MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...own-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-teen-Michael-Brown-2&p=10867195#post10867195

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Thread #16

Thread #17

Thread #18

Thread #19

Thread #20

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

Some protesters say Saturday’s demonstration is part of a new strategy to become more active on South Florissant, in front of many of the community’s most popular businesses and community gathering spots. They’ll be back next Saturday, they say.

“That way it’ll get their attention and they’ll call City Hall,” said Marvin Skull, one of the protesters.

That’s the goal,” he said. “To make people uncomfortable.

He and others in the group are calling for a boycott of South Florissant businesses to get owners to put pressure on local officials to act.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...cle_89afa13b-64a2-56e1-b809-15707064920c.html

IMO, they're trying to hold the city hostage so people feel forced to answer their demands. The terrorism parallels are amazing in their tactics. Seems they don't want people to feel safe or like normal business can be conducted in diverse areas.

Some protesters say Saturday’s demonstration is part of a new strategy to become more active on South Florissant, in front of many of the community’s most popular businesses and community gathering spots. They’ll be back next Saturday, they say.

“That way it’ll get their attention and they’ll call City Hall,” said Marvin Skull, one of the protesters.

That’s the goal,” he said. “To make people uncomfortable.

He and others in the group are calling for a boycott of South Florissant businesses to get owners to put pressure on local officials to act.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...cle_89afa13b-64a2-56e1-b809-15707064920c.html

"To make people uncomfortable" So what is the logic in this statement regarding protestors? Why would any group that claims that they want support from the community make an effort to be disruptive just to make citizens "uncomfortable"?

It worked this time! Thanks to the poster who had given me instructions on posting images.

So, now it's not just arrest Darren and fire Chief Jackson, among a long list.

"To make people uncomfortable" So what is the logic in this statement regarding protestors? Why would any group that claims that they want support from the community make an effort to be disruptive just to make citizens "uncomfortable"?

Uncomfortable with the status quo.

These 'folks' aren't looking for justice. imo They are using MB as an excuse to act like thugs. It's pitiful and shows just how insignificant and unproductive they are.

Not just any citizens either but "family" events where children are present. Like that's not going to stick in their heads for their whole life.

I don't get it either. If someone bullies me, I'm certainly not going to be supportive to them or their cause especially if they're damaging things and especially if I'm a business owner and they disrupt my business.

I also don't get the "let my people vote" Tshirts some are wearing as seen in Pops pics posted.

So the protestors theory is that if you get between a man who is out buying some produce to go along with that nice juicy steak he plans to have for dinner tonight that this will somehow influence him in voting out those very people you are protesting about in the next election? I don't see it that way.

I think it's the professional activists' version of "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46