Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
By WRIC Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time.
Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784
Sunday afternoon, September 21, press conference
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

Someone asked in the previous thread about the various groups of guys/ witnesses in the videos and if anything has been said about their testimony. I got the feeling from the previous pressers that those were the very people LE was frustrated with when he mentioned the many people seen on videos who hadn't come forward with statements. Perhaps, (hopefully), that has changed. If it hasn't, it's a shame.

What do you think the mostly likely location of HG is... if she is alive and if she is deceased?

Hearing the rescue guy talk made me cry. Also, when I participated in a search, the news of them scaling back 3 days in was not good. It turned out they had information that solved it and the person we were looking for was deceased. I pray this isn't the case in Virginia. Watching the community come together for something like that can be amazing though.

I'm re-posting this link. An excellent article describing use of the term "Person of interest" and how it can devastate lives of innocents.

http://ajrarchive.org/Article.asp?id=4042

Not bringing politics into this but it is my opinion that "person of interest" started being used regularly after john ashcroft used it to describe the person in the anthrax case, not wanting to call him a suspect. jmo

What do you think the mostly likely location of HG is... if she is alive and if she is deceased?

I wouldn't like to speculate. I'm also highly sceptical that intelligence necessarily plays a part in being able to hide a body, as expressed by someone who knows JM, should that grave sadness prove to be the case here. Tia Sharpe's grandmother's partner concealed her body in the attic of the family home for a week before the poor girl was discovered. There is nothing in that man that could pass for even average intellect. He simply had no moral compunction or sense of personal responsibility for his actions.

There is a real possibility that the POI will suicide.

JM has been given ample opportunity to speak to the police. He keeps refusing. He WAS the last person to be seen with Hannah. At this point in time I really don't care how this impacts on his life, as he is fuelling this by not co-operating with the police. All I want is to see Hannah found and the person who disappeared her, whether it's JM or someone else, brought to justice. JM has made his own bed, let him lie in it.

If Hannah is alive, I hope she is being well-cared for in a comfortable environment,although that is unlikely.. Let me clearly state that I am not a psychic or a remote viewer or anything like that, but I have a hunch that the car has been driven over some rough terrain, possibly a recently cut cornfield. Just my personal hunch.

This deserves more than a simple thanks. very interesting article.So basically a person of interest interesty ends to be viewed as guilty a suspect among their peers, community and media. especially effective when you are sorely lacking substanbcial ervidence as as what happened to hannah.
I lived in Alexandria for over 10 years and racism is alive and well in Northern Virginia. (especially if you're black). Not saying he didnt do anything to Hannah but Im not convinced he did.

forgive typing, cat on lap

I'm r

e-posting this link. An excellent article describing use of the term "Person of interest" and how it can devastate lives of innocents.

http://ajrarchive.org/Article.asp?id=4ery interest042

There is a real possibility that the POI will suicide.

I have been thinking this, and the more aggressively LE behaves and sounds, the more likely.

If he does know where Hannah is, he might be the only one who does and if he takes that info to his grave it could be harder on those who love her.

Maybe Longo could "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." But you do get the impression Longo is so passionate, he might be out of control and beyond objectively considering facts. Kind of a "we are going to nail someone for this..no more making fools of us. JML, you are the man and I will get you!"

Yup, JMO and perspective but first post from a lurker so please be kind. I mean no harm.

I have been thinking this, and the more aggressively LE behaves and sounds, the more likely.

If he does know where Hannah is, he might be the only one who does and if he takes that info to his grave it could be harder on those who love her.

Maybe Longo could "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." But you do get the impression Longo is so passionate, he might be out of control and beyond objectively considering facts. Kind of a "we are going to nail someone for this..no more making fools of us. JML, you are the man and I will get you!"

Yup, JMO and perspective but first post from a lurker so please be kind. I mean no harm.

Completely agree with you.

:welcome6: Welcome quietwun! I'm glad you joined us.

JM has been given ample opportunity to speak to the police. He keeps refusing. He WAS the last person to be seen with Hannah. At this point in time I really don't care how this impacts on his life, as he is fuelling this by not co-operating with the police. All I want is to see Hannah found and the person who disappeared her, whether it's JM or someone else, brought to justice. JM has made his own bed, let him lie in it.

It all comes down to differences in policing methods and how the laws work in the US. Look at the two arrests in the Alice Gross case. Arrested on suspicion of murder, questioned with a lawyer and then released without charge.

This both enabled the police to move on quickly to find the now prime suspect and neither men's identities were published AFAIK.

I really wish the high fiving women would be reading the internet and watching the videos, etc. and go to police and chat. I think there's a really good chance they are completely unaware they are on video, that they were in the vicinity when HG went missing, or even that a man who might be a friend/acquaintance of theirs is a POI. They might have no clue who HG is or that there is a missing girl.

Were there any officers hanging around the Mall area late at night this weekend, questioning people as to whether or not they had been there the previous weekend and might have seen anything?

It all comes down to differences in policing methods and how the laws work in the US. Look at the two arrests in the Alice Gross case. Arrested on suspicion of murder, questioned with a lawyer and then released without charge.

This both enabled the police to move on quickly to find the now prime suspect and neither men's identities were published AFAIK.

Exactly. They eliminated them and this progressed the case. At this moment in time JM is hindering the investigation into Hannah's disappearance. Had he co-operated, gone in and spoken to the police, told them what they needed to know, then I'm sure he wouldn't be being persued so intensely. I'm well aware that he's quite within his rights not to speak, but the bigger picture here is that a young girl is missing. Police want to find her. They don't want to arrest and charge the wrong person. How will that help them solve this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46