PA - Four unrestrained kids die in MVA, Monroe County, 20 Sept 2014

I must be missing something. This gets a thumbs up because.....

The article doesn't say how old the kids were, but due to the driver's and passenger ages, I would imagine they are real young. Why weren't they restrained? Even if you don't have a booster seat, at least use the seat belts. It would be better than nothing. I imagine they were projectiles.

10 years ago, my youngest was in a car accident, in the back seat, and had a diagonal bruise from the seat belt, which means if she didn't have it on, she would have flown through the car and I wouldn't have her now. She suffered from a broken arm, but that is so much better than being killed.

What the h!! Why do people drive crazy. My biggest concern as my children sit in the backseat, one still in booster both buckled up right along with me is to keep them safe. Rushing is not worth my families or another families life. This makes me so sad.

I was watching a reality tv show last night. And couldn't concentrate on the show because the mom and two girls were not buckled.. In the middle of winter. Wth

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-kids-killed-crash-restrained-25657564

4 cars. Sorry for the 4 little childrens lives that were taken from them. I bet there wasn't enough seat belts to begin with.

I haven't followed your link, but I've noticed that TLC "reality" shows are the worst as far as kids buckling is. But the sad truth is, they are the reality. I'm a car seat nut, but my own best friend really doesn't give a **** as to how her kids are buckled. Her guy is barely thirty pounds, if he even is, in a low back booster for kids over 40 with the shoulder belt behind his back and the lap belt not even in the guides, some times on top of them. People really don't care how their kids are buckled. Even many who have to have the "best" car seats(most expensive). Sorry folks, all the bells and whistles mean nothing if you don't even fasten the kid in.

I had to stop watching a TV show b/c one of the kids was in the front seat all the time, and the two in back weren't in boosters. Sorry. I can't handle watching people put their children's life in danger. I just can't.

the adults buckled themselves in but not the children - that makes no kind of sense unless they thought their own lives were more important than the kids lives - it is callous disregard and if the passenger can be shown to have any responsibility for the kids, she should be charged

That is so terribly sad and maybe the kids would have survived if properly buckled in to safety car seats. Its the law in our state that kids have to be buckled in while in the back seat through age 16.
Our town had another kind of senseless tragedy this past weekend. In the downtown of our small town, a beloved and popular teacher and his friend had a drink or a few drinks and then walked to another restaurant down the street. They were on the sidewalk and saw a train coming and decided to run across the tracks before it got there. One man made it but the teacher was hit by the train, died instantly, and his body was left in pieces. He was only 44 years old. The whole tragedy would have been easy to avoid by not trying to beat the train. And probably the alcohol clouded their judgement and caused them to take chances they might not have otherwise taken. So sad and so avoidable.

Thanks Oblio for clearing that up. I asked because the wloord
Laughing was printed next to the Thumbs up. I knew you weren't laughing at the 4 kids.....The word laughing isn't there now?????? I saw pix of the accident and cried. It only takes a
Minute to buckle up your kids. You spend a life time regretting
Not buckling them in and they are lost forever if killed in an
Accident...

That is horrible! I wonder why they were not restrained.

How terribly sad for those children and the surviving family. I really think neglect charges for parents whose children are not properly restrained when involved in a car accident needs to become mandatory for parents to start understanding the importance of car seat/booster/seatbelt safety!

Just last night, we had our three youngest kids out for ice cream when a family pulls up in a small five passenger vehicle. Dad is driving, mom is in the passenger seat, and four kids pile out of the back. There's no way they all were wearing seatbelts properly, and at least three of them should have still been in boosters, if not harnessed. It makes me sad and angry.

Thanks Oblio for clearing that up. I asked because the wloord
Laughing was printed next to the Thumbs up. I knew you weren't laughing at the 4 kids.....The word laughing isn't there now?????? I saw pix of the accident and cried. It only takes a
Minute to buckle up your kids. You spend a life time regretting
Not buckling them in and they are lost forever if killed in an
Accident...

Laughing is the username of a poster here.

Oh. Well obviously I'm new here. A lot to learn yet. Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back