Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
By WRIC Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time.
Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784
VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5

Hannah Graham Case: More Than 1,000 to Search for Missing U.Va. Student

The first wave of volunteers spread out around Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday to search for a missing University of Virginia student who disappeared a week earlier. More than 1,600 people gathered Friday night at the John Paul Jones Arena for a briefing on the massive search for 18-year-old Hannah Graham, who vanished a week ago after an off-campus party, said Jeffrey Stern, a state coordinator for the Virginia Department of Emergency Management. Crews said the turnout was so large that volunteers would be split into groups with different start times, according to NBC affiliate WVIR. The first shift started at 8 a.m. ET.
EXCLUSIVE: 'Person of interest' in hunt for missing Hannah Graham is a nursing assistant who admits he bought her drinks but claims he did NOT drive off with her in his car
By Nick Fagge In Charlottesville, Virginia, For Mailonline
Published: 11:11 EST, 20 September 2014 | Updated: 13:02 EST, 20 September 2014

The ‘person of interest’ in the case of missing UVA student Hannah Graham admits that he bought her drinks but denies he drove off with her in his car, MailOnline can reveal exclusively.

Jesse ‘LJ’ Matthew has confirmed he met the 18-year-old in Charlottesville’s Downtown Mall on the night she went missing and bought her drinks at a local bar.

But Matthew, a nursing assistant at UVA Hospital, told his mother that Hannah did not get into his car and that the pair ‘went their separate ways.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-claims-did-NOT-drive-car.html#ixzz3DszGloD3

Charlottesville Police identifying person of interest in Hannah Graham case
Posted: Sep 20, 2014 1:55 PM CST Updated: Sep 20, 2014 1:56 PM CST
By Geneva Smith

[...]

It's unclear whether investigators have questioned Matthew yet. Police say they are still aware of his location. Call the Charlottesville Police tip line at (434) 295-3851 if you have information about this case.

Dreadlocked man in case of missing student Hannah Graham identified as nursing assistant
By Staff Writer 2 hours 8 minutes ago

Matthew has lived in Charlottesville his whole life, where he works in the operating room of the UVA Hospital, sources told MailOnline. He is a nursing assistant who transports patients to the operating room. -

See more at: http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...with-her-in-his-car.html#sthash.3JlLQZon.dpuf
Report: ‘Person of Interest’ Admits Buying Missing UVa Student Drink
Updated: Sat 5:00 PM, Sep 20, 2014
By: WCAV Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WCAV) -- Charlottesville Police have publicly identified the dreadlocked man they say was seen in surveillance video on the Downtown Mall. Capt. Gary Pleasants confirmed that Jesse Leroy Matthew was seen with Graham last Saturday on the Downtown Mall, and lives at the apartment on Hessian Hills Way that investigators searched Friday.

I am curious to those here who think that no crime has been committed, what do you think happened to Hannah?

smiley-whistle_zps510f2ae6.gif

Before you post information about a person be CERTAIN that you are talking about the correct individual.

Time Outs will be issued for posting about anyone other than the named POI.

If our POI is the same man as the cab driver, which he very well could be, I don't see how it matters to Hannah's case. He is no longer a cabbie. His car is not yellow, it's burnt orange, and it doesn't bear any of the decals or marks of a cab. If it did, I'm sure LE would have included that information in their description of the vehicle. I don't see how he could have tricked her, or anyone else, into thinking it was a cab.

I think he could be the guy in the sketch, especially if he has gained a significant amount of weight since then.

I am curious to those here who think that no crime has been committed, what do you think happened to Hannah?

I think 99.9999% probably think a crime has been committed. Just that there is no proof of that yet. But, as you pointed out, evidence is not proof and proof is no evidence.

But, what is probable cause? What's the probable cause necessary to obtain a DNA sample from a suspect?

I noticed one of Hannah's friend's referred to her as Heggie or Heggy and I wondered why. Now I realize that her initials are HEG.

I pray that progress is made soon. If the suspect is able to change his Fb page in the last hour then there has to be a location/ISP for where he currently is but that may take some time to get.

I think a lot of people just like to keep ALL options opened. The facts are that right now, we just know she is missing. Do I think I crime was committed? Yep, but I can still entertain the idea that something else happened. I always have to remember to go back to the last fact we have, which is that she is missing.

I noticed one of Hannah's friend's referred to her as Heggie or Heggy and I wondered why. Now I realize that her initials are HEG.

I pray that progress is made soon. If the suspect is able to change his Fb page in the last hour then there has to be a location/ISP for where he currently is but that may take some time to get.
I'm pretty sure they know where he is, and are following him. He is not on the run, he just isn't talking.

If our POI is the same man as the cab driver, which he very well could be, I don't see how it matters to Hannah's case. He is no longer a cabbie. His car is not yellow, it's burnt orange, and it doesn't bear any of the decals or marks of a cab. If it did, I'm sure LE would have included that information in their description of the vehicle. I don't see how he could have tricked her, or anyone else, into thinking it was a cab.

The cab is relevant because Morgan would have willingly gotten into a cab. He has lived in Charlottesville his entire life. Perhaps familiar with that land where she was found.

I think he's probably in his apartment. Didn't someone post a twitter comment from a reporter saying there was no answer but lights/TV were on? Maybe he is watching the game and reading WS....

Enough with this issue of proof/evidence of a crime. A judge has issued 2 search warrants in connection with Hannah Graham's disappearance. That means the judge thinks there is probable cause to believe a crime was committed.

This is JMO.....but as far as the sketch goes, I think there are a lot of variables to consider.
When the FF victim was attacked it was dark...also, I'm sure
She was quite traumatized.

Just throwing out more and more "speculation" here...sorry to those who want cold, hard facts, as I don't have any of those. ;) Wonder if Dreds could have approached Hannah with a line such as, "Hey, you don't look like you are doing too well...I work at a hospital, I can get you some anti-nausea medication. You need fluids...come with me, I have all this medical stuff at my place. Then, I will drop you off at your party."

The cab is relevant because Morgan would have willingly gotten into a cab. He has lived in Charlottesville his entire life. Perhaps familiar with that land where she was found.
Like I said, it's not relevant to HANNAH'S case. This is about Hannah being missing. So far, there have been zero substantiated links between Hannah's disappearance and Morgan's murder. I think going on and on about the cab and how he might have been a cabbie years ago muddies the waters when it comes to Hannah.

To the POI, I would say that by not talking to the police, you make yourself look guilty of something nefarious. If whatever happened to Hannah was an accident, the evidence will prove that out. But time is ticking and crucial evidence is lost over time, including evidence that can clear you of wrongdoing. It works both ways. The longer you remain silent, and that is your right, the worse it looks for you.
All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member