-husband/28195366

Less than five months before 23-year-old Angelica Weems of Chico went missing, she had filed a temporary restraining order against her husband, Zir Weems, alleging domestic violence.

In a letter written to the Butte County Court, Angelica Weems detailed an episode that occurred April 20, 2014 at the couple's house on West Sacramento Ave. In the letter, Ms. Weems wrote that her husband kicked her in the backside, hit her on the head, pushed her into walls, pointed a gun at her, and later told her to take the gun and "end him." Ms. Weems wrote that her husband had a bad temper and suffered from mental illness.

The video obtained by police shows Weems in two separate stores, including the Circle-K in Willows, between 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. wearing a black tank top. This is the last confirmed sighting of Weems.

Her husband Zir Weems was found, with self-inflicted stab wounds, in the area of Oak Street and Ventura Street at 6:20 p.m. Sunday September 14.

Surveillance screenshot at link.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/police-release-surveillance-footage-of-missing-chico-woman/

From what I have read via Facebook comments on this article as well as others, this footage helps authorities nail down a time that AW was last seen. I believe they cannot account for her after this footage (Saturday)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cecile-Juliette/104824539597918?fref=nf

From a local reporter's FB page. Story should be up soon on Action News.

Zir Weems is being taken RIGHT NOW to the Butte County Jail. He was arrested in Chico within the last few hours on animal cruelty charges. According to Glenn County officials, they were called to the Weems' home in Willows a week before Angelica Weems disappeared. It was reported that a rottweiler was being mistreated. Authorities say Zir had hung the dog, killing it. Following the investigation, he has been arrested on 1 felony and 5 misdemeanor counts, including subjecting an animal to needless suffering, and keeping an animal in a confined area. He will be jailed on an $18,000 bond. Angelica Weems, 23, has been missing since September 13. Zir was found with several stab wounds in an apparent suicide attempt. Authorities say Zir's arrest has nothing to do with Angelica's disappearance. DEVELOPING...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back