1153 users online (260 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Does anyone know what month Ann Miller was born in?
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

No, sorry. All I found was that she was born in 1945. Same year as my mom. Why are you inquiring ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibiz View Post
    No, sorry. All I found was that she was born in 1945. Same year as my mom. Why are you inquiring ?
    I was wondering if she was actually 21 yet or if they just subtracted 1945 from 1966. The other girls were born in 1947 and said to be 19. Although certainly possible, it would go against the odds that all were born in the first half of the year. The reason I wonder is it would make a difference if one of girls could have bought alcohol for the group or if they would have to go elswhere.

Stan Reid

Robb2014 is offline Verified insider in the Indiana Dunes State Park Mystery
    Cinci, You're right, the girls never asked anyone to watch their belongings. A couple that had been sitting nearby had taken it upon themselves to watch their stuff after the girls had been gone a while and some kids tried rifling through it. The couple were married to different people and took a while to come forward because they had been on an illicit randevu. They are the ones who notified the park rangers at the end of the day when the girls never returned. Very suspicious because no woman I know would ever leave her purse on the beach with money and car keys while they went off in a boat.

Sorry I haven't checked in here in a while. A couple things happened lately that has spurned my interest again.

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    I was wondering if she was actually 21 yet or if they just subtracted 1945 from 1966. The other girls were born in 1947 and said to be 19. Although certainly possible, it would go against the odds that all were born in the first half of the year. The reason I wonder is it would make a difference if one of girls could have bought alcohol for the group or if they would have to go elswhere.
    They all had fake ID's and went to bars regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Markybug View Post
    50yrs , so long ago now. Chances of anyone involved still alive will be low?
    Very likely that the guy who picked them up in the small boat is Ed Neifeld and as of a couple years ago at least he was still alive and living in the far south Chicago suburb of Crete. He'd be in his mid to late 70s.

For those of you who don't remember me, I'm Bob Blough, Pat Blough's brother. (I've been verified by a phone call with the admin.)

I've seen Dick Wyle's name pop up a couple times since I was last here. I remember Dick well. He did spend a lot of time on the case and I remember him telling my Dad that he would continue to investigate this case until he died. I've pretty much written him off however. I've searched him out and reached out to him on two occasions and he never responded back. So much for promises made by Dick Wyle.

My Mom is still alive and in good health at 98. We were talking about Pat's case just the other day and she gave me a name and newspaper clipping that might be related to this case that I'd like to check out. There's a research data site that Cops and journalists use called "Data Fusion". It's kind of expensive but the data bank is shockingly complete. I had an author contact me relating to a different matter and he used this to find me. He had every phone number I'd ever had along with every address, criminal record including traffic tickets going back to my first one when I was 18, along with every email address I'd ever had. If anyone has access to this data service and is willing to check something out relating to this case, please send me an IM. Also I appreciate the interest you all have been showing over the years relating to this case. I'll be checking in much more regularly from now on and will be available to answer any questions you might have. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Robb2014; 02-15-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robb2014 View Post
    They all had fake ID's and went to bars regularly.
    Hi Robb-Do you know Ann's birth month? I was born in 1946 and rememeber hearing in the 1960s that many bars in the Dunes area were known for serving underage drinkers so fake IDs might not have always been needed.

Stan Reid

North Western Indiana was quite the resort area in the 1960s with the Dunes plus Indiana Beach as well as at least one nudist camp owned by the Drost Family.
    Last edited by STANDREID; 02-15-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Stan Reid

No Stan, sorry I don't. Check on the Indiana bars. Just about everyone had a fake ID back then. There were no pictures and it was easy to get a duplicate license and carefully cut out a couple dates and paste them back to change the year.

Bob: do know if anyone has tried to speak with EN, and see if after all these years, maybe he would be willing to talk about what he may know about what Dick claims?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24