Massive wildfire Weed CA threatening entire city! 9-15-2014

Rogueweather.com on facebook is giving up to the minute updates.... I can't seem to link it from my phone, but said they are fighting basically a losing battle, and to be prepared for the worse:( stories already out of people literally fleeing with the clothes on their back AS the fire lights their house....

OH MY. This is so tragic and so frightening. My heart goes out to everyone up there and my continued prayers...:heartbeat:

I just saw this on my FB feed. Horrible! I have a special place in my heart for Weed. We always used to stop there on family road trips to California. There was the BEST restaurant across the street from the Motel 6. . .HUGE portions.

I hope everyone is able to stay safe. :(

I have heard the elementary school is gone, a lot of the mill (major employer for the small area), and countless other structures.... which sounds so terrifying! They are also thinking of expanding evacuations, as the wind is brutal, and daylight is fading fast:/ there is no electricity on the whole area, which means no gas can be pumped..... causing a big issue for people trying to leave, as well as the firefighters needing to fill up equipment!

Just horrible. Tons of prayers for everyone. ..The drought has been so bad for SO long...I am dreading what is going to happen as the "fire season" really gets going.

God bless each and every victim of the fire and each one of those brave firefighters.

best
HC

One of my dearest friends is from Weed.
She just attended a High School reunion there about a month ago.
Prayers for everyone affected by this disaster.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back