GUILTY VA - Joy Schultz, 51, Shenandoah, 14 September 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
JoQWWZz.jpg

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/Search-Continues-for-Missing-Page-County-Woman-275359641.html

The FBI, Page County Sheriff's Office and Virginia State Police are all searching for Joy Schultz. The last time someone saw her was at a yard sale she went to with her husband the day before she went missing.

With a car still left in the driveway, many question whether Schultz left on her own or if someone took her.

"The family has been very cooperative, looking for items within that may give us clues as to where she may be. So right now, we want to determine whether we have a crime, or whether we simply have a missing person," said Page County Sheriff John Thomas.

Sounds like LE needs to have a sit down with the husband. Did they come home from the yardsale together? When was the last time he saw her? Did they argue? Was she depressed? Crossing my fingers but this one trips the hinkey meter.

Yeah, there's gotta be a reason for the FBI and state police to be involved only two days out.

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/Search-Efforts-Continue-For-Joy-Schultz-276846471.html

Joy Schultz, who was last seen at a county yard sale on Sept. 7, is still missing.

Neighbors say they are desperate to keep her name out there.

Page County Deputies said they are still actively searching with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies for her. They also said that after searching her home, they believe she left on her own and was not taken; however, this case remains unusual because she left behind items like her car and clothes.

Sounds like maybe the neighbors disagree with the "left on her own" part.

Page County Sheriff says they found the cell phone of Joy Schultz this saturday. Case now upgraded to missing and endangered or possible homicide.

Just started following this case as my husband used to work with her. How horrible. I hope something is discovered soon and they are able to find her.

Many, many parts of this story are missing. When did her husband last see her, did she go outside for awhile the day she vanished, did she go for a walk ? How can someone be abducted from inside their home with no witnesses ?? ..........etc........... It's sort of like a 100 count Jigsaw puzzle with 60 of the pieces missing.

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/New-Evidence-In-Case-Of-Missing-Page-County-Woman-278411791.html

"That's just not Joy, so I mean, she had a head on her shoulders, so we know that something has happened to her," said Gulick. She worked with Schultz for years and was with her the day before she disappeared... She said it's very unlike Schultz to just pick up and leave without telling anyone...

Investigators say there are several persons of interest, but declined to say if her husband is one of them.

The sheriff's office is hoping that additional evidence could be found as more hunters head out to the woods for hunting season.

This doesn't sound good at all. I'm confused about which day she was last seen...one article I read said the 7th, another one said the 6th. So which day was she actually seen by someone? We need more detail on where exactly she was last seen and by whom?

This poor lady hasnt been given very much coverage at all.

Hmm, I must have missed one of the Sheriff's quotes when you first posted the link. I'm hoping I'm just being too critical of his choice of words. The following comment just has me crossing my fingers that LE knows what they're doing, as it seems a little naive:
"If somebody wished to remain missing, it would be very difficult in this day and age to take off the grid your social security number and all of those things," said Thomas.

Hmm, I must have missed one of the Sheriff's quotes when you first posted the link. I'm hoping I'm just being too critical of his choice of words. The following comment just has me crossing my fingers that LE knows what they're doing, as it seems a little naive:

With all due respect and I mean no offense, this is Page County. This is a very rural county. The people I've come across while working are some of the nicest and most trusting people I've ever met. I understood what he meant, although it was a different way of saying it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back