NY NY - Denise Sheehy, 16, Woodside, 7 July 1970

Richard

Reaction score
Denise Marie Sheehy
Missing since July 7, 1970 from Woodside, New York.
Classification: Endangered Missing Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 20, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 103 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Sheehy has pierced ears.
The Doe Network: Case File 754DFNY
NCIC Number: M-022016771

Circumstances of Disappearance

Denise was last seen leaving her house on July 7, 1970. She and her mother argued at dinner and she ran out of the house in a huff. Nothing was missing to indicate she had anything planned. She has not been seen or heard from since.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: New York State Division of Criminal Justice Service 800-346-3543

Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/754dfny.html

How sad---the poor mother/family---I hope someday this can be solved.

Update from Doe Network today that shares similarities with the description of Denise and the relative geographic location;

Case File 668UFNJ

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on December 6, 1971 in Galloway Township, Atlantic County, New Jersey
* Estimated Date of Death: Months prior

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 14-18 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 118 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Possible wig - shades of blonde, brown and red brown with presence of a coloring additive. Extra sacral vertebrae (lower back).
* Dentals: Available. No restorations; good occlusion.
* Clothing: Ribbed blue cotton or synthetic shirt; white, blue, and orange striped canvas or cotton trouser of the hip-hugger variety; underwear; white bra. Brown leather sandals. Brown, wide leather band with small brass rings containing a ladies Westclock watch.
* DNA: Pending

Denise Marie Sheehy

Missing since July 7, 1970 from Woodside, New York.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 20, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 103 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Sheehy has pierced ears.
Clothing: Blue shorts, a red and white top, and clog sandals.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Denise was last seen leaving her house on July 7, 1970.
She and her mother argued at dinner and she ran out of the house in a huff. Nothing was missing to indicate she had anything planned.
She has not been seen or heard from since.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
New York State Division of Criminal Justice Service
800-346-3543

NCMEC #: 924905
NCIC Number: M-022016771
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/754dfny.html

It has been 40 years since Denise went missing.

I thought this could be remotely possible:

DSheehy.jpg

http://www.ci.huntington-beach.ca.us/government/departments/pd/crime_info/rodney/0027.JPG

http://www.ci.huntington-beach.ca.us/government/departments/pd/crime_info/rodney/0039.JPG

phpIEzHrDPM.jpg

Sniped from above article...

And now the story in Cleveland gives Diehl renewed hope and refocuses the vivid details of her sister’s disappearance.

“It was my 19th birthday and I called from a pay phone to tell my mother I was getting on the subway home to our place (in the Mets apartments at 4815 46th St.) from my job at AT&T in Manhattan,” says Diehl.

“My mother was setting the table for my birthday party. Then she smelled beer on my sister Denise’s breath. My mother had just heard Denise talking to her boyfriend who was visiting a sick aunt in Pennsylvania. My mom and Denise argued. My mother said she was gonna tell my father when he got home from work at the post office. My sister stormed out.”

Denise hopped a fence in the courtyard behind the building and exited through an adjacent Mets apartment building. “A neighbor said she saw Denise walking out as she was coming in,” she says.

“A drug dealer lived in that building. It was 1970. The year after Woodstock. If a teenager died in Woodside it was in Vietnam or an OD. Nobody was killing teenage girls.”

Diehl says the family waited all night for Denise to come home.

“My parents reported her missing the next day,” she says
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-missing-1970-article-1.1338795#ixzz2SoTrVgCa

I wonder if she tried to make her way to Pennsylvania to see her boyfriend? The article doesn't mention where Denise got the alcohol from or whether she had been out with friends just before her mom smelled the alcohol...

I've seen Missing Person flyers up for Denise in stores in MN-she won't be forgotten!

There is a dental chart in the Documents section of Denise's NamUs casefile.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5533/0

Here is what the coding would look like:

Denise Sheehy - Dental Chart
Upper (R to L, 01-16) N F A F F N N N N N N N F N F N
Lower (R to L, 32-17) N F N N N N N N N N N N F N F N​

N: Natural Tooth, no restorations
F: Tooth Restored With Filling(s).
A: Missing Tooth (lost during life).​

As to whether or not she'd been out that afternoon or if she'd stayed home. As in, did she nick a beer from her folk's fridge, or had she been out drinking with friends?

I agree, and I can't seem to find an article that says if she was out of the apartment drinking before hand. I wonder if the family had alcohol in their home she could have gotten?

I just found out that the drinking age in NY in 1971 was 18. If she was out drinking with friends, it's perfectly believable that the alcohol was provided by someone who wasn't involved in her disappearance, such as a girlfriend only a couple years older. I would still like to know where the alcohol came from, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back