OH OH - Daniel Lyman, 56, Columbus, 6 Sept 2014

nerosleuth

Reaction score
Alert Issued For Missing 56 Year Old Man

Columbus Police issued an alert Wednesday for a missing 56-year-old man who was last seen on September 6 on the west side of Columbus.

Investigators said he walks to work every day from Sullivant Avenue to Phillipi Road, but that it is highly unusual for him to not be at work, and to lose contact with his family.

He is described as a white male, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 220 pounds, bald, with blue eyes.

Source:

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/26560031/alert-issued-for-missing-56-year-old-man

Here's a photo of Daniel C. Lyman Senior.

He is described as a white male, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 220 pounds, bald, with blue eyes.

4765818_G.jpg

WCMH-TV had a live report Wednesday night at West Broad Street and Phillipi Road during the 11:00 PM newscast. WCMH-TV reported that Daniel Lyman Senior didn't own a car, didn't own a cell phone, and he didn't smoke or drink.

The newscast reported that he was employed at the Big Lot distribution center on Phillipi Road and he walked to his job everyday from his Sullivant Avenue residence.

WCMH-TV has added a video on their website about Lyman's disappearance.

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/26560031/alert-issued-for-missing-56-year-old-man

Daniel C. Lyman Senior was last seen on Saturday September 6 by his son-in-law and his grandchildren when they were at his home. They left for a little while and returned that same day to find he was gone.

4765818_G.jpg

Lyman never reported to work the following Monday and police say he never missed a day of work in 21 years. According to his family, Lyman walked to work everyday and the distance from his home to his work place was nearly six miles.

WCMH-TV reported that police plan to subpoena Lyman's bank records to see if there have been any withdrawals.

Man With Perfect Work Attendance Disappears, Not Seen In Almost 2 Weeks

Daniel_Lyman.PNG

Columbus Police say the 56-year-old has a spotless record of consistency and dependability. That's why when he didn't show up to work, his co-workers and family knew something was wrong.

Lyman's family last saw him September 6. Five days later, they were alerted by his employer that he hadn't been to work.

Source:

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...ce-disappears-not-seen-in-almost-2-weeks.html

From neurosleuth's link above - he walked 6 miles to work? And never missed a day of work in 21 years? Wow. I really admire him for his dedication.

"He got up every day started to work at 2 a.m. every morning, and would be there by approximately 5 o'clock a.m."

So he walked every night in the early hours. I wonder if someone tried to rob him. Hopefully LE is thoroughly searching his walking route. I hope they find him, but based on the type of dependable person he seems to be, since he hasn't turned up yet I am very afraid that this isn't going to turn out well :(

Family Of Missing Man Fears The Worst

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The family of 56-year-old Daniel Lyman, who has now been missing for 12 days, is pleading for his return.

The missing man's bank account was cleared out two days after he was last seen, but his own daughter questioned if it was done on his own accord.

Columbus police say they are requesting surveillance video from his bank to see if they can answer those questions.

Source:

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/26573081/family-of-missing-man-fears-the-worst

Family Of Missing Man Fears The Worst

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The family of 56-year-old Daniel Lyman, who has now been missing for 12 days, is pleading for his return.

The missing man's bank account was cleared out two days after he was last seen, but his own daughter questioned if it was done on his own accord.

Columbus police say they are requesting surveillance video from his bank to see if they can answer those questions.

Source:

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/26573081/family-of-missing-man-fears-the-worst

Oh no. This is sounding really bad. :(

The son in law and grandchildren were the last to see him. They left for a while, then came back and he was gone. At that time of day, he wouldn't have been walking to work, so my worry that he was jumped in the dark is probably not what happened to him.

Wish we knew if he mentioned anything to the son in law about going somewhere. Maybe to get some food, or something for the grandchildren for when they returned later? Or thinking in a different direction, wonder if there was any discord with the son in law?

Just have no idea with this one. Hopefully LE will.

His family told a CPD detective today that Daniel Lyman is ok, but detectives have yet to make contact with Mr. Lyman so the missing persons case remains open.

Hmm, sorry but I don't buy it. He sounded like such a person of regular schedules (always described as dependable and consistent) PLUS his bank account was cleared out 2 days after he went missing? And family says he's OK but no one from LE has seen him? JMO but I'm thinking hinky, as in maybe LE was getting a little too close in finding the truth and someone wanted them off the trail?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back